20

The Wolf

You let out a deep breath and closed your eyes. For the past hours, you had been laying lazily in Kais’ arms. You knew you couldn’t go outside, at least not yet. You would have to wait a few hours to be sure that no one was around after the incident earlier that morning.

You almost dozed off before Kai slightly moved. You blinked a little to get the sleepiness out of your eyes, before tilting your head to look up at him. He had a relaxed face and almost looked a little sleepy.

“Something wrong?” You asked and lifted your head off his chest to get a better look at him.

“No, nothing.” He said and tightened his arms around you in a quick hug.

You nodded a little before you turned your gaze to the outside world and the sunlight that came in through the cave opening.

“Do you think the others are worried about you?” You spoke your mind without thinking.

Kai had told you about the plan he had made with Chanyeol and Sehun before he came the day before. That he was only supposed to check on you, move you to another cave, and then come back before anyone was able to track him down.

“I don’t know, maybe.” Kai furrowed his brows in thought and straightened up a little before he added something. “Chanyeol is probably going to be pissed at me. Sehun on the other hand will most likely act like it’s not a big deal, but on the inside he’ll be almost as annoyed as Chanyeol.”

You smiled a little. You hadn’t seen the two boys for some days now, especially Chanyeol. You missed the two of them and hoped to see both of them soon; even though you knew that, it was unlikely to happen.

“Maybe you should go back.” You said that without looking at him, your eyes still fixated on the cave opening in front of you. “I don’t want them to worry so much that they start doing reckless things without thinking.”

Kai nodded slightly while staring blankly in front of him. He knew his friends cared for him, just as he cared for them too. He also knew that some of them wouldn’t hesitate before doing things they knew they shouldn’t do. He let out a sigh at the thought and stood up.

You lifted your head and looked up at him. You didn’t want him to leave; not just, because you wanted him to be there, but also because it meant that you would be left alone, again.

“Say hi to the others for me.” You said as you stood up and smiled at him.

Kai nodded and wrapped his arms around you in a hug before he kissed your forehead with a smile.

“I will.” He said as he ruffled your hair a little. “Don’t do anything reckless while I’m gone, okay?”

You nodded your head with a smile and gave him a quick hug before he left. You stood by the cave opening while you watched him transform into a wolf and run of.

A heavy sigh left your lips as he disappeared out of sight and silence enveloped you. You had no idea about what you could do to make the time go by faster. No matter how hard you tried, nothing came to your mind.

“Maybe I could take a swim in the lake.” You mumbled to yourself before you nodded your head and decided to do so.

You walked out of the cave and smiled happily at the water that came in to view. The surface blank and almost looked like a mirror that reflected the beautiful, sunbathed scenery around it. You couldn’t help but to smile.

You quickly took of your clothes and folded them neatly before you placed them on a boulder a few feet away from the water. Then, you slowly dipped your toes into the blank water while a smile spread across your lips.

The water that surrounded your body was cold, but not too cold. The sun had heated the water to just the right temperature, and with the sun shining down from above and the sounds of the forest ringing in your ears, you immediately felt your body relax.

You swam around and played by yourself in the water until the skin on your hands turned all wrinkled due to the longtime of being of being in the water. You took your time swimming back to the dry ground; before you got up and dried yourself, got dressed and lay down to relax.

You closed your eyes and listened to the sounds around you, while you took in the smell of grass and soft moss around you. A smile spread across your lips as you slowly disappeared into your own thoughts and forgot about the world around you.

 

Your eyes shut up at a sudden pain in your neck. You let out a yelp and sat up while your hand went to your neck and pressed at the spot where the sudden pain emitted. You looked at your hand and a few droplets of blood had gathered in your hand. Your eyes widened and you jumped to your feet while your eyes darted over the ground you had been laying on.

There were no signs of any snakes, even though you were sure it must have been a snakebite. A mosquito bite wouldn’t hurt that much, and beestings wouldn’t leave blood. You furrowed your brows before you slightly shook your head.

“I must be going insane…” You mumbled to yourself before you quickly returned to the cave, as you figured that that would be the best thing to do.

 

Later that day you started to feel nauseous. Your head started to hurt and your body temperature raised to the point where you felt like your would boil over at any second. You had tried to lay still, to drink some water and to put a cold handkerchief on your forehead, but nothing seemed to have any effect.

You let out a deep sigh while leaning up on your elbows. You had been laying on the ground with you handkerchief on your forehead for almost an hour now and it had no effect whatsoever.

“I’m sorry Kai, but I can’t stay in this cave like this any longer.” You said to yourself as you stood up on your feet and walked out of the cave.

You had been thinking through your options for almost an hour now, and had excluded every single one of them. The only option left was to go to the den and hope for a miracle that would give you the answer to your weird condition.

You knew something had bitten you, but you didn’t know what. Another thing you didn’t know was why it had this weird effect on you, and why none of the things you tried to do made it any better.

Therefore, you decided to do the last thing you wanted to do; and that was walking to the den and hope for a miracle to happen. You already knew the way back to the previous cave, and from there, you knew you wouldn’t be far away from the den. It should be simple enough to find it.

You almost stumbled over your own feet due to exhaustion when the den came into view. Finding it had been a lot harder than you thought. First, you had followed some wolves on a safe distance; they seemed to be two busy having some sort of conversation by barking and moving their ears, heads and tails, to even notice your presence. However, they soon sped up and you lost sight of them. After that, you had to guess your way, which led you to a dead end twice.

You looked for any familiar faces, but to your disappointment, you couldn’t find any. You walked a bit closer, still in search of one of your three friends. You knew coming to the den was a stupid thing to do. If anyone but your friends were to find you, you were almost guaranteed to be killed. If you walked straight into the den without any of them, it was safe to say that you would be ripped apart within five minutes.

You wiped some beads of sweat of your forehead and blinked a few times to clear your view before you walked a little further. You had to find one of them fast, before you collapsed. You were already feeling dizzy, and with a heavy and unsteady breath and slightly blurred view, you knew it would only be a question about time before you collapsed. Therefore, you were relived beyond words when you finally saw a face you knew not too far away from you.

He had his back against you. The well-known laughter floated towards you and you could see the happy smile on his face inside your head. He was walking with some of his friends. You weren’t sure who they were; you just knew that you hadn’t been introduced to them before.

“Sehun.” You called out as loud as you could manage.

Sehun stopped in his tracks at the sound of your voice. His entire body force just at the thought of you being here. He didn’t dare to turn around, too scared that it might be true; that the voice wasn’t just something he heard inside his head.

It can’t be… But her voice, it was so real…

His thoughts made his curiosity grow until it got the best of him. He slowly turned his head around. His body followed suit and the sight that met him made his eyes widen and breath hitch.

Sehun stared at you with shock, unable to believe that you were really there in front of him. You looked at the well-known face before you and smiled at him. You gave him a tired smile before black dots started to spread in the outskirts of your sight, until it covered everything and all you heard was the sound of feet running towards you and Sehun calling out your name, before everything disappeared into darkness.

* * * * *

First of all: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 SUBSCRIBERS!! <3

This is just a short chapter, but I felt like updating just to give you all something to read.

Avry got bitten by something! What could it be? And will she be allright after walking into a den full of wolves that wouldn't hesitate to make her this nights' dinner? What will happen when Kai and Chanyeol finds out? Heheh, I'll give you the answers in the next chapter. And just to add to the excitement, I'll soon make an appearance for Tao and Luhan and the others back in the village ^^

I hope you all liked the chapter even though I made it so short. Don't forget to comment! And if you like it, subscribe and maybe give it an upvote.

Love you all ~