Lee Byunghyun's Turn

P. I Unit (Paranormal Investigation Unit)

"I'm coming too" Luhan about to stand but Jieun pushed his shoulder back to sit. "You shouldn’t follow. Your leg isn't well, isn't it?" she asked. "But"

 

"She is right. Just stay here. I'll wait here with you" Hye Kyo smiled. Luhan was silent for a while and replied. "Okay"

 

"Let's go" Himchan smiled at Hye Kyo and nodded Jieun to the door.

 

Yoona, Himchan and Jieun walked out of the house and into the forest.

 

"L. Joe!" they called his name.

 

"Oh!" L. Joe sat up on a branch of a shady tree. He rubbed the back of his neck. 'What a scary dream' his forehead was sweating. He got a nightmare. He looked around and got off the branch.

 

'L. Joe~' a voice called his name. L. Joe searched for the direction of the voice. 'L. Joe' it called again. He looked around and his heart beat fasten. His lips began to tremble in fear. His thought brought to his nightmare he just had. The nightmare where unknown source of voices called him and hundreds of bloody wrists tried to grab him.

 

'L. Joe~' the voice echoed in his head. L. Joe held onto his hurt head. "Who is it? Show yourself!" he shouted and shut his eyes but the voice still echoed. "Yah! Stop it!" he snarled again and his leg gave up causing him to propped on the grassy ground.

 

"Stop calling me!" he yelled. Like in his dream, hundreds of cut bloody wrist crawled toward him. "Get away!" he moved backward, still on the ground. The wrists still crawled toward him. 'Come here L. Joe' the voiced echoed fiercer. "Stop it!" Some of the wrists grabbed his legs and he kicked it. 'You're not getting away!' More wrists grabbed his body and he was unable to move. A black mass blocked the sunlight in front of him. The mass leaned in.

 

"No!" L. Joe shouted before he fainted.

 

 

 

"L. Joe!" Jieun called his name and tripped over something. "Ouch!" she complained and looked at the source that made her fell. "L. Joe!" she called L. Joe name as she realized she tripped over his leg. "Himchan-ssi, Yoona-sshi! I found him!" Jieun called them. She tried to shake his body.

 

"L. Joe, what happen?!" Yoona caressed his hair. L. Joe still unconscious. "Hurry. Let's bring him to Hye Kyo's house fast. Let me carry him" Himchan told the girls and carried L. Joe small body on his back.

 

"Poor him. He's sweating so much" Yoona said as they walked to the house.

 

"We found him" Jieun entered the house. "Oh, thank goodness. Hurry, bring him upstairs" Hye Kyo stood from a chair in the living room. Amber beside her also stood.

 

 

They went to the boys’ room and Himchan laid L. Joe on his bed.

 

"You found him?" Luhan who came to the room late asked from the door frame. He knelt beside L. Joe's bed. "Is he going to be okay?"

 

"He will. We'll just have to wait for him to get up" Jieun advised and left the room. All of them left Luhan alone with L. Joe.

 

"I'm so dumb! If I didn't scold you, you couldn't have gone into the forest alone. This is all because of me. I'm so irresponsible" Luhan talked to L. Joe although L. Joe didn't hear.

 

"You what?" Jieun asked Amber again. All of them were in the study room except Hye Kyo. The two were sitting on the carpet. "I'm serious" Amber had told Jieun about his dream. "What does your dream mean? And what's weirder is how can you get there?" Amber just shrugged.

 

"You two" Yoona stood in front of them. She was bitting his lips and looked anxiously around. "What is it, Yoona-ssi?" Jieun asked. "Actually, I have something to tell you" she sat on the carpet in front of them. "I saw something scary before I faint this morning"

 

"Scary?" Yoona nodded and looked around again. "I saw my reflection in the mirror and it looks so ugly like ghost" she lowered her voice. "You are ugly" Amber voice under her breath and Yoona couldn't hear her. Jieun elbowed Amber while listening to Yoona.

 

"That's what I always see. All this time we're in this house, when you look into the mirror, I saw your reflection is an ugly scary corpse" Jieun whispered back. "It's relieve that I'm not crazy" Yoona sighed in relieve. "But I didn't see it. Why is it?" Amber asked and the two shrugged.

 

"You two think this house has 'something'?" Yoona and Jieun exchanged glances at Amber's question. "Don't say like that. Hye Kyo is kind enough to let us stay here. And now you're saying that this house is haunted?" Yoona replied. "I was just saying"

 

"Do you want to discover more around this house?" Hye Kyo walked into the room. Himchan looked at others and nodded to her. "I guess that's a good idea. We didn't have anything to do now" he stood. He beckoned Luhan and the girls to follow too.

 

Hye Kyo led them to the third floor that they only went last night because of Amber. They entered the wide balcony.

 

"Wow! This place is huge!" Luhan eyes rounded with his lips curled into a smile. Everyone was smiling except Amber. The dream haunted her mind back. Her eyes scanned every inch of the balcony anxiously.

 

"It's so fresh here!" Jieun spreaded her arm and faced the end of the balcony. Green forest surrounded the house. "It is" Luhan stood beside her.

 

"This place is nice. I couldn't see it clearly last night" Himchan said to Hye Kyo. "I rarely come here but I do love the scenery here. And the hill beside this house. This place is too perfect for me" her eyes sadden. "What's wrong?" "I just remembered about my mother who designed this house" "Oh. Where is she?" "She's gone" The scene from years ago entered her mind. It was an unforgettable memory. "Oh. I'm sorry" "No. It's okay"

 

'Noona' a 'boy' pulled Amber's shirt. She gulped and turned to face the 'boy'. The 'boy' put his finger on his lips asking her to silent. 'Dongjin. How can I see you?' she thought. 'I don't know'

 

"Amber" Jieun approached to Amber but her eyes glued on Dongjin translucent figure. "Who is this?" "You can see him, Jieun?" Jieun nodded and looked at others who seems to not able to see Dongjin. The girls’ eyes showed shock and fear.

 

'Listen here. Go away from here. Hye Kyo-' suddenly Dongjin disappeared into thin air. "What's the matter?" Hye Kyo voice pulled the girls to reality. "No-nothing" Amber remembered back her dream that brought her to the balcony. 'She killed them!'

 

 

" off!!" L. Joe sat up. He was sweating and panting badly. "L. Joe, what's wrong?" Luhan tried to calm him. "Go away!" he tried to push Luhan away with his eyes shut. "L. Joe! It's me Luhan!" Luhan held onto his shoulder. Slowly, L. Joe opened his eyes and realized Luhan was in front of him. "Calm down, L. Joe" Luhan pushed him to lie on the bed again. L. Joe was still panting and held onto his hurt head. Luhan took a handkerchief on the dresser and wiped his sweat.

 

"I'm sorry, L. Joe. If I didn't scold you, you would be like this" Luhan looked at him but L. Joe's head was really aching that he has no power to mad at Luhan. Sets of footsteos came running through the hallway and into the room.

 

"L. Joe, you're up already" Himchan spoke. "Why did you shout? All of us are worry" he sat near L. Joe's leg.

 

"Nothing. I just shocked" L. Joe answered slowly. "Is your head hurt? Let me massage it for you?" Yoona held out her hand. "No!" L. Joe gave her a death glare. "Relax, L. Joe. She just wants to help" Himchan replied.

 

Like it or not, L. Joe just stayed still and let Yoona massage his head.

 

"Now what?" Amber broke the silence. "What do you mean?" Jieun asked back. Amber eyes went to Himchan. "We can't go back to the camp right?" "I guess not" he replied.

 

 

That night in the girls' room, Jieun was doing the maze book while Yoona sat on her own bed doing nothing. Amber came out from the bathroom.

 

"Isn't it weird you not looking at the mirror, Yoona-ssi?" Amber teased. Yoona gave her a good glare. "Do you want me to faint again?" she rolled her eyes. Amber smirked, ignored her and sat on her bed.

 

"Jieun, about Dongjin" Amber started her conversation with Jieun. "What's with him?" Jieun closed the maze book and set it aside. "Remember what he told us earlier"

 

"Yah, don't ignore me" Yoona simply sat beside Amber. "Okay but don't be scare if you hear us" she replied. "Sure" Yoona nodded.

 

"Well, this morning, when Hye Kyo led us to the balcony, Jieun and I saw a ghost" Amber played her eyebrows. Yoona gulped. "Now you scared?"

 

"No. Go on" Yoona bit her lips, trying to control her fear. "It's not actually ghost. I think. We saw this boy named Dongjin told us to get out from here. He said Hye Kyo's name but unable to continue his words" Jieun explained. "He's the one that I saw in my dream" Amber voiced. "Dongjin sounds as if he wants to warn us"

 

"Warn about what? You want to tell me now that Hye Kyo is bad?" Yoona asked. "I'm not saying that. Just maybe Dongjin really mean what he said. In my dream too. I saw Hye Kyo was really angry and she killed the children in this house" Yoona silent, trying to interpret the data. "Well, you saw 'that thing' yourself. Can't you believe it?"

 

"Well..." "Something in this house really tries to tell us something"