05. Ice Scream

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

brokenwings1232, your request is finished!

Firstly I am so very sorry for the wait, I can't apologise enough for the delay. Secondly, it's on the fluffier side of angst but I tried to stay as true to your requested plot as possible which is why it ended up this way. That aside I really hope you like it :)



 


 

Chaekyung was not the kind of girl to shy away from something, but when it came to Hyungsik there was always something holding her back. Maybe it was the memory of him aged 3 abusing the Crayola box, or even the grumpy face he used to pull while they were still in diapers, whatever it was it was slowly killing her. For months she’d been telling herself that the fact they were best friends was enough… but she knew in her heart it wasn’t true, so while they were walking home from college she abruptly stopped in front of him “Ch-Chae, what are you doing?”

 

“I’m fed up waiting for you to ask, so here goes… will you go on a date with me?”

 

“I-I y-y-you… o-okay.” Blinking in surprise, Chaehyung allowed a smile to cross her lips as she took Hyungsik’s hand. Almost dragging the reluctant Hyungsik behind her, Chaehyung began scanning the shops along the street as if she was looking for something “Chae, where are you taking me?”

 

“Somewhere we can get something as sweet as you.”

 

As a blush quickly spread across Hyungsik’s cheeks, Chaehyung winked playfully as she pushed open a rather boring white wooden door. Stepping inside, Chaehyung walked up to the counter followed by an adorably confused Hyungsik “I-ice cream?”

 

“I did say something as sweet as you, what else could it have been?”

 

“Well, you’re not doing too badly yourself right now Chae.” Smiling an almost flirty smile, Hyungsik bought their cones and followed an uncharacteristically quiet Chaehyung out of the store and along the street to the park. Glancing at her with a now curious gaze, Hyungsik inquired “So, you were fed up waiting, eh?”

 

“Oppa?”

 

“You said you were fed up waiting for me to ask you out.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I never knew you thought of me that way.”

 

“Well I do… I mean how could I not, you’re just amazing.”

 

“Clearly not, if I couldn’t see someone like you fancied me.” Allowing a frown to join her glance, Chaehyung looked up at him confused “Oppa, what do you mean s-someone like me?” with a warm smile that melted her heart, Hyungsik whispered “Someone so perfect… Chae I could only hope you felt that way, so much so I couldn’t see it was true.”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“I like you too Chae.” Dropping what was left of her cone, Chaehyung gasped as she came to a sudden halt “Y-you do?”

 

“How could I not?” letting a rare tint colour her cheeks, a small smile spread across her lips as she whispered “Hyungsik, will you be my boyfriend?”

 

“…No.” staring in disbelief, Chaehyung allowed her temper to get the better of her “NO?! What do you mean no!?”

 

“I don’t want to be your ‘boyfriend’, I want to be your rock, your confidante… your everything.” Pulling her close before she could protest, he placed a hand to support her neck as they met in their first kiss.