29. Dalgi

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

Taemins_LittleNoona, another one bites the dust~

Wow that's 8 requests now! I'm a little surprised it's that many, how are you not fed up with me yet ^^; maybe I should start a loyalty card... well sweetie enjoy~ :)


 

As she wiped down the counter clearing away the last evidence of the coffee spill, a gentle tinkle rang from behind her. Turning to see a tall man with dark hair walk in she smiled “Ahh~ back again Jimin-shi? You must really like coffee.” Laura hummed. Smiling rather awkwardly he mumbled “Yeah… coffee…” as he headed towards the counter he began to fidget “Hey Laura, I know you’ve got a lot going on right now with your niece and all but I was wondering if you would be free this Saturday?”

 

Tilting her head slightly she mumbled “Why do you wanna know if I’m free on Saturday?” not expecting to have to spell it out, the shock threw him a little “B-b-because I wanted to know if you’d go on a date with me.” Clearly not expecting to say it he almost retracted back into the silence filling the room.

 

“What did you have in mind?” she smiled shyly. Admittedly ready to be turned down he blushed “What would you like to do?” thinking for a moment the smile that spread across her cheeks said it all “I was planning to go and pick strawberries, would you like to come with me?” lighting up at the idea Jimin nodded excitedly “Oh that sounds fun! I’d like that very much.”

 

Giggling playfully Laura smiled “I’ll see you on Saturday then, where would you like to meet?” after several seconds he decided “How about just outside at the bench? By then the cherry blossoms should have bloomed and that’d be a nice way to start the day.” As she turned a soft pink it was all she could manage to whisper “That sounds lovely, I’ll see you at 9 then.”

 

The week flew in with the excitement of the weekend looming. As Saturday came around Laura found herself too excited to sleep though not entirely sure why. Walking up to the bench where she was meant to meet with Jimin, she found him already standing waiting for her “Morning~ you’re here early.”

 

Smiling slightly more confident that the last time they’d spoken he relied “No good oppa leaves a beautiful young lady waiting.” Turning a delicate pink, she followed him over to his car to begin the trip to the fields. After about 90 minutes they’d arrived and where nearly 300 metres into the first row when a voice from behind them stopped them dead “Well hello there, what’s a pretty little thing like you doing all the way out here?”

 

Turning to see a slightly shrivelled older man behind them Jimin immediately jumped in “You’re being incredibly rude, don’t speak to her like that again.” Quickly moving along away from the creepy chuckle they began picking fruit. After about 30 minutes Jimin noticed that there was almost nothing in Laura’s basket. Stopping to watch her, he couldn’t help smile as nearly every berry went straight into . “Aww, how do you make that so adorable?” turning round a little surprised, with a mouthful she couldn’t say a word.

 

Wiping the corner of with his thumb, she flushed a rose pink as a familiar voice reappeared “Well now this is a sticky situation…” quickly taking Laura away from him again he began muttering to himself about how creepy the guy was and how he shouldn’t have been allowed in.

 

Stopping once they were far enough away, Laura leaned against a nearby tree “Ugh, I don’t feel so good…” suddenly being pulled awy from his rambling Jimin looked genuinely concerned “Are you okay? Do you want to go home?” nodding slightly she tried to surpress the nasea added to the berry buzz by the old man who had began following them again.

 

Helping her to the car as quickly as he could, Jimin did his best to get her home before the nasea started winning. After making sure Laura had gotten back to her apartment safely, he brought her inside and after sitting her on the sofa with a blanket went to make her a hot water bottle. Once it was made Jimin sat down next to her and handed it to her with a warm smile.

 

“Thank you oppa, I’m sorry I ruined our date.” Laura mumbled rather embarrassed. Placing a kiss on her cheek he smiled “All I wanted to do was spend time with you, you didn’t ruin it you… just gave me an excuse to get you away from that y old dude.” Resting her head on his shoulder she asked “So you don’t hate me?” as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders he whispered “I could never hate my cute little dalgi.”