The Dragon's Lair

P. I Unit (Paranormal Investigation Unit)

"Forgive him, Yoona-ssi. He's sometimes like that when he's tired" Luhan said. Yoona nodded. "I didn’t take his words to the heart" She tried to smile and walked out the door.

 

 

"Let's go" Luhan called Amber and Jieun before when out the door. Amber followed him. Jieun looked at the balcony with smile, trying to capture the scenery and keep it in her memory.

 

'I'm going to miss this place' she closed the door behind her and joined the others.

 

 

 

 

"What is this room?" Amber approached a door. The rest were behind her. "I don't know. We never been to this side of the floor" Himchan who was recording with his camcorder in his left hand voiced. He was behind her.

 

Amber reached out for the door knob. Himchan was still filming her actions. Amber held her breath as she turned the door knob that left a rusted iron sound. The six of them gulped. Amber pushed open the door and it left a creepy shrieking sound. They stepped into the dim lighted room. Little sunlight escaped from the blinded and thick covered dust window.

 

"What the-!" L. Joe coughed. Luhan sneezed as the dusts disturbed their breathing system. L. Joe walked through the room and almost trip by the books on the floor. His arm reached for the old curtain and pulled it down. With that, dust and flew all over the room and sunlight lit the room.

 

"This is" Luhan words stopped. Their eyes witnessed the scene. A room with an old wooden study table near the window with old and thick books scattered on the floor. Four gigantic shelves around the room were full of thick books. They began to look around the room.

 

L. Joe saw a photo frame on the study table. He took it and blew the dust away. He traced his finger on the dusty glass. He furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Who's this?" he asked. Jieun, who was standing near him, went beside him. She stared at the picture. "Can I have a look at that?" she held out her hand and he gave it to her. 'I swear I saw this face somewhere else before this' Jieun tried hard to remember.

 

"Yeah right! This is Hye Kyo's picture when she was a girl" she voiced. "Really?" L. Joe held the top part of the frame and examined the picture. Yoona who was watching them was clenching her first. While that,

 

Amber took a book from a shelf. She blew the dust away and rubbed the front page of the thick covered book. "Hypnotize" she tried to read the title. She opened the book.

 

Himchan was busy taking photos with his camera.

 

"Himchan-ssi, you look like a detective at a crime scene" Yoona teased. "Really? Call me Detective Himchan" he chuckled and picked up a book. He went trough the pages roughly.

 

"Do you realize whose room are we in right now?" Luhan asked. "Sure. It's Hye Kyo's room right?" Yoona stated. He nodded. "This lady is pretty lunatic. Just look at these books. All of it is about magic spells and potions" L. Joe threw a book he had gone through away. "She's a witch. What can you expect a witch to read?" Amber shrugged.

 

Yoona pulled a book from a shelf. She opened the book and pictures fell out from it onto the floor. She gasped in surprise.

 

"Wow!" Without a pause, Himchan clicked his camera. "Who is this?" Yoona picked up a picture. "Jieun-ssi, come here" she called. Jieun went to her and she gave the photo to her.

 

"Hye jin!" she voiced. It was a picture of smiling Hye Jin with her brother, Dongjin. Amber picked another photo of two little girls. "This is Eunseob and Jisoo. Why are their pictures here?" Yoona shrugged. Amber turned to the back of the photo. Their name and parents names were written with red pen but were crossed out with red ink pen. "This cross out lines. It looks as if someone crosses out these names with anger" "You're right. Dongjin and Hyejin names too" Jieun replied.

 

"What does all of this mean? It's so confusing" Luhan looked at hundreds of photos scattered on the floor. Pictures of the smiling children were in the photos.

 

"What's this?" L. Joe voiced as he was about to take a book out from a shelf. His eyebrows furrowed. He quickly threw the book down onto the floor and pulled many books out from the shelf. "Yah! Behave yourself! We're not here to damage this house!" Amber called.

 

"SHHH!" L. Joe told her to stay quiet. "I found something, you guys"

 

"Found what?" Luhan went to him. "Wow!" he joined L. Joe to take the books off the shelf. Himchan took their pictures. Slowly, the girls approached them. L. Joe and Luhan pushed the shelf aside and stepped back. All six of them were watching at the door upon them. The door was purposely hidden by the shelf. Himchan mouth gapped but he still took the pictures.

 

"What room is this? You think there's something dangerous inside it?" Yoona asked. They just shrugged. "We should open it to know right?" Without a pause, L. Joe hand gripped the door knob and opened it. They gasped but then followed L. Joe as he stepped into the room.

 

A strong stench pierced their nose. Average sunlight came into the room. The torn curtains at the window made the sunlight unable to shine the not so big room. Shelves with arranged glass bottle were encircling the room.

 

"What's this smell?" Yoona pinched her nose. No one answer her as no one knows a thing. L. Joe pulled the worn out curtain down and the sunlight lite the room.

 

"What's this?" Himchan put his camera down after he took the pictures of the room. He held out his hand and took a glass bottle from a shelf. His eyes were fixed to the bottle.

 

Jieun did the same. "This bottle looks like-" "Potion bottles" L. Joe voiced after he read a bold word in a think on the table there. Everyone looked at L. Joe. The table was full with wide opened books and old papers. "These bottles are potion bottles. This is someone or to be exact a witch potion lab. Hye Kyo's maybe" L. Joe eyes fixed to the books again. Pictures of various sizes were in the old book.

 

"Potion?" Himchan whispered with furrowed eyebrows. His mind suddenly went blank. He almost faint and fell but Luhan caught him. "You okay, Himchan-ssi?" "Sure. I just" Himchan hand was on his hurt head. "Maybe you should sit first" Yoona suggested. "No. It's okay. I have something important to tell" Himchan's words caught everyone attention.

 

"When he said about potion, I just remember that Hye Kyo gave me the potion and I helped her to put it on L. Joe to poison his sweet dream into nightmare" "So that explain why I had those scary dream" L. Joe said. "Sorry, L. Joe-ssi. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just being controlled" "It's alright, Himchan-ssi. It's not your fault"

 

'That's weird. L. Joe rarely forgive people' Luhan thought.

 

"And Amber-ssi" Himchan called her. "Yeah. What?" she looked at him. "I did it" "Did? Did what?" "You remember that you're suddenly at the balcony alone in the middle of night right?" "Yes. I sleep walked there" "No. I did that. Now I remember that I couldn’t control my own mind. I want to protest my movement of breaking into your room and brought you to the balcony. But it's weird that I couldn't" he bit his lips in confuse.

 

"You're hypnotized, Himchan-ssi" Luhan voiced with his eyes fixed to the books on the shelf. His finger ran through the side cover of the book. He pulled out a book and began to flip the pages. "What do you mean 'hypnotized'?" Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. The others were looking at them. Luhan showed the cover of the book he was holding to Himchan. A word 'Hypnotize' printed on the cover with large font.

 

"Both you and L. Joe had been hypnotized. It’s only that Hye Kyo hypnotized L. Joe by using a medium that was the potion. And she hypnotized you by just looking into your eyes" Luhan explained and kept the book back. "You mean we had a long eye contact?" Himchan smiled broadly. He was excited to know the fact that Hye Kyo once looked into his eyes for a long time. "Aigo, this guy" Amber shook her head and ignored him.

 

Jieun walked to L. Joe who was reading the books on the table. She tried to look for anything in the drawers. All she found were old blank and used papers. "What?" she can't open a locked drawer. "It's locked"

 

"Locked?" L. Joe looked at her then to the book again. He reached for another thick book on the table. "What?" he can't lift up the book nor move it. It was like fixed to the table. He tried to opened the first page and found out that it wasn't an ordinary book. "Tsk. Genius" he smirked and took a key from the hollow book. "Try using this" he gave the key to Jieun.

 

She took it and tried to unlock the drawer. It succeeded. L. Joe was watching her action. Slowly, she pulled the drawer and a diary was placed at the middle of the empty drawer. She took it. L. Joe warded the books on the table away and the books fell onto the floor producing loud thumps.

 

"What's going on?" Amber approached them. Yoona, Luhan and Himchan joined them. Jieun put the diary on the table. "A diary?" Yoona asked. "Yes" Jieun turned to the first page. It was written the owner's name.

 

"This diary is Hye Kyo's?" Amber voiced. Their eyes glued to the old pages as Jieun flipped each page. "This diary must hold everything that happened to Hye Kyo. I want to know why she killed those kids" Jieun said. Her eyes expressed seriousness.