Back To End

P. I Unit (Paranormal Investigation Unit)

"Let's go" Himchan stepped into the forest and the others just followed behind. He was all spirited. "Himchan-ssi, do you know where is the house? Because we only get there when we lost, remember?" Amber asked. "Don't worry. We got lost first and only then Luhan saw the butterfly. So I guess, we have to look for the butterfly or get lost first" "So you're saying we have to get ourselves lost first?" "Yes. If you want to summarize it"

 

"That's ridiculous! What if we really lost in this middle of nowhere?!" L. Joe voiced. "I knew you'll say that. Don't worry. Just trust me. We'll find that house in-" Himchan dead his words and smirked. Their eyes locked at a unique butterfly flying in front of them. "I didn't see that coming" Amber voiced.

 

"That was the butterfly that I chased" Luhan voiced. "See what I told ya?" Himchan wiggled his eyebrows and poked L. Joe. L. Joe crossed his arm and rolled his eyes. The butterfly flew away from them.

 

"It's getting away!" Amber ran for it. "Wait for us!" Luhan went to her. They all ran toward the butterfly. After minutes of running, the stopped at a lake.

 

"This lake" Yoona looked at the lake. "Yes. We spotted that house from here" Luhan was panting. "That" he pointed to the butterfly. They watched as the butterfly flew higher to the middle of the lake. "Looks like we have to find our own way from here" L. Joe said.

 

"Have you ever thought that the butterfly may be someone's soul?" Jieun asked. An eerie feeling embraced the situation. They exchanged glances. "No. I just ask. Usually it's like that in a movie. Maybe it's one of the kids’ souls" Jieun shrugged.

 

"You're right. Okay let's move" Himchan faked a smile and continued to walk. The others followed. "We're almost there" L. Joe voiced. "How do you know?" Himchan asked. "Because of that" L. Joe pointed to the feature of old collapsed buildings. A sense of creep accompanied them. "And that" Yoona pointed to the front. Everyone followed her gaze and froze at the sight of an old house not far from them. Hye Kyo's house.

 

"It looks like it has been left for ages" Luhan pushed dried braches that fell on their way away. "Yeah. It just so weird" Himchan pushed some dead branches away. Their footsteps stopped in front of the house door. The old wooden house door seems really creepy to them.

 

"You think Hye Kyo is still inside?" Yoona asked. "Don't ask such question. We saw her dead with our own eyes. And now you still want to doubt about it?" Amber replied. "But she could come back as-" Yoona didn’t finish her sentence when Jieun palmed . "Don't say it" Yoona nodded. Jieun took her hand back.

 

"The house had been locked by the authorities" Himchan took a bunch of keys from his pocket. "Here goes nothing" he took a deep breath and inserted the key into the lock. They bit their lips as he turned the door knob slowly. The door was opened and left a loud shrieking sound that echoes throughout the house. They stepped into the house. Dust filled the air.

 

"I thought we just left this house for a while. But now" L. Joe was speechless. Their eyes ran around the house. "So...why are we here again?" He turned to Himchan. Himchan shrugged.

 

"Maybe we should go to the balcony" Jieun suggested. "What for?" Amber asked. "I don't know. I just had this feeling" Jieun suddenly caught a figure ran through the hallway of second floor.

 

"There!" she dashed to the stairs. Other followed. "Wait for us, Jieun-ssi!" Jieun ignored Himchan's call. Jieun chased after the little girl figure. "Jisoo!" she called.

 

"Who is she calling? I can see no one" Yoona asked. "Let's just trust her for now. Maybe she sees what we can't" Himchan replied. They entered the balcony and panting heavily.

 

'Jisoo, where did you go?' Jieun eyes were wild looking for Jisoo faded figure.

"Wow! This is no joke!" L. Joe exclaimed while looking at the scenery. Some of the wooden floor of the balcony was covered with mosses. The thick forest before them embraced them into coldness. "It looks as if this house was left for ages"

 

"Jisoo! Eunseob!" Jieun called as she saw the girls were walking to her while waving. Jieun face lit up with bright smile. Seeing them safe comfort her heart.

 

"Who is she talking to?" Yoona whispered to Amber. "Well, as you can see, Jieun can see what we can't see" Amber explained. Himchan, Luhan, L. Joe and Yoona gasped and looked at Jieun. To them, she was like a mad person. Talking to an empty space.

 

"How are you?" Jieun asked them. "We're fine, eonni. Thank you. Because of you and your friends, we can now sleep without worry" Eunseob smiled. "That's great to hear. Thank you too. Because of all of you, I had this amazing experience" "You're welcome. We got to go now. Bye" Jisoo and Eunseob waved and vanished. Jieun waved too.

 

"Forget about me already?" Dongjin walked to her from behind Himchan with a cheeky smirk. "Of course not, Dongjin" Jieun caressed his head as he stood before her. "You should respect an elderly you know?" "Yes. I'm sorry, ahjusshi" "Don't call me ahjusshi. Look! I'm still a kid. Well, long time ago" he smiled. "Thank you, Jieun-ssi. Tell the kids, all of us thank them" he pointed to Himchan and others. "Look, you yourself talk like an elderly. Silly Dongjin" He laughed.

 

"About the maze book" Jieun started. "Yes. The book. Just take it. I did some of it lately so you shouldn't be surprise if you saw some of the pages had been answered" "So that explain it" Jieun smiled. "Anyway, Dongjin. Thank you for your help all this while. If it wasn't for you and your friends, we would die in here" "You're welcome"

 

"Eonni! Jieun eonni!" Hyejin came running to her while spreading her arm. Jieun caught her in her embrace. "How are you, Hyejin?" "I'm fine. Dongjin oppa take care of me" Hyejin nodded. "That's great. Thank you, Hyejin" Jieun hugged her before let her go.

 

"Now we can sleep forever. Thank you, all of you" Dongjin looked at Himchan, Luhan, Yoona and L. Joe. "You know they can't see you, don't you?" Jieun asked. "I know. Can you help me tell them that?" "Sure" Jieun stood facing others.

 

"Dongjin said thank you for helping them. Now, they can leave in peace" Jieun stated. "He said to us?" Yoona pointed to herself. Jieun nodded. "Oh you're welcome, grandpa. No, ahjussi. No, hyung. Wait! What should I call him?" Himchan asked. Dongjin and Hyejin burst into laughter.

 

"Grandpa Dongjin!" Hyejin laughed while pointing to her brother. Dongjin pouted. "Tell him to just call me by my name. I'm still in a body of a kid"

 

"Himchan-ssi, he said just call him by his name. His sister, Hyejin is beside him" Jieun said. "Oh okay. Thank you, Dongjin. Because you and your friends, we can get out from this house and safe" Himchan bowed. "And because of all of you, we get to have a great adventure" Luhan followed to bow. L. Joe, Amber and Yoona followed.

 

"You're welcome. Now I really felt like an elderly" Dongjin laughed and Jieun laughed. "Well, this is our goodbye"

 

"Already?" Hyejin asked with a sad face. Dongjin nodded. "Aren't you happy, Hyejin. Now you get to sleep without worry, in happiness with the one you love. Your family" Jieun was on her knees again. "Yes, Hyejin. Omma and appa had waited for us there" Dongjin spoke. Hyejin was silent.

 

"Okay then. Thank you, eonni" Hyejin waved and Dongjin took his hand. "Wait!" Jieun suddenly called. She took out a teddy bear from her bag pack and held it to Hyejin. "For you"

 

"Thank you, eonni! I love you!" Hyejin hugged her tightly. "You're welcome, Hyejin" Jieun caressed her head before let her go. "Farewell. Take care of Hyejin, Dongjin" Jieun waved.

 

"Are they leaving?" Luhan asked Jieun. "Yes" Without a word, Luhan waved to the direction Jieun was waving.

 

"Bye!" Amber waved too. Next, the three followed her actions. Luhan, Yoona, L. Joe, Amber and Himchan eyes widened at the sight of floating teddy bear that flew away from them before vanished.

 

"They left?" L. Joe asked Jieun. "Yes. They can now sleep forever in peace" Jieun smiled. His heart skipped a beat at her smile.

 

"So now what?" Amber asked. "That's it. The house now is safe and the authorities ordered some contractor to rip this house tomorrow" Himchan stated. The word escaped his mouth with his head full of his own thought. His hand reached his DSLR camera hung on his neck. He the camera and took pictures of the balcony.

 

"Why do you take the pictures of this balcony?" Luhan asked. "I don't know. This-" "Instincts again?" L. Joe crossed his arm. Himchan nodded.

 

"I'm still curious about the rest of the house. Can we 'survey' this house?" Amber asked. "Yeah let's go. I'm curious too" Himchan voiced and followed Amber out the balcony door. "But, Himchan-ssi. You said we only here for a while" Yoona said.

 

"Shut up! Walk out of here if you disagree with us" L. Joe glared before exited the balcony. Yoona was surprised like she was struck by lightning. gaped at his sudden words.