03. A Gateway To Love

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

JontheBlock, your request is done! :)

I hope you enjoy it ❤



 

“Minwoo oppa!”

Jumping as he was abruptly pulled away from his thoughts, TK smiled as he returned his attention to the caller.

“Yes?”

“Please don’t do that again, you scared me.”

“I’m sorry, I-I didn’t realize I’d spaced out.”

“...Since we’re on the subject, what were you thinking about?”

“Oh just something from when we were little, it’s nothing important.”

This was a lie, he had been listening to her talk about her college course and had gotten lost in her smile. Usually managing to not get caught when this happened, TK tried to smile his way out of it as she politely left to head back to her afternoon classes. Heading back to the dorm, he walked in to find Ray and Maru curled up on the couch watching a film together. Quietly slipping past them, he headed into the kitchen where Kangjun was making lunch.

“Hey hyung.”

“Oh hey TK, what are you doing back so early?”

“Jaekyung had to go back to college.”

“Did you tell her?”

“No, the right time never came up.”

“...Do you want some ddeokbokki?”

“Yes please.”

Handing TK a bowl with a comforting smile, Kangjun turned to look for some chopsticks as he asked.

“So what course is she doing?”

“Photography... she always did want to be a photographer.”

“Well at least she’s doing something she enjoys.”

“Did I miss anything while I was out?”

“Well... Ray and Maru took over the sofa, I think it’s a date but I didn’t hang about to ask.”

“Implying you would have to waited to ask?”

“Yeah, but who know’s how long it would take before one of them needed to breathe again.”

“Oh so they were kissing, couldn’t you have just said that?”

“I thought it was implied. Oh and our manager called, says he wants to talk to you tomorrow.”

“Is something wrong?”

“I don’t know, he didn’t say... it’s probably nothing, they wouldn’t give you bad news right before a recording right?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. What show is it again?”

“Um... something on MBC?”

“I suppose we’ll find out tomorrow.”

“Hey if you’re not busy, do you want to watch a movie with me?”

“Sure. You pick the movie, I’ll grab the snacks.”

Heading into Kangjun’s room with armfuls of treats, TK happily curled up next to him on his bed setting the stuff down in-front of them.

“Well if I’d known you wanted to be this close I’d have picked a horror film.”

“I’m sorry hyung, I-I just... nevermind.”

“No come on, tell me.”

“I just wondered what it was like... to have what Ray and Maru have.”

“And what do they have?”

“Someone to care for... someone to hold tight and share life with.”

“Well, I can fix one of the three right now. Come here.”

Looking confused but leaning in anyway, TK smiled as Kangjun pulled him in close and held him tightly as he pressed play. Waking up the following morning to find himself still wrapped in Kangjun’s arms, TK smiled as he tapped on his shoulder.

“Hyung? Hyung it’s morning, time to get up.”

Burrowing his head into the pillow Kangjun groaned and mumbled as he tightened his grip on TK’s ribs.

“Mmm come on, five more minutes...”

“Come on hyung, we need to get ready for the recording.”

Looking down at the younger, a slight blush coloured his cheeks as he released his hold on TK. Smiling oblivious to the blush tinting the elders cheeks, TK happily jumped off the bed and headed out into the kitchen. Stopping as he headed past the sofa, he noticed their manager sitting almost glaring at him.

“H-hello hyung.”

“TK... we need to talk.”

“Is everything okay?”

“I have some bad news... but before I say anything you need to know I have nothing to do with this decision.”

“What decision?”

“The company said that if you don’t stop missing recordings and photo-shoots then you won’t have a place in the band anymore.”

“N-no please... Cube dropped me please don’t let Yedang?!”

“Believe me if it was up to me then you wouldn’t be dropped but you’ve missed so much these last three months with no explanation, it’s a tough decision but they had to make it TK.”

“O-okay, so as long as I don’t miss anything else I’m fine, they won’t drop me?”

“Essentially, yes.”

“...What time is the recording today?”

“It’s at 11, don’t tell me you have something planned?”

“No, it was to make sure I didn’t plan anything that could make me miss it.”

“Good, I’ll leave you to have your breakfast. See you later.”

Heading into the kitchen, TK grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge before sliding down it to sit on the floor. Pulling his feet in as he heard someone coming towards him, TK sat staring at his bottle expecting them to walk past him. Jumping as an arm rested on his shoulder, he turned to see Kangjun sitting next to him. With a gentle sigh he rested his head on Kangjun’s shoulder as a single tear broke free and glided down his cheek.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“About what?”

“What’s got you down.”

“Manager hyung said that if I miss anything else the company are going to drop me from the band.”

“W-what? They can’t do that, they can’t drop our best looking member!”

“Don’t let Ray hear you say that... Do you really think that hyung?”

“I do, but please don’t tell Ray I said that.”

“Keke okay hyung, it’ll be our little secret.”

Before Kangjun had a chance to say anything else, TK’s phone rang. Watching as the look of concern grew on the youngers face, Kangjun sat quietly hugging him in a supportive manner waiting to find out what was going on.

“Is everything okay?”

“N-no... Jaekyung is moving.”

“Moving where?”

“To Paris, her plane leaves in an hour.”

“...Come on, get dressed.”

“What?”

“You’re going to the airport and you’re going to tell her how you feel before it’s too late.”

“But the recording?”

“I’ll cover for you, don’t worry I promise we won’t let them drop you.”

“I...”

“Just go and get dressed!”

Stumbling out of the kitchen, TK turned back to look at Kangjun as he headed into his room and couldn’t help notice a sad look in the elders eyes. Quickly getting changed TK bounced out of his room trying to pull his shoes on without falling over. Hopping back over to the kitchen he was met by Kangjun and a bowl.

“What’s that?”

“Breakfast silly, we wouldn’t want your tummy rumbling and ruining the moment would we?”

“I guess not, t-thank you for help me hyung.”

“Anytime, now you might want to hurry up if you want to catch her.”

Practically inhaling the food Kangjun had kindly made for him, he grabbed his car keys and ran out the door. Trying to keep on top of his nerves as he drove towards the airport, TK tried to plan what he was going to say to Jaekyung. Arriving at the airport, he ran through the car park and right through the airport to the gate where Jaekyung’s flight was leaving from.

“Minwoo oppa? What are you doing here?”

“There’s something I need to tell you, and I wanted to tell you in person.”

“Okay, what did you want to say?”

“I-I love you Jaekyung, I should have told you sooner but I was scared you wouldn’t feel the same way a-and now... I guess I’m too late but I have to know if you feel the same.”

“I’m sorry oppa but I-I don’t. You’re my best friend and you mean a great deal to me but not like that.”

Before TK could process what she had said a call to board the flight was broadcast. Blushing softly as she hugged him goodbye, a kiss on the cheek brought tears to his eyes as she turned to board her flight. Waiting until Jaekyung had walked through the gate, TK slowly turned to head back to his car but stopped in his tracks when he saw Kangjun standing shyly behind him.

“Hyung... what are you doing here?”

“I-I haven’t been entirely honest with you.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s not Jaekyung you’ve been texting... it was me.”

“I don’t understand.”

Stepping closer Kangjun turned a baby pink as he struggled to meet TK’s gaze.

“I love you Minwoo, I have for over a year now. I know I should have just told you but I didn’t want things to be weird between us, then you started to fall for Jaekyung... I thought that maybe, if I changed her number for my old one y-you might begin to feel the same way.”

“Wait so... it’s you I’ve been texting?”

“Yes.”

“Then... it’s not Jaekyung I fell in love with, i-it’s you.”

Watching as Kangjun’s eyes lit up, TK smiled as he reached out to take his hand.

“I know it’s not the relationship you were hoping for but, Minwoo, will you be my boyfriend?”

“Of course I will!”

Suddenly grateful that they were alone in the gate, Kangjun gently brought his hand to the youngers neck as he leaned in and stole their first kiss.