26. Nightmare

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

Taemins_LittleNoona, here is the first of your requests. I did my best to try and make it different from the Jonghyun story and having to re-write it due to loosing the files may not have aided that but I hope you like it all the same :) also I couldn't resist switching the ships up a little, sorry ^^;


 

It happened again, her breathing became laboured causing everyone in the room to sit on edge. Wanting to help but not wishing to risk another scolding they sat unmoving until Taemin broke the silence “Yeppuna… maybe you should go and see a doctor?”

“Oh would you stop, I’m fine oppa.” Laura sighed. Suddenly deciding to leave she picked up her jacket and left the dorm leaving a rather awkward silence behind. After sitting in the awkwardness for fifteen minutes they collectively decided to go bed without uttering a word.

Being rudely awoken by his phone buzzing on his bedside table several hours later Taemin groaned as he answered it “Hello?”

“Good morning Mr. Lee, I was just calling as I found it weird Laura came in herself today. Is something the matter that you couldn’t join her?” a concerned voice asked. Immediately sitting bolt upright nearly knocking Key to the floor he replied “What do you mean by herself, she never told me she had an appointment today. How long has she known?”

Clearing their throat understanding they’ve put their foot in it, they continued unable to backtrack now “She’s known about the surgery for 2 months, I’m surprised she didn’t tell you though you always come to her check-ups. Instantly paling he felt ill as the words fell out of his mouth “S-surgery? She’s undergoing surgery?”

Before the person on the other end could reply an emergency alarm went off and the line went dead. As the phone slipped from his hand the door swung open “Goood morning gu… Taemin what’s wrong?”

Only managing to breathe “Onew hyung…” before his vision fell black, Key and Onew rushed to his side as he fainted. As he opened his eyes Jonghyun breathed a sigh of relief “Geez Taemin, you scared us there. What happened?” Giving Jonghyun a swift nudge Onew muttered “Give the poor baby a chance Jonggie, if you fainted would you be wanting to answer questions the second you came too?”

“I-I fainted?” Taemin mumbled still feeling lightheaded. Welcoming the hug from Minho he’d almost forgotten what was going on until he heard his phone fall to the floor. As he attempted to sit up he gasped “How long was I… what time is it?” giving him some support Key whispered “You were out for about five minutes Minnie... do you remember what the phone call was about?”

Looking up rather confused Onew asked “What phone call?” trying to answer but looking like he was about to cry Key explained for him “He got a phone call from what I gathered was the hospital about Laura… but I don’t know what was said, I missed what happened between clearing up why he wasn’t there and him just pale then fainting.”

Finally managing to form words again Taemin asked “Onew hyung, are we supposed to be doing anything today?” nodding slightly he replied “Comeback photobook shoot, why? What’s happened?” as he tried not to tear up again he mumbled “Laura’s in the hospital, she’s currently in surgery.” As the room fell into stunned silence Minho was the first one to speak up “How long does it take to get to the hospital?”

“It takes two and a half hours to get there.” He whispered. After about 5 minutes of silence Onew stood up and announced “All of you, dressed, now.” Almost jumping up to hug him Taemin whispered so only Onew could hear “Thank you.”

Pulling on clothes and nearly falling over everything in the process, the quickly made their way to the front door. As Onew tried not to laugh at Minho’s rather spectacular bedhead hairdo, he grabbed his car keys and threw their coats at them whether they had finished tying their shoes or not.

While they all piled into the car, Taemin found himself squished in the back seat between Jonghyun and Minho’s elbows “Onew hyung, how come Key always gets to sit in the front?” he pouted. Immediately jumping in before Onew could answer Minho giggled “Because mummy and daddy love each other and want to be close to each other.” Glaring at him in the rear view mirror Onew muttered “Because we trust you and Jonghyun not to hit Minho because we certainly would.”

Trying not to smile as he watched Minho panic and fall quiet, it quickly turned into trying not to yawn as he realized just how early it was. Within about 10 minutes Taemin was fast asleep on Jonghyun shoulder rather enjoying the hug from the elder. Finally catching the image in the mirror Onew sighed “Jonghyun…” trying not to squirm he nodded “I know, just let me have this one… please.”

Once they’d arrived at the hospital Taemin nearly Jumped over Minho to get out of the car. Running ahead of them into the building, he found out she was already in recovery and immediately began heading towards that ward. As he entered her room to find her awake Taemin ran over to her and hugged her sobbing “Oh thank god you’re alright! I was so worried about you.”

“Oppa, w-what are you doing here? You’re supposed to be at a photoshoot!” she mumbled rather confused. Falling into the nearby chair he explained “Your doctor phoned and asked why I hadn’t come with you, when he told me why you were here I had to come.” Turning a gentle pink, she smiled “Oppa I didn’t want to worry you, I knew you were busy today that’s why I didn’t tell you what was going on. You’ve done so much for me, I felt I had to allow you some normality back.”

Not knowing what to say he just smiled in response. Seconds later Jonghyun, Key and Minho walked into the room “Hey, how are you feeling?” Key asked. Happy to see everyone had come she hummed “A little delicate but pretty good thanks.” Pausing for a moment Taemin mumbled “Where’d Onew go?”

Exchanging a look, they seemed reluctant to say before Jonghyun caved “He’s on the phone, big boss man’s not happy we all bailed on the shoot.” Immediately paling Taemin began panicking he’d gotten everyone in really deep trouble.

“What have I told you about scaring him Jonggie? He’s had a rough enough morning as it is, don’t you think?” Onew scolded as he entered the room. As he was about to start apologizing Onew cut him off “It’s alright nothing bad has happened. The shoots been pushed back till tomorrow and…” taking a deep breath he sighed “thankfully no-one is getting fired today, so long as it doesn’t happen again.” And to finish off he turn to face the other three members and clarified “That goes for all of us.”