37. Stylish Endeavours

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

reginadwjj, here is your request

I'll be honest I know nothing of Monsta X so this was rather difficult but hopefully all my information was correct. But I wanted to keep it short so it didn't like drag on pointlessly so I hope you don't mind. Anyway please enjoy it ^_^


 

“He’s too good for you, I can’t believe he’s not dumped you yet. I mean really, what could you possibly have to offer him that would keep you around this long that someone who deserves him couldn’t give?”

Gina stood completely silent. As the harsh words sank in and took their hold she walked away tears welling in her eyes. It was not the first time Dawn had made comments on their relationship, but it was the first time she’d made it so clear she was not welcome any more.

Putting on her best smile as she went to meet Shownu, Gina knew she had to act like nothing was wrong. Greeting her with a warm smile he hummed “Gina sweetie, where have you been? I was starting to think you weren’t coming.” Doing her best to maintain her smile Gina shrugged “I just went to grab a drink, I would never miss your first comeback stage.”

As he gave her a hug, Shownu place a gentle kiss on her forehead “Regardless, I’m glad you came. I can’t imagine performing without you here now.”

“Oh Hyunwoo, you don’t need me here to perform well. You’re an amazing artist in a wonderful group… all I do here is take up space.” Gina mumbled starting believe the harsh comments of the stylist. The whole room fell quiet, Wonho was the first to speak up “Gina, why would you say that? We all love having you here, you can’t think like that.”

Grateful that someone had managed to find words while he couldn’t Shonwu gave Wonho a grateful smile as he tried to back him up “Whatever you think about this we couldn’t do this without you. Please don’t put yourself down, you’re so much more than you can see. I just wish I could show you just how incredible you are.”

As they were called to head to the stage, they left quietly so as not to disrupt GOT7’s stage that was currently happening. Heading over to the screen to watch the performance, Gina couldn’t help smiling as they showed off their new song. The song ended to a mass of cheers and applause, but she was unable to enjoy their success as voice from behind her destroyed the moment “Oh… you’re still here?”

Knowing full well who the voice belonged to, Gina sighed “I could ask you the same.” Clearly determined to get rid of her she spat “I thought I’d made it clear, you’re not good enough for him. He deserves an attractive girl with a sense of style, not to mention someone who won’t lie to him.” Not wanting to show how much the comments hurt Gina retorted “I have never lied to him, I never told him all the comments you made to me in the last few months but I never lied.”

“Oh but you did, you told him you were fine. You told him nothing was wrong and worst of all you lied to him about how you felt about him.” Unable to reply as she couldn’t believe she’d actually think that, a voice from outside interrupted them “How dare you speak to her like that?!”

Looking up to see Shownu storm in looking furious, Gina shrunk back not sure what was happening. Clearly going after the stylist she almost didn’t believe it was happening as he pressed “Did you really think that would work? Did you seriously think you were so much better that you could guilt her into leaving and you would just slide into her place?”

Finally staying quiet as he yelled, she couldn’t give an answer causing him to yell more “How dare you! You have no right to meddle in other people’s relationships, let alone bully people. You don’t get to choose who I see, and you certainly don’t get to choose who I fall in love with.”

The whole room feel silent not expecting him to have said that. Heart now pounded in her chest, Gina turned a deep pink as what he said sank in. As the pause in rant lengthened, it was clear Dawn’s arrogance was returning…. But Shownu wasn’t having that “You’re fired, collect your things and get out.”

Watching as she left clearly not getting the outcome she wanted, Gina whispered “Hyunwoo… did you really mean that?” as he pulled her into a tight hug it was clear he’d heard the whole conversation “I am so sorry I never realised sooner. You should never have had to hear those lies, you are the most wonderful human being and to have put up with so much and you deserved none of it. I will do everything in my power to make this up to you, I will not rest until I have made this right. I am so sorry darling, please forgive me.”

“There’s nothing to forgive oppa.” Placing a kiss on his cheek, she knew it would not ease his guilt but made the point of trying anyway. Happy to have all the drama set behind them, they hoped that the coming weeks would offer a new start for the relationship.