◜0.7◞ — Sixth Chapter — Practice Make It Better — ◜0.7◞

◜0.7◞ ⇝ ZERO POINT S7VEN — SM Entertainment's New Idol (Undercover) Rookie Group // Apply Closed - Story Start

Practice
  Make It Better
. . .

 

The next day the boys woke up early. At 5:30 p.m. all of them were already in the SM Building, inside of the room that looks like a dance studio with mirrors surrounding every inch. All of them stood still with their closed eyes, messy hair and yawning every once in a while. Jihoon was about to fall asleep completely when suddenly 3 people walked in and made noises around them.

“ Ya ya ya! Wake up, wake up! You're not here to be sleeping! “ said one of the voices.

That 3 people now stood in middle of the room and shook their heads when they saw that none of the boys seemed to listen to them.

“ I told you it’s pointless. Just look at them! There’s no way they will debut in 2 weeks. Even groups with class like TVXQ was hard to debut and they hope we can help these boys?" another voice sighed before continuing, “ It’s basically like starting everything from scratch. I don’t get why SM listed them as the next group to debut. “

“ Give them a break, guys, “ said the last voice in there, “ We didn’t get to meet them properly. We don’t know their potential, but when SM decides something, he knows what he's do, so let’s do our best to help them shall we? “ the voice stopped above Han-Gook, who was fast asleep with his head resting on the back of Jaemin’s back.

The person poked Han-Gook's cheek and he giggled a bit before falling back asleep, “ Shush.. cow.. not now.. zzzz “

“ Did he just call me a cow..? “ said the person and got stifled laughter from the other two. The person glared at them and they quickly walked to the boys to wake them up.

One of the people went to Youngho's side and took a deep breath before screaming loud in his ear, “ WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP! “

It worked! Some of the boys were startled and stood up right away while Youngho, who felt his ear ringing, cursed loud in Italian. Fortunately not any of them understood it.

Jinhwan, who looked around to see wha the commotion was about, finally noticed the 3 people who stood in front of all of them. “ Um guys, they're here. “ Jinhwan shook Jihoon and Taewoon's body hard as the other boys slowly gained their conscious.

“ Hey.. who are you guys? “ Jaemin looked at all of them as he tilted his head.

“ Thank God you guys finally woke up. I almost had to bring in water to pour on you all if you didn't wake up. “ said the guy who stood on the right side.

“ Sorry, we had a long day yesterday, so I guess we're all tired. “ said Hanuel in a calm manner and didn't forget to offer them his smile.

“ It’s okay, at least you guys are paying attention now. Well let me introduce ourselve first, “ said the only girl in room. “ My name is Dana and I’m a vocal teacher. I will teach you how to sing well and reach your high notes in flying color. On my left is Tony Testa, and he will be in charge of dance and will be your choreographer. “ the guy named Tony only rose two of his finger in swag manner before Dana continued, “ and the last guy here, you can call him The Underdogs. He will be your album and song producer. “ The guy only gave them a nod when Dana introduced him, “ Now you know our names, can we know your names too? “ Dana turned to the boys and smiled at them.

The boys looked each other before Jihoon spoke first, “ The name is Jihoon. “ Jihoon rose his hand while yawning.

“ I’m Han-Gook. “ he gave them playful, two-finger salute.

“ Hi, I’m Jaemin. “ he rose his hand and waved.

“ Hanuel. “ he said while smiling widely.

“ My name is Jinhwan. “ he smiled at them.

“ Youngho. “ he said in a lazy manner before all of them turned to Taewoon, who seemed to try to ignore all of the people there until he noticed all attention is on him.

“ Fine. Taewoon. “ he said shortly.

Dana nodded her head in satisfaction and smiled, “ Well now that we know each other, I wish we can work together well cause we are here to help you. So anything bothering you while we work together, please tell us. “

The boys nodded their heads.

“ Yeah, I don’t know what’s your deal with SM, but he hired us to make you the best of the best. So let’s not disappointed him. “ The Underdogs said to them and once again the boys nodded their heads.

“ Now go get ready, we will start practice. Change your clothes and be here in 10 minutes. NOW! “ suddenly Tony clapped his hands and ordered the boys to get ready.

The boys started moving and changing their clothes; in 10 minutes they're back with the teacher and ready to finally accept their first practice as trainees.

“ Alright! First, we start with stretching. “ Tony said as he regrouped each boy and started stretching their bodies, while Dana and The Underdogs went to the side of room and prepared their subjects.

---

“ Ahh I give up~ water.. water~ “

The boys were now sprawled all over the floor whining. All of them in sweaty clothes and not one who was not still breathing heavily due to the extreme practice they had.

“ Come on boys! We only just done stretching, and all of you are already out of breath? Get up! We still need to practice the dance moves! “ Tony yelled to them before grabbing a bottle of water and drinking it.

“ I'm starting to regret my decision now.. “ said Jihoon as he closed his eyes and laid down on the floor while trying to catch his breath.

“ I know, I don’t know how Sehun pulled it off. He does it everyday without complaining and here I am after just one hour and I feel like dying. “ Jinhwan said as he wiped away the sweat from his face.

“ It’s worse than police training man.. “ Han-Gook joined them and earned a nod right away from all the boys.

“ BOYS! GET UP! “ Tony yelled once again and the boys didn’t have choice, but to get up on their feet and walk toward the ‘Dance Hitler’.

“ Now we want see your basic skills. “ Dana and The Underdogs now joined Tony in the middle of the room. “ Which means we want see you sing and dance. Just give us some moves or lines and we're good. Okay, starting with you, Jinhwan. And the rest can sit and watch. “ Dana pointed at Jinhwan before the three of them moved to the side to let him be in the center.

“ Well I’m not really confident with singing.. so.. “ Jinhwan start singing while Dana and all the teacher started making some notes in their books. But when Jinhwan start dancing and moving his body following the music that Tony played, everyone there were slack-jawed and just watch him in amazment.

“ Wow, he's a good dancer. “ Tony said to his colleagues while watching Jinhwan popping his arms and legs.

“ Told you, don't judge them by their cover. “ Dana smiled widely as her hopes start rising. Now she wondered what the others can offer to them.

The next one is Jihoon. He did free style dance and sang. He did it pretty well; the teacher can say that his dancing and singing skills are so balanced. But he could work a little bit have more on his vocal side.

Han-Gook blew everyone away when he started singing. His voice could reach high notes, but it's slightly cracked, Dana only said that with more practice he can be as good as TVXQ's Changmin.

Hanuel's sang with uncertainly, his voice is deep so he really had a hard time to get the high notes, but when The Underdogs asked him to try rapping, everyone just cpuldn't take their eyes off of him. He do it so effortless and perfectly.

“ Tell me I’m crazy, but I think we just found the next TOP here. “ commented Tony again.

Youngho was next. He's the same as Jihoon. His singing and dancing is balanced only when he rapped in English, he did it perfectly with the accent and vocabulary. When Dana asked how he could speak English well, he only answered that he used to live in USA. The compliment made Youngho want perform more, the boys needed to pull him to his seat so the next one could continue.

“ Geez, relax, are you afraid I’m taking the spot light? “ he said while flip his hair to the side and rolling his eyes.

Taewoon spent 5 minutes standing in the middle of the room without do anything and just giving a boring look to the teachers.

“ Well? Are you gonna do something? “ The Underdogs asked him, and it’s like something snapped in him. He started grumbling.

“ You want to know what I’m gonna do?? “ he started, “ I want stop all of this nonsense. I throw away all of my hard work just to do all this ! No one here heard what I wanted. All they said is ‘you don’t have choice’. I have choice! They just don’t want me to leave, so I’m stuck here! Now you ask me what I’m going to do? I want to go back to my normal life! And fck the rest of this! “ Taewoon said all of it so fast that no one could interrupt him and when he stopped, all of them were just silent and watched him take his shaky breath.

“ Okay.. “ The Underdogs, finally finding his words, “ You can sit now, we've seen enough. “ he said to Taewoon.

Taewoon glared at them, but went back to his sit silently after it.

“ Um.. I never heard someone speak that fast. Well except for famous rappers. Should we put him as one of them? “ Tony asked the others and the others only nodded their heads.

The last one is Jaemin. He stood up and almost slipped when his feet hit Han-Gook's legs. Luckyily Hanuel and Jinhwan quickly held him, otherwise he would have collided against Taewoon, who already glared at him. Jaemin started with dancing. It’s an awkward one, but he pulled it off well for the rest of the dance. But when he sang, Dana knew right away that she found a potential superstar. His voice might not easily get too high notes like Han-Gook, but his vocal technics  is so good that he could pull a low note perfectly and his falsetto is flawless.

Dana scribbled something in her notes as she smiled. All of them were pretty impressed and amazed with the boys' talent. She knew SM will love to read the report they will give to him later. Now 2 weeks from debut seems not too impossible again. They only need more hard work, and soon every Korean citizen will know them as idols.

“ Alright guys after lunch time, we will start introducing you to the song and choreography. Some of you will go to the recording room and record your debut single while the others practice the dance. You have an hour and half to eat and rest, but I want you back here again before 2 pm. Go Go Go! “ The Underdogs said to them before he dismissed the class.

---

There were piercing stares and murmurs as soon as they walked inside the SM cafeteria. Almost all of the people there, who were mostly trainees, look at them with hatred and jealousy. Well it’s understandable because while some trainees already practiced years and wait to debut, and then suddenly a bunch of inexperianced boys took their debut chance.

“ I feel like I’m back in high school. “ said Han-Gook, “ I’m not so sure I miss the feeling.. “ he continued after he put 2 cartons of milk on his tray.

“ Can’t blame them, you know? Some of them might have been trainee for 5 or 7 years while we are debuting right away. “ said Jinhwan as they walked to a empty table in the corner of the room.

“ Well actually they're supposed to be jealous of us, because we are more fabulous~ “ Youngho put his tray down and started eating his pasta as he continued, “ I enjoy their hatred. It means I’m awesome. “

The other boys only smiled and smirked at Youngho's trademark. They started to get used to it lately.

“ Hey where’s Jaemin? “ Hanuel suddenly asked and all boys now looked around to find that Jaemin was not with them.

“ I thought he was behind you? “ Jihoon said to Hanuel, but the latter only shook his head. He was about to speak when they heard a commotion and laughing that came from another table. In there, they can see Jaemin on the floor with food all over his shirt.

“ Oh sh*t. “ Han-Gook cursed and quickly got up and walk to help Jaemin with Hanuel and Jinhwan trailing behind him.

“ Hey you okay man? “ Han-Gook and Hanuel helped Jaemin up and cleaned his shirt.

“ Yeah.. I just.. “ Jaemin glanced at bunch of trainees that sat at tables on his right side, but he just shook his head, “ Nevermind. I'll clean myself. “

They were about to leave when someone from the table coughed the word ‘loser’.

Han-Gook and Jihoon,  heard it and were about to walk to the table, but Jinhwan stop them.

“ Let it go. It’s not worth it. “ he said and dragged the boys back to their table.

“ You okay man? “ Taewoon asked Jaemin as soon as he sat with them. He gave him a tissue so he can clean some of stain off of his shirt.

Jaemin grabbed the tissue and nodded as he murmured the word "thanks."

“ For God's sake dude, you were a police! How can you get bullied by a bunch of teens? “ Youngho asked him in disbelieve.

“ I’m not getting bullied okay, I just slipped. “ Jaemin frowned.

Youngho ignored his words and looked around, “ Great now everyone thinks we are nerds. “

“ You can go and join them if you want. “ Hanuel said to him and Youngho only glared at him.

The thick situation finally broke when someone called Jinhwan's name, “ Jin hyung! “

Everyone looked at the source of the voice and suddenly Jinhwan gets huged by someone behind him.

“ Hyung! I heard the news is it true? “ Sehun pulled a chair and took a seat beside his brother.

“ Wow it’s EXO's Sehun.. “ said Han-Gook  while spazzing little bit.

“ Oh hey everyone, I’m Sehun. Jinhwan’s brother. Nice to meet you. “ he bowed and smiled to the rest of the boys.

Jinhwan proudly smiled and ruffled Sehun's hair, “ What are you doing here? Are you alone? “

But before Sehun answered, 3 other EXO boys joined them.

“ Kai! “ Jihoon pulled his brother into a hug and headlocked their heads.

“ Ah hyung! You ruined my hair! “ Kai protested, but Jihoon didn't listen to him and introduced him to the boys.

“ Guys meet my brother, Kai. “

Kai smiled and waved his hand while trying to get away from Jihoon's headlock. 

“ So the rumors are true? “ said a deep voice that stood beside Sehun.

“ Ah I forgot, guys this is Chanyeol hyung, “ he pointed at the guy with a deep voice before pointing at the one who already sat beside Jaemin, “ And that’s Suho hyung. “

“ Annyeonghaseyo~ “ Suho smiled to them.

“ So about the rumor? “ Kai asked again and got a nod from the boys.

“ Cool! It means we can hang out together again hyung! I miss play games with you! “ Sehun said to Jinhwan and only earned a laugh from the latter.

“ So there will be 7 members in the group? “ Chanyeol asked them, “ What are they calling you guys? “

“ The Losers. “ a voice from behind them answered Chanyeol and they all turned their head to the voice only seeing a bunch of the same trainees that had a problem with Jaemin before.

“ Don’t be rude, Johnny. “ Suho suddenly spoke up.

“ I’m sorry, sunbae. I’m not trying to be rude, but you know the rules. We just want to know if they're good enough. “ Johnny answered Suho.

Suho sighed as he knew the drill and couldn't speak anymore.

Johnny seemed pleased and turned back to the rest of the boys. “ Who’s your leader? “

“ I am. “ said Youngho while he stepped up, but got a laugh from  Johnny and his friends.

“ Seriously, who’s the leader? “ he asked once more.

“ What the heck- “ Youngho was about to protest and make Johnny and friends feel his fist, but the rest of guys pulled him away and pushed Taewoon in the middle instead.

“ So you're the leader? “

“ What? Nooo~! “ Taewoon turned to the rest of the boys behind and glared at them, “ NO! “

But the rest of guys only grinned and pushed Taewoon again, so he can be father to the front. Only Youngho was not pleased with the sudden decision.

“ We challenge you to TBR. If you win, we will give you our blessings and leave you guys alone. But if we win.. I want you to go to SM and say you're not ready to debut or better, leave the company. So deal? “ Johnny said to Taewoon.

“ What’s TBR? “ Han-Gook whispered to the rest of the boys, but Suho answered it.

“ TBR stands for Trainee Battle Royal. Well, basically it’s like a dancing and singing battle. It’s a tradition that before you debut, you show to other trainee that you're good enough, so they can give their blessings to you. It’s a group challenge and if you win, they will support your debut, but if you lose, like they said, they want you to leave the company. We EXO did it too before. “ Suho explained.

“ You guys are so weird~ “ Youngho said after he heard the explanation and he folded his arms. “ But I don’t want to lose to these teenaged boys, just saying. “

Silently the rest of the group agreed with him.

“ So what do you say? “ Johnny repeated again. Now the whole cafeteria's attention was on them, “ Deal? “

Taewoon looked around and back to the group. They made eye contact and Taewoon knew what to do. So he grabbed Johnny's hand and said, “ Let’s finish this. Deal! “

 

◜0.7◞zeropoints7ven


a/n : as you can see some of member don't have link to their talent or maybe only have one link to their talent,I purposely do that so you can imagine what position they get on group. please please leave comment after you read, I need to know your thought about the chapter or your character. hope you enjoy this chapter and once again please leave comment, thank you~
p/s : the previous chapter was accidentally deleted orz so I will post it right after this one. sorry if it bit different with last one ^^;