17. Shocking Conclusions

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

Taemins_LittleNoona, another request down!

I managed to get this finished while I was waiting on the total lunar eclipse so the red moon is the reason this is up earlier than I expected :) you must be fed up reading my stuff by now so I'll just post the story and hope you enjoy! ^^


 

 

“Laura!” Taemin squealed happily as he ran towards her. Hugging him tightly Laura hummed “Oppa, you didn’t have to meet me here!”

“I haven’t seen you in eight months, of course I did!” he replied as he placed a kiss on her cheek. Taking her hand with a warm smile they headed out of the airport. Chatting happily as they drove back to the dorm, Laura couldn’t help giggling as they entered to find Key screaming as Onew tried to comfort him while Jonghyun and Minho rolled around the floor clutching their aching ribs.

Not entirely sure what had happened seeing no evidence of anything outside of the high pitched scream filling the room, Taemin groaned “Umma, please stop screaming! You’re going to hurt yourself!”

As all four members stopped and stared at the doorway shocked, Onew placed a kiss on the now quiet Key’s cheek before greeting them “It’s good to see you again Laura… sorry about the welcome.”

Smiling shy as both Key and Onew glared at Jonghyun and Minho who were still trying to refrain from laughing again, Laura tried to lighten the mood “Thank you for letting me stay with you guys, I really appreciate it.”

Pinching Taemin’s cheek much to his disgust Onew cooed “Well how could we say no to such a cute little thing?” with a rather adorable pout Taemin batted his hand away and whined “Appa!” trying very hard not to agree, Laura smiled and subtly slipped her hand into his back pocket “Oppa, you are cute! It’s not a bad thing though.”

Grrrr.

Looking around the room confused by the noise, a very panicked Jonghyun rambled almost too quickly to understand “Right I have to go to my recording I’ll see you all tomorrow bye!” ducking out the way as he practically ran out of the dorm, Taemin began to look equally panicked “so… we’re going to get the spare bed ready, we’ll let you get on with sorting out whatever was happening earlier.”

Swiftly heading into his room as a now rather scared Minho realised he was all alone with Onew and Key to face the consequences for himself and Jonghyun since he’d left, Taemin couldn’t help feeling guilty as they could hear him being yelled at even with the door closed. Producing fresh bedding as an almighty crack rang through the dorm, a sudden flash caused Laura to grab Taemin with a high pitched squeal.

After the shock of the noise had past, Taemin gave her a reassuring hug and whispered “It’s okay, it’s just a little storm. We’ll close the curtains and put a movie on and it’ll be over soon.” Letting her sit on his bed as he put Aladdin on, he closed the curtains and quietly made her bed while she tried to drown out the crashes and flashes from outside. Still jumping occasionally from the flashes of light outside, she couldn’t help turning pink as Taemin slid up beside her and in a low voice sang “I can show you the world…”

Once the film had finished, Laura stood up to stretch her legs but as soon as she had there was a sudden flash and everything fell dark “Laura! Are you alright?” eyes still adjusting to the darkness, a tone of panic crept into her reply “Yeah… I’m fine.” Finding comfort as he found her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, she awkwardly sighed “I wish I’d paid more attention to the dorm layout earlier.”

“Why?” Taemin mumbled. Jumping as another flash momentarily flooded the floor with dull light, she squeezed his hand and whispered “Because I have no idea where your bathroom is.” Suddenly realising what she meant, he replied “It’s along the corridor to the right. The door will be straight ahead of you.” Pausing as she jumped again as another bolt cracked through the skies outside he continued “Will you be okay by yourself?”

“Yeah… I’ll be fine.” She said almost convincing herself. Letting go of his hand and gingerly heading towards the door, Laura was grateful the storm began to fall silent as she closed the bedroom door behind her. Using the wall to help her long the dark corridor, it slowly dawned on her the power wasn’t going to come on anytime soon. As panic set in over having to use an unfamiliar bathroom while being unable to see anything in it a wave of relief swept over her as she opened the door to see moonlight pouring in the window.

After carefully placing the towel back on the rail, Laura began heading back along the corridor still trying to navigate in the dark. Finding a door handle after several minutes of searching, she opened the door and was greeted by a shape lying in the bed before her. Chuckling softly she slid under the duvet, she placed a kiss on his cheek and whispered “Taemin oppa, it’s too early to sleep…”

Slipping her hand around his waist, a low moan begged her to continue. As her hand slid down, her nails dipped under the elastic of his boxers but stopped immediately sensing something was wrong. Trying to turn him round but getting nowhere since he was dramatically stronger than her, she tried to pull her hand away but he grabbed onto her wrist pushing it further down in the process.

Jumping at the door swung open, the shape in the doorway sent a chill through her. Desperately fighting to free herself from the grip of whoever it was, tear began cascading down her cheeks as her skin burned at the resistance of their hand to let hers go. Eventually falling to the floor sobbing, she backed away as quickly as she could “You answered to Taemin, you knew I couldn’t see and led me on… you… m-my hand…”

Pushing past Taemin and running straight out the dorm not even stopping to put her shoes on, Taemin went to follow her but hearing Minho approach turned to him with eyes like daggers and muttered “I expected more from you Minho, you’re no hyung to me… I won’t let you hurt her again.” Running out the dorm after her leaping floors in an attempt to catch up, he threw the building door open and almost couldn’t process what was about to happen. Seeing her stumble out onto the road and a car speeding towards her, he ran out and swept her off her feet right out the path of the car. Walking back to the pavement cradling her in his arms, he held her close and whispered “Laura, darling are you alright?”

Shaking uncontrollably she tried to reply but only managed a soft sob. As he took her inside and sat her on the stairs, he crouched down in front of her and whispered “Please don’t run off like that again, I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to you.” Still unable to form proper words she nodded slightly wiping the tears of her cheeks. Finally seeing the marks on her wrist, Taemin took her hand to get a closer look “Did… did Minho do this to you? I-I’m so sorry I didn’t realise or I’d have helped.”

“It’s okay oppa, you didn’t know.” She smiled, hoping it would make him feel better. Nearly in tears himself he vowed “I promise you I won’t let him or anyone else hurt you again, I’ll always be by your side keeping you safe and making sure you’re happy. I promise as long as you’re with me I’ll do everything I can to make sure you never feel this upset or hurt again.”