10. Sing

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

clunad2010 your request is done!

This is a little on the short side but I felt the longer I tried to make it the more the story suffered so it's short and sweet. I really hope you enjoy it!


 

Luna was a quiet girl. All her life she’s been dreaming about finding the perfect guy and how wonderful the relationship would be but was always too shy to talk to people and any guy that approached her always ended up taking advantage of her naïve and trusting nature and ended up seriously hurting her. After high school, Luna decided that she didn’t want to be the shy girl in the corner anymore and decided to take steps to build her confidence.

A few months later as she was leaving her book club, Luna was stopped by two of the other girls stopped her “Hey Luna! We’re going out for drinks. Would you like to join us?”

“I appreciate the offer, but I think I’m just going to go home.” Luna smiled. Clearly not happy with this answer the girls continued “It’ll be fun! There’s a singing competition on tonight, I’m sure it’ll be a really good night!” pausing for a moment, Luna nodded “Okay, maybe one drink.”

Sitting rather quietly in the corner as the other girls chatted, Luna began to realise she could pretend all she wanted but there would always be a part of her that felt shy and nervous in groups. As she sat nursing her drink, a young man stepped up to the microphone. Locking eyes with a small smile, something about him seemed different than the previous singers. Once his song was finished, Luna slipped out of her seat and made her way over to the table where he was sitting alone.

“May I join you?” she smiled, gesturing the empty seat across from him. Taking the slight nod from him as a yes, Luna slid into the chair “Your performance was beautiful, ballads suit your voice perfectly.” Seeing a pink tint colour his checks, she almost missed his whisper “Thank you.”

“My name is Luna, what’s yours?” beginning to notice that he couldn’t actually look her in the eye, she started to feel concerned when she recognised the actions “M-my name is Yesung.” Leaning back in her chair Luna immediately tried to hide the blush spreading across her checks.  Obviously being quick to react and forgetting about subtlety, she saw the look Yesung was giving her and mentally kicked herself before explaining “I-I’m sorry, I’m just not used to making other people shy or nervous.”

Watching him turn the exact same colour, she began to feel bad for calling him out “…I didn’t mean to embarrass you. I know it sounds weird but I really like you, and it’s rather new to me to have someone acting like that because of me.” As she thought that sentence through she realised it sounds even crazier out loud than it had in her head and almost considered leaving when she saw him smile.

Luna… Luna!

Turning to face the person calling her, she smiled as she slowly came back to reality “You scared me there, I didn’t think you were going to leave that daydream.” Glancing up at a nearby clock and seeing how long she’d been lost to her thoughts, Luna turned a soft pink as she mumbled “I’m sorry oppa, I didn’t mean to make you worry.”

“What were you thinking about so much that you couldn’t hear me anyway?” he asked trying not to sound too intrigued. With a shy smile, she reached for his hand “I was thinking of the night we met, right at this very table… you were so cute and I was rather stupid… but I was lucky because you saw past that.” Chuckling softy, Yesung planted a kiss on her cheek “You know this means you have set a standard. You have to be this romantic every year on our wedding anniversary.” Playfully elbowing him, Luna pouted “I’d like to think I was every day oppa.” With a playful wink, Yesung stood up and just like the night they met sang the song that led to them meeting and dedicated it to Luna.