Something Good

Yearbook (Sequel)

“Kris? What are you doing here?” Luhan asked not believing his eyes.

Kris was sitting on the table where he was supposed to sit with Yixing and he was wearing a probably very expensive tux too. Neitherless to say Luhan was utterly confused.

“Luhan?” Kris asked again after his empty yet large eyes come to their senses, apparently this was a shock for him too.

“What are you doing here?” Kris repeated what Luhan had just said and Luhan mentally rolled his eyes. Kris was definitely not the best crayon in the box but he was a teacher now, Luhan expected to see some hints of brain in his words. Apparently that was not the situation.

“I am here to meet with my friend on this table? Table for Zhang Yixing?”

Kris stand up with all of his glory making Luhan look like a midget, and his height was not that so little either.

“What are the odds!” Kris exclaimed happily and shake Luhan’s hand for some reason, Luhan had no choice to shake it back and look around awkwardly to see if Yixing was anywhere near to save him from this weirdness.

“So you are the friend Yixing has been telling me about, come sit!” Kris said and forcefully, a little bit more forcefully than Luhan would want, pushed Luhan on the empty chair on the 3 chair table.

“Erm, yeah, thanks.” Luhan muttered not knowing what to do. The night was definitely going to places, not somewhere nice but a places.

“So, what have you been up to?” Kris asked sipping from his wine. Before Luhan can answer he called the waiter and asked for a glass and service for Luhan too. Luhan politely waited for him to order then talked.

“Nothing much, I am going to school as you know and I work in our old high school actually.” Luhan said loudly. Probably he didn't need to talk that so loud but for some reason talking about their old high school where Kris bullied him mercilessly made him feel weak and one thing for sure Luhan didn't want Kris to think he was weak.

“Really? What exactly do you do there, not helping out the basketball team I suppose?” Kris let out a small laugh and sipped from his wine again. Luhan looked at him ridiculously pursing his lips and raising his eyebrows clearly judging him for saying that.

“No.”

Luhan looked up and saw Yixing grabbing Luhan’s chair from his behind and looking directly at Kris.

“Luhan actually works as an assistant for the art teacher there.” Yixing answered the question that was not forwarded to him and Luhan felt relaxed for a moment when he saw Yixing’s face. But when Yixing looked at him and planted a kiss on his cheek as a greeting his heart started to beat faster with the adrenaline pouring down from his veins.

“I take you know each other?” Yixing asked when he settled down next to Luhan.

“From high school.” Kris confirmed looking much more normal and formal than before. Business is business Luhan thought and tried to shoot the thoughts of Supernatural and ‘family business’ from his head.

“If you are not finished I can come back later?” Luhan asked directly to Yixing and Yixing simply shake his head as a no and put his hand on Luhan’s thigh making Luhan tense up yet smile anyway. Luhan was about to tell the man who was there for him years waiting for Luhan to love him back that he choose someone else, someone who broke his heart, someone who is the reason why he didn't, he can't and he never will be able to choose Yixing over him. So he just let that slide away for just tonight.

Luhan ordered a beef stroganoff while waiting for them to finish and watch Yixing as he did so. Yixing was such a professional and Luhan realized there was no hint of silliness or forgetfulness while he talks about business. He was so formal, straightforward and serious while he talks about millions of money, not like the Yixing Luhan knows who gets frustrated because he forgot his wallet at home or couldn't go to the holiday with his parents since he forgot to bring his passport with him. Luhan was impressed with this side of Yixing.

As time passed they finished talking about business and started to talk about how Kris and Luhan met and it was utterly super awkward around the table that Luhan could see smoke coming out of Kris’s head. And for some reason Luhan had the feeling that's what Yixing wanted to happen but he shake those thoughts off from his head.

Yixing get closer to Luhan to whisper in his ear and Luhan shivered uncontrollably, he was used to getting closer to Yixing but not like this. This was not the first time where Luhan saw Yixing wearing a suit but this midnight blue suit was new and definitely complimented his figure. And the way he talks and acts, it just was too smooth for Yixing whom Luhan knows. This person was someone else and he was definitely a smooth mother ducker.

“Should we ditch him and go somewhere else?” Yixing whispered on Luhan’s ear and Luhan couldnt let out a word and didn't want to let out a squeak so he simply nod.

Yixing paid the bill with his black card and throw a 100 bucks for the waiter as a tip. Luhan wasn't sure since he didnt actually saw the bill but he had a feeling that was not %10 of the bill. They bid goodbye to Kris in front of the restaurant and waited for Yixing’s car to come.

“You look really good by the way. “ Yixing said with a charming smile and Luhan felt relieved. He didnt realized he was so tensed up until now but when Yixing smiled and looked at him with his usual eyes instead of those bedroom eyes his shoulders relaxed and smiled.

“Baek and mom helped me choosing it, you really liked it?” Luhan asked looking at his outfit that clearly was no match with Yixing’s suit and black tie and oxford shoes.

“I loved it.” Yixing replied letting out a small laugh as if he was laughing at Luhan’s reaction to his compliment.

“But don’t you think it would be better with my jacket?” Yixing said and in a blink of an eye his jacket was gone, his muscles were out and Luhan felt the rush of heat going down from his spine and he wasn't sure if it was because of the jacket on his shoulders or Yixing’s arms. Luhan really fight with the urge to touching Yixing’s chest, yes he did.

Then thankfully Yixing’s dark blue BMW Z4 was there and Luhan realized he never saw this car before.

“What happened to the company car?” Luhan asked as he hopped into the front seat, the car only had 2 seats, Luhan didn't have much of a choice anyway.

“I decide it was time for me to buy myself a nice toy.” Yixing answered as he put on Luhan’s seat belt. “What do you think about it?” Yixing asked when they only had 5 cm between their faces.

“Loved it!” Luhan chirped quickly and backed off on his seat trying to make it look like he was trying to get comfy on his seat.

Yixing chuckled to Luhan’s attempt and started to drive.

Luhan fiddled with his shirt as Yixing drive on a normal speed, Luhan was thankful. The later the better he thought at the moment. Then Yixing started to sing. Not sing his lungs out but murmured some song quietly and slowly. The car was so silent Luhan could hear him perfectly and he was really ashamed to forgot that Yixing wanted to be a singer or a dancer when he was little but because of the company he couldn't do what he want as a job but as a hobby.

“I don't remember hearing this tune.” Luhan said when Yixing stopped.

“Normal. I am only working on it for a few weeks now.” Yixing answered, his voice still coming like a music to Luhan’s ears. The car was so peaceful that Luhan had no idea how he was supposed to break the peace between them and tell Yixing he choose Sehun over him.

“Yixing…” Luhan started but when the car stopped he got distracted and looked outside instead of Yixing’s side profile like what he did for the whole ride.

“Wow.” Luhan said when he saw the stars shining above them.

Yixing opened the car’s ceiling so they can see everything inside of the car.

“This looks…” Luhan started but couldn't finish his sentence, there were no words for this beauty.

“Beautiful.” Yixing finished his sentence.

Luhan turned his head towards to Yixing to see he was looking at him not the view.

Luhan in his breath and fully turned to Yixing as much as he can inside of the car.

“I don't know if you understand,” Yixing said turning his body to Luhan like how he did. “That was meant for you.”

Yixing come closer to Luhan and put his hand to Luhan’s cheek, caressing his face like he was something to be worshipped and valuable. Luhan was neither of them and the only thing he felt was guilty. Okay maybe a little bit of a hint of excitement but can you blame him, Yixing was a total hottie.

“Beautiful.” Yixing said again this time looking directly into Luhan’s eyes. Then he closed the distance between them and kissed Luhan.

Luhan didn't see fireworks, or shivered with anticipation. He was shocked obviously but for some reason something inside of him was expecting for something like this to happen. Yixing didn't pushed Luhan and Luhan didn't stay put but answered the kiss. It was more of a peck really but it was different then what Luhan saw from Yixing till now.

Yixing broke the kiss and put their forehead together. His eyes were closed and Luhan couldnt see anything that close so he decided to look at his hands.

When Yixing backed away he wasn't sad or happy. He look satisfied or hungry either. Then Luhan understand.

“You know what I am going to say to you.” Luhan stated and Yixing confirmed.

“Yes.”

“I see.” Luhan said and sighed looking at the stars again.

“The kiss was beautiful too by the way.” Luhan said and when he looked at Yixing he saw Yixing was gazing at the stars too.

“I wanted to make move on you before you can tell me you choose him.” Yixing answered and Luhan nod even though Yixing probably didn't see him.

“But it isn't beautiful enough for you to choose me.”

Luhan didn't take his eyes from the stars but his vision was getting blurred because of the unshed tears forming up on his eyes.

“Yixing… You know I love you, I know you do. Or else you would have never stayed for me.” Luhan made sure his voice was not cracking nor his eyes leaking.

“That's true. I stayed for you. I didn't actually forgot all those important stuff like my passport or my wallet when we go out either. I just wanted you to give me a proper chance and a reason to stay with you. If you paid for the dinner then I would have to buy you another one to make it up for you. I just wanted to be next to you waiting for you to notice me and forget him. I guess my plan backfired.”

Luhan looked at Yixing can't help but let a tear drop on the couch of the car.

“Since when did you know it was the Sehun from high school?” Luhan asked and when Yixing turned to him Luhan was a wreck. Yixing was wearing a usual smile, his dimple was showing and his eyes were turned into moons. The only difference was there were tears on his cheeks and Luhan couldnt help but let out an ugly sob.

“Since when you looked at him like how I wanted you to look at me. Since we saw him in front of your high school.”

“I’m so sorry. I really am sorry!” Luhan let out another sob. “It should have been you. It should have been you from the beginning.”

Yixing shake his head as a no. “If I did a move on you, would anything change?” He asked instead and Luhan couldnt help but smile.

“If this is your move then I don't think any person could could stay strong towards to your charm.”

Yixing laughed and opened his arms for Luhan to hug. Luhan didn't make him wait and hugged him.

Then Yixing’s phone started to ring. Yixing muttered an excuse and looked at the id.

“Its Baek?” Yixing asked to Luhan and Luhan frowned.

“Why would he call you instead of me?” Luhan asked and Yixing shrugged his shoulder before opening his phone.

“First of all let me answer that idiots question, I didn't call him because his phone is sitting in front of me.” Baekhyun said loud enough for Luhan to hear even though the phone was on Yixing’s ear.

“Figures.” Luhan said and rolled his eyes at Baek’s rush.

“Secondly someone wants to talk with him.” Baekhyun said and Yixing frowned yet gave the phone to Luhan.

“Why the did you leave your phone at your home may I ask princess of the night?”

Luhan had to hold his hand away from him to recover from the tone, sarcasm, anger and definitely volume of Sehun’s voice.

“It's not like I forget it unpurposely!” Luhan yelled back when he register what just happened.

“Do I sound like I ing care if you forget it unpurposely or not!?” Boy, was he angry.

Luhan took a deep breath and looked at the events of the night.

A dinner with ex bully slash new teacher? Check.

Getting hit on from the man who tries to date with him for almost 4 years? Check.

Kissing the said man? Check

Making the said man cry? Check.

Crying yourself? Check.

Getting scolded by your new boyfriend from your ex kind of boyfriends phone? Check.

“Look, I am fine. I’m with Yixing as you can see. I will be at home in half an hour try to be calm till I get there.” Luhan said and hang up the phone.

“Will he call again?” Yixing asked as he took his phone.

“Most probably.” Luhan answer with a nod.

“Will you answer it?”

“Most probably not.” Luhan answered this time and both of them smiled to each other.

The ride to home was much more peaceful than before. They talked about Kris a little bit then about Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s wedding 3 months later. They even talked about Yixing’s job in the company but no one said a word about the non stop ringing phone. When Yixing stopped the engine Luhan saw a blond head sticking out on the porch and rolled his eyes. One thing to remember about Sehun, he was a pain in the when he wanted to.

“So, this is it.” Yixing said with a sigh and Luhan looked at him confused.

“What do you mean?”

“I know we don’t talk about him but hear me out. I love him. I tried not loving him and failed, big time. I try to understand his antics and why he acted like that when we were kids. We were kids! This is almost 4 years later and if I don't give him a chance I won’t ever forgive myself I know it.”

Yixing put his head on the back of his seat and closed his eyes. When he opened them it looked like he just had an argument inside of his mind and still unsure about his decision that won.

“Look Luhan, I know you never listen to anyone about your choices but I know you. I was there when you changed, when you grow when you cry and I just don’t want you to get hurt. “

When Luhan was about to open his mouth Yixing silenced him with his hand.

“Promise me you will not back up with only one fight, promise me the arguments you will have won't affect your relationship. And also promise me if you ever feel wrong about this don't push to make it happen.” Yixing was looking right through Luhan’s eyes and Luhan understand how sincere he is. And how hard he tries to look strong.

“Because you won't be there.” Luhan said understanding tonight and this conversation. Yixing didn't answer but the answer was already clear. Yixing wanted the best for him but if he is not the person who will give Luhan what he wants he was not going to stay either.

“Is there anything I can do to make you stay?” Luhan asked holding onto Yixing’s arm. Yixing looked at how hard Luhan holds his arm and put his hand on Luhan’s hand.

“I will still be in your life. You will see me on the wedding and every other milestone in your or Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s life. But no, I don’t think I will stay in Korea.”

Luhan was in the edge of tears. Yixing looked at Luhan’s face and throw his head with a laugh.

“Don’t give me that look! It’s not like I am going just because of you! I have a company to run in China, not everything revolve around you!” Luhan punched Yixing’s arm and smiled at him.

“I will miss you.”

Yixing fiddled with Luhan’s hand and answered back.

“You better do miss me after all the things I’ve done for you!”

“Hey! I am trying to have a moment here if you excuse me!” Luhan said with a bigger smile and punched his arm again.

“You should go out. He is waiting for you and even his hair looks angry.”

Luhan sighed and looked at the porch.

“Yeah, I guess I should.”

Yixing hugged Luhan and they both said ‘see you later’ instead of ‘goodbye’. Luhan tried hard not to cry again.

When Luhan stepped out of the car and walked to his house Yixing was already gone.

Luhan stepped on the porch and saw a really angry looking Sehun. He was not white or red with anger, he was emotionless and not looking at Luhan’s side. He was wearing his pajamas that has trucks on it. He was wearing Luhan’s mother's slippers and the back of his foot was literally on the ground.

“Are you finished examining?” Sehun asked with a cold cold voice. Luhan was really in trouble. “This piece I’m wearing is called ‘Where the is the boy I love in the middle of the night and why the is he not answering me?’.” When Sehun finally looked at Luhan his blood freeze on his veins.

“For the love of God, stop acting like I committed some kind of crime! I was out with Yixing.” Luhan retorted back casually and sit next to Sehun on the porch.

“I’m sorry,” Sehun said and Luhan had a feeling sarcasm in this sentence will be strong. “Did it bother you I was worried about my boyfriend going out with the person who loved him about like what? 4 ing years?”

“Stop exaggerating.” Luhan said with a roll of his eyes. Then he remember about the kiss. It was better for him to know it now instead of later. He was angry as hell anyways.”We kissed though.”

“YOU WHAT!?” Sehun let out a squeak and Luhan laughed at his voice.

“You have kissed a dozen girls in front of me, I’m pretty sure I have the right.” Luhan said with an angry voice.

“That was different!” Sehun yelled and Luhan looked at him ridiculously.

“Yes, we were dating back then, now I did not even tell you what my choice is.” Luhan said and Sehun opened his mouth but with Luhan’s look he probably decided it was best for him to shut up.

“Aren't you freezing?” Luhan asked showing his pajamas.

“Of course I am!” Sehun yelled and Luhan laughed at him. The situation was getting weirder and weirder with every second.

“Here, take this jacket.” Luhan said and put Yixing’s jacket on Sehun’s shoulders.

“Oh great.” Sehun said with a sarcastic happy voice.

“Did you become more sarcastic in the past few years or is this the effect that cold has on you?” Luhan was smiling again at Sehun’s frowned and annoyed face.

“Shut up.” Sehun murmured and Luhan gasped.

“I can’t believe you just told your boyfriend to shut up!”

Sehun was about to answer back but he freeze mid way.

“What? So you choose me?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “I thought med school was a place for smart people, you just proved me wrong Oh Sehun.”

“So we are dating? For real this time?” Luhan was about to come back with a sarcastic reply but then saw how Sehun was looking at him.

“Calm down little kid, Santa is dead.”

“I don't care, you are my boyfriend.” Sehun replied with the same gooey eyes and Luhan couldnt help but laugh.

“Yes stupid, I am. Why don’t you say we are boyfriends though?”

“Because I was yours from the beginning but you choose me.” Sehun said and hold Luhan’s hand.

“But wait, is Santa dead!?”

Luhan punched Sehun’s arm playfully as both of them laughed.

“I love you.” Sehun said as he hold Luhan’s hands to not let Luhan punch his arm again.

“And I love you too Olaf. If we don't go in you will probably be more frozen than the freaking snow man!” Luhan said but still his cheeks were burning with embarrassment.

“Can’t I just kiss you once before we can go inside of your house that has a Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Minhye and your mom in it?” Sehun pleaded and Luhan shrugged.

“It's a good point.”

Before he can open his eyes Sehun’s lips met with his. Luhan didn't saw fireworks, Luhan heard his heart on his ears, felt Sehun’s hands caressing his own, smelled Sehun’s scent, tasted his lips and and finally when he opened his eyes all he could see was black dots flying around happily, or he was too happy so he saw the black dots happy. The kiss was not hormonal, not quick or urgent. It was longing and Luhan was sure Sehun felt it too, they have missed each other more than they have realized.

When Sehun broke the kiss and backed away to look at Luhan’s eyes with those eyes and smile Luhan was sure he was going to regret his decision because the boy was either going to kill him with his stupidness or cheesiness or Luhan was going to fall deep in love. Either way a lot of new fights and arguments and romance and love waited for them. Luhan was excited to find out about all of them.

“For the love of God, get in already I’m curious about what happened!”

Apparently Baekhyun was feeling the same things.

Luhan laughed and Sehun blushed.

“Let's go?” Luhan asked and hold out his hand for Sehun to take.

“If we don't go I'm pretty sure Baekhyun will drag us inside of the house.” Sehun answered.

Luhan stifled a laugh. Either way this was going to be goood.

 

 

 

I knoow, it took a little bit longer than I wanted it to be but I hope you guys are happy with the ending. I might do an epilogue later but waaaay later if I ever find time. Till then, this is the end hope you guys liked it ^^

Tell me what you thought about the ending in the comments! I'm waiting a lot of Layhan comments after this end tbh :D 

Thank you for subscribing and upvoting if you did! 

Till then, see you later!~