New Year

Yearbook (Sequel)

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Baekhyun asked suspiciously.
Luhan was sitting in front of him, a white big shirt wrapped around his neck. His hair was wet, little water drops were dropping to the bathroom floor.
“Yes.” He said looking at his soft light brown hair.
“Are you sure you want to dye it to this-” He looked at the package to check “this weird ginger tone?”
Luhan closed his eyes, frustrated to get questioned.
“Yes.”
“But why me?” Baekhyun asked.
Luhan turned his face to Baekhyun and harshly grabbed the package.
“Because i need change and i want it to be different. I want to make it red because i'm angry and if i take my time to go to a hair salon i will probably won't do it and you are the only person who would come to my house when i text ‘hair danger hair danger’.” Luhan breathed out and hold the package like his life depends on it.
After a second of glaring Baekhyun talked.
“Meh, if you are going to do something stupid it's better you do it with me.”
“Thank you very much.” Luhan said.
After an hour of struggling, nagging and one crisis when Luhan regret it while half of his hair was already dyed and he tried to spray water to his hair to get rid of the dye and Baekhyun knocking him out for 30 seconds and completely dying it they were done.
“Are you ready?”
Luhan looked at the red spot on his forehead, growing second by second.
“You know you didn't have to hit me so hard.”
“I took the chance.” Baekhyun said smugly and Luhan muttered some dirty words.
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and Baekhyun gasped.
“ Oh my god we forgot your eye brows! Let me just dye it a little bit and we can wash it after 5 minutes just to give it a little colour.”
Luhan knew he had no chance and after 5 minutes his hair was almost dried out and his eyebrows looked brown with a little bit a hint of red.
When Baekhyun revealed his hair they were both shocked but it didn't look bad.
“I can totally get used to this.” Baekhyun said.
“This might be the best stupid thing you have ever done so far.”
“It will get me some time to get used to it.” Luhan said but still he couldn't say something negative about it. It was different and fresh and he felt free.

 

When they were in the kitchen eating snacks Luhan’s mother came to home.
“Oh my GOD! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR I LOVED IT!” His mother breathed out, dropping her things to floor and grabbing his hair looking at it under the bright lamp.
“I adore your mother.” Baekhyun said. Probably because his mother was more traditional than his mother.
“Was the eyebrows your idea? Genious!” His mother said looking at Baekhyun.
“I take that back, i love your mother.” He said under his breath to Luhan.
Luhan smiled at the weird but beautiful people he adores.
“Why the little mermaid is sitting on my chair?”
And the weird ones he still adores but also hates.
“Hi back at you Jongin.” retorted Luhan and ignoring the smirk he gave at him.
“Oh great since you guys are all here i want to talk to you guys.” Luhan’s mother started to talk.
“I want to have a big new year dinner this year and you guys can bring your friends too. Just don't bring more then 2 guests i don't want you guys to burn down my house.”
“Im calling Kyungsoo!” Kai said without waiting her to finish her sentence and running upstairs.
“Why I’m not surprised? Anyways Luhan, honey you can bring Yixing and someone else if you want.”
“But-” Baekhyun said confused holding his hand on the air like he is in the class.
“Yes honey?” Luhan’s mother said.
“But if Luhan brings Yixing and someone else then he can't bring someone else like me and Chanyeol?” He said looking at the floor, sounding hurt.
His mother looked confused for a second then laughed.
“Don't be silly honey, like i said everyone can bring two people, Kai, you and Luhan. You are like my other son i thought it was obvious. It was obvious the day you and Luhan met!” His mother laughed and stopped absurdly when Baekhyun hugged her and she smiled softly, tugging his hair behind his ear.
“And by the way we will be at least 7 with Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Luhan and me so i will need your help to cook.” Luhan rolled his eyes to Baekhyun’s enthusiasm about cooking the desert. A whole day with his mother and Baekhyun? Cooking? And preparing the house? With Kai nagging at them about Kyungsoo and-
Oh my God
This was just the preparing part…


“What are you doing?” Baekhyun said looking at the oven. The duck was spinning inside of it and Luhan was sitting in front of it.
“Waiting for the duck.” Luhan said without taking his gaze from the oven.
“Oh.” Baekhyun sat next to Luhan and watched the duck with him.
“Nice sweater.” Baekhyun said after hypnotizing 5 minutes if watching the spinning duck.
“Thanks.” said Luhan. He didn't say he spent 3 hours to find the perfect yellow sweater that will make his red hair glow even more. He wanted to step into the new year with his best look and yellow meant both luck and happiness. Boy he needed more of those elements.
“What’cha doin?” Chanyeol said appearing behind Baekhyun all of a sudden.
“Waiting for the duck.” Luhan and Baekhyun said.
“Okay.” Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun from behind and sat next to him.
“I don't know if i can get used to that flaming red hair any time soon, Lu.” Chanyeol said after 10 minutes.
“Meh i get used to it.” Baekhyun said.
“What are you three doing there?” Luhan’s mother said.
“Waiting for the duck.” three of them said at the same time.
“Are you going to watch that for the next 1 hour?” his mother said and opened the fridge to get the fries.
“Maybe.” Luhan said shrugging.
Luhan was not sure but he heard his mother saying something like ‘freaking me out’.
“What are those freaks doing there?” Luhan hears his brothers annoying and judging voice.
Waiting for the ugh forget about it. I'm going to finish my Chinese homework.” Luhan said getting up.
Baekhyun and Chanyeol came with him. He perfectly knew he had no chance of doing his homework.
After Luhan jumped to his bed and Chanyeol lay down to the carpet Baekhyun jumped to his desk and looked at Luhan.
“So? Are we going to talk about it now?” Baekhyun said. Luhan wanted to reply with i don't know what you are talking about but Chanyeol cut his monologue.
“Even i know something's going on, spill it.”
Luhan gave up, if Chanyeol knows it probably it was best for him to talk.
“After the theatre the art teacher and i were talking and somehow the subject came to my awards about painting and how responsible i was back then and then she started to nag about today's students- apparently all of them are noisy, spoiled, hyperactive, nonstop talking little devils- and how she needs someone to help her out about the theatre and art competitions and the culture trips she has to do at least 2 times in a year and i kind of volunteer?”Luhan said finally turning his face to Chanyeol who kinda looks confused.
“Like a job?” Chanyeol asked and Luhan nod.
“I'm going to work for our old art teacher and she will give me 200 dollars work a week, actually not even she, this is the worst part, the principal heard us and said it's an amazing idea and since I’m Sehun’s ‘friend’ he will give me a part time job at the school and give me my ‘salary’ at the end of the month like everyone else.”
“Oh my God that's great! I mean at least the money part. Lu, we are talking about 800 dollars here you should be happy.”
“But i'm not! That's the problem it's amazing the money is good and i'm going to do something i like but it also means seeing Sehun and it's weird…” Luhan said his voice drifting.
“Wait. Why would you care about seeing him?” Chanyeol asked and Luhan shoot him a glare.
“Like you don't know it.”
“I really don't. I know you don't like him, i know you hate him for doing that but i also know you are over with him. And why would you see him all the time he has a life too, i doubt he will stalk you.” Chanyeol said and they heard a sniff.
“That's my boy!” Baekhyun yelled and hugged both of them.
“Are you crying?” Luhan asked looking at Chanyeol for an explanation but he was already in dreamland hugging his boyfriend.
“No.” said Baekhyun and Luhan rolled his eyes.
Even though the problem was not solved he felt relieved.
“Why you guys have to be so gay like all.the.ducking.time?”
“Are you sure he is your real brother?” Baekhyun said breaking the hug and throwing Kai a death glare.
“Trust me i questioned my mother about it, like, the half of my life.” Kai answered and Luhan throw him his pillow.
Kai didn't catch it and smirked at his brother.
“Bad move Lu.”
Kai knew Luhan was not going to put his head on a pillow that hit the ground.
“Kyungsoo is coming try to act normal.” Kai said and turned his back at them.
“Talking about obsessed crushes where is Yixing?” Baekhyun said and earned a hit to his head.
“Don't say things like that. And he is at a family dinner in a hotel, he will came later.”
“I forget he is so damn rich sometimes.” Baekhyun said and looked at Chanyeol. “Yet we can't even have matching curtains.”
Chanyeol gave him a 32 teeth smile and kissed him.
“You guys are gross.” Luhan said but Chanyeol winked at him and did a shut up hand move. This was his get away from the arguments he does not want to have.
They heard the bell but instead of hearing a door opening they hear Luhan’s mother yelling at the boys.
“I better go get the door, probably our Kazanova is changing his outfit for the nth time tonight.”
Luhan add a ‘no funny stuff in this house’ after seeing his friends looks at each other.
“For the love of GOD SOMEONE OPENED THE ING DOOR WE ARE GOING TO BE ALL POLITE AND AMAZING TONIGHT TO OUR GUESTS OR I SWEAR I WILL STAB SOMEONE!”
“Mother is handling this well…” Luhan muttered but decide it's best for him to open the door as quick as possible before his mother can really stab someone.
There was another knock on the door before Luhan yelled ‘Coming!’.
He looked at the mirror saw someone happy. His eyes were glistening and he had a pink flush on his cheeks. He couldn't help but smile. He did feel free and confident. He really was over with Sehun now.
Those thoughts flew away the second he opened the door.
Kyungsoo was smiling brightly at him, presents at his hands, a green scarf around his neck, making him look like an elf.
He had a second to look at the one next to him. A blonde with white-blond pushed back hair, a black long coat with a black scarf, long bony hands holding a red flower bouquet. Luhan catched a glimpse of his light brown eyes.
“Welcome.” said Luhan with a bright, cheerful voice he had no idea where came from.
He grabbed the presents from Kyungsoo’s hand before he can say anything.
“Let me get that.” He said after getting the presents and turning his back at them.
He walked to the tree they decorated days ago. They choose a red-gold combine this year with gold tassel and red balls with a big golden coloured star on top of it. He remembered how his father would put Kai on his shoulders to make him put the star on top of it. He pushed away the sad thoughts and decide it's best for him to go back to the kitchen.
“Thank you so much for the flowers, i love red roses and it definitely matches the new year spirit.” his mother said. Luhan stepped into the kitchen and saw a weird picture.
His mother was holding red roses on her hand, Sehun was smiling at her, Kyungsoo was talking with Chanyeol, Kai was making tea and Baekhyun was not talking.
He couldn't handle all of this at the same time and was about to left the kitchen without anyone noticing but of course his mother noticed him.
“Lu, honey why don't you get our guests coats?” said his mother and when Sehun turned his back at her, she gave him a angry doyourjobdammit look and eyebrow move. Luhan sighed but walked towards to Kyungsoo who gave him the fluffy jacket he was wearing before.
He looked at Sehun who's still wearing the coat. Sehun was looking right at him. He hated his eyes. Luhan felt his heart bumping hard on his chest probably making his sweater move. He wanted to look somewhere else but he couldn't, he felt like drowning. Why in the ing world did he dye his hair blonde making his sharp face lines looking even sharper and making his face looking paler which makes his lips looking even redder and plump, okay maybe the cold had something to do with it too but Luhan couldnt care less at that second.
“Aren't you going to strip?” Luhan said before he can understand what he was saying. Kai snorted and he heard a slapping sound probably from Baekhyun who would hit his head at a moment like this.
“I mean strip off your clothes.” Luhan sweared under his breath and saw Sehun was smiling at him, not like a snicker he was really smiling at him, he must have find his embarrassment funny of course, another way to make him look like an idiot.
“Just take off your coat already.” Luhan hissed with a forced smile.
“I don't think your would want me to do that.” Sehun said but Luhan showed his hand almost to Sehun’s face.
Sehun raised his eyebrows but did what Luhan said and take off his coat.
He gave his coat to Luhan but Luhan couldnt take his eyes off from his sweatshirt.
“What are the odds?” his mother said Kai snorted again.
“Told you.” said Sehun sighing. He was wearing the same sweatshirt as Luhan, only his sweatshirt was green which make them look like a couple who are wearing matching clothes.
Luhan quickly get out of the kitchen and went back to his room. After him the door opened again and Kai was in.
“I'm not in the mood Jongin.” said Luhan.
“I'm not going to make fun of you. Just wanted to say i didn't know he was coming too. Apparently Kyungsoo’s parents went to a party and didn't want Kyungsoo to be out at that hour alone and you know the rest.”
“And you are telling me this because?” Luhan said burying his head to the pillow.
“I don't want a Malfoy-Weasley fight tonight.”
“Huh?”Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and think about it.
“Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley.” Kai quoted.
Luhan looked at the mirror and saw his red hair with the yellow sweatshirt looking like a true Gryffindor and on a second thought Sehun looked like a Malfoy with white blonde hair and green sweatshirt with Slytherins colours.
“Just relax Yixing will be here in a few hours.” Kai said and leave the room.
Luhan looked at his watch, it was 8pm and he had to get over this night without any fights.
“Gryffindor it is. All i need is some nerve and courage.” He looked at himself in the mirror, Luhan looked nothing like a lion, maybe a cat with red furs.
“Im totally screwed.” he said giving up and lowering his head, leaving his room defeated.
Luhan bumped into someone before he can step into the stairs.
“Sorry.” he gasped not looking at the one who he bumped into.
“Its okay.” Sehun said.
Of course. Who else. Screw my chance.
“Are you oka-”
“Are you lost or something? Its hardly impossible in a house.” Luhan said looking at him fiercly. He was not going to back down.
“I'm looking for Kyungsoo," he said instead.
"Not here obviously." Luhan said coldly, sweaping away the non existing dust from his pants.
"Do you know where he is?"Sehun asked again trying to be polite but Luhan take non of it.
“Do i look like I’m stalking your brother? Go ask someone else.” Luhan said trying to end this stupid conversation.
“The can you tell me where the bathroom is?” Sehun asked, smirking in that infuriating manner of his. He bloody enjoyed this little chat.
He wanted to say off but go with something more smooth, at least it sounded like that in his head.
“Sod off.”
“Watching Harry Potter much?” Sehun asked gazing at him suspiciously.
“You are the one to say, Malfoy.” he spit out, trying to look as angry as he can but he probably looked like an angry cat with his head only reaching to Sehun’s chin when he looked up.
Sehun took one step towards to Luhan and Sehun was looking at him with his tensed gaze. Luhan felt like drowning in his eyes and before he can understand he was leaning towards to Sehun.
“Is this your room?” Sehun whispered to Luhan’s lips.
“Whut?” Luhan said stupidly enough. One second later Sehun was gone and when he understand what was happening Sehun was looking at his posters.
“Whatareyoudoing?” Luhan hissed and closed the door behind him after getting in.
“You know, we dated for months actually almost a year but I’ve never been into your house.” Sehun said his fingers brushing the books on his library. He took a book and started to flip pages.
“Yes and there was a reason for it.”
“Meaning?” Sehun said looking away from the book in his hands and raising an eyebrow.
“It means,” Luhan said putting his hands on his desk and leaning forward to Sehun “you always tried to hide our relationship, from your parents from your friends from everybody! You didnt even tell me anything about your parents how could i invite you to my house in a position like that?” Luhan really wanted to know the answer Sehun was going to give.
“I was a child back then! GOD how many time do i have to tell you? Im sorry! I REALLY AM.”Sehun practically shouted and Luhan was taken aback, stepping back and holding his arms next to his sides.
“I know i liked you back then, you were my first real relationship you know that? You still are my longest relationship. I’ve made some stupid choices but im trying to fix it and you are not helping me. Im trying to get mature but you are still the same boy from my physics class that is a total bipolar and i dont know what to do with you.” He said looking at Luhan with a stern look.
“Then dont do anything. Just leave me alone.” Luhan said and realized how Sehun’s eyes changed from sad to cold.
“Maybe I should.” he said his voice as cold as frozen peas.
He dropped the book to his bed and leaved the room.
Luhan was not supposed to feel regretful but he did. He scoffed and went next to his bed grabbing the book. The page title was Chemical Bonding and next to it there was a little chat written by hand. One of them was written elegantly and so little ot was almost hars for him to read, the other one was bigger and more manly if thats the best description for it.

Sehun’s manly writing was on top of the title.
It was awesome when the teacher asked you why you were late and you said ‘Im sorry im late, i didn't want to come’
Worth every second of that detention
I love your sassiness
You love me everywhere
Yes i do, took you long enough
There was a scribble next to that sentence, two stick men holding hands under a tree and poorly drawn hearts were around them.
He remembered how they would talk all the time in class, usually on a paper piece but some of them were like this.
He looked at the other pages and saw one scribble this time drawn more elegantly, still poorly but Luhan still was a little bit proud of his work.
There was only a face and it was Sehun’s face but his nose was longer than it really was, his hair was more wild like an anime character but his eyes were almost the same. Of course it was probably because Luhan loved looking at his eyes and when he didn't he would imagine his eyes, thinking he was absurdly exaggerating but when he did saw his eyes he always felt like it was being unfair to his handsome features.
There was a little arrow coming out from the hair and it said blonde.
Then it his Luhan. He always loved Sehun’s hair but he always talked how it would look even more awesome if it was a real blonde like a white-blonde hair and Sehun would say he might do it later and shrug it off.
Sehun dyed his hair for him and came here to see him and he did apologize billion times before and Luhan was still being a .
What if he gave Sehun a chance? Was he even asking for a second chance? Luhan surely didn't want to jump into conclusions and make himself look like an idiot. This whole situation was making him nauseous. One second ago he was hating him and now he was thinking about second chances. What the heck was wrong with him? Maybe he really was a bipolar.


The night went smoothly. They eated their dinner and except the overcooked chicken which Luhan was responsible fir was perfectly fine. Everyone was full but they didnt clean up the table so as they get hungry again they can just go and grab a bite. And of course Luhan wanted Yixing to see the table they worked so hard for too. Sehun snorted and when everyone turned his eyes to him he managed to turn it to a cough which Luhan got responsible for making the chicken so dry.
After the dinner they were all around the tree.Kai and Kyungsoo were playing some card games on the floor, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were singing time to time with Chanyeol playing the guitar and Baekhyun hitting the table with the same beat. Sehun and his mother was weirdly talking more than they should, laughing at secret jokes and whispering to each other which made Luhan jealous in some way. He was glad when the doorbell ring around 10pm.
“Its Yixing i got it!” Luhan yelled immediately jumping from the sofa and running to his rescuer. He was the only one at the house dammit.
“Yixing!” he yelled and hugged him furiously. Yixing gave the hug back, laughing with shock.
“What a warm welcome.” Yixing said and Luhan literally dragged him inside.
“This atmosphere is killing me i might even explode with boredom. You are my saviour.” he said and Yixing looked like Santa just told him he was the best kid in the whole universe, his dimple showing almost painfully.
Yixing greated everyone and everyone greated him warmly, exept Sehun who just let out a snicker.
Luhan excitedly started to talk about the job offer he got and Yixing was as happy as he was. He congradulated Luhan and gave his approvals.
His mother heard him too and Luhan forgot he didnt tell his mother yet.
“Are you mad?” he asked varily.
“Should I be?” his mother asked raising an eyebrow.
“Erm, no?” Luhan said looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol for help and they just raised their hands at the same time like dont get us involved.
“Look mom its nothing to worry about i will just help the teacher and i can get to go to museums and freshen my knowledge. And the money is good too, thanks to Principle, Mister Oh.” he said not looking at Sehun but still hoping for him to understand he was still angry. So what? He liked making annoying comments.
The subject was quickly changed after they opened the TV and his mother seemed happy so everything looked okay.
They started to watch Home Alone 2 when they couldnt find anything to watch and it was a classic so why not? His mother was making them some pop corn. Yixing yawned and put his arm around Luhan and he didnt say anything, they were friends after all and Luhan never felt uncomfortable around Yixing. Yixing laughed at something and his chest vibrate making Luhan smile too.
Sehun excused himself and get up while everyone else was watching Home Alone for the nth time. No one bat an eye except Luhan.
He didnt know why but he excused himself too and get up. Smiling at Yixing like to say nothings wrong.
He didnt know what to do but his gut told him to go upstairs so he did. When he was going to open the lights he was gragged to a room and his back hit hardly to the cold wall. He let out a painful limper and the force on him was gone as quick as it came.
He looked up and saw Sehun walking up and down in front of him, his bony fingers trailing in his white blonde hair. Luhan was watching him like a cat watching a rope he was mesmeraized with his handsome features. He looked angry but that made him even more hot.
Sehun stopped suddenly and looked right into Luhan’s eyes, his eyes were shining at the dark, the only light source was the moon. Luhan probably looked like a deer looking at the lights.
Sehun moved quickly and before Luhan can understand he was standing right infront of him. Luhan mutter something stupid about long legs but Sehun cut him off.
“Are you trying to make me crazy?” he was breathing from his nose furiously. Luhan thought it was best for him to reply honestly then have a comeback with a witty comment.
“No?” he asked but his voice sound more like a teen who was getting ready to get scolded.
“You didnt need to answer.” Sehun said coldly.
“Err sorry?” Luhan tried but that gain him a glare.
“One second we are having a moment and the other second you are yelling at me the other second you cant take your eyes off of me and when i try to talk with you you yell at me again! I can get used to the bipolar part of you heck i can ignore your sudden outbursts, your yellings, your witty comments but-” he stopped absurdly like he was chocking on his words.
“But that- that thing you do with that smiling maniac its driving me crazy.” he huffed and looked at Luhan.
Luhan was smiling. He should be scared or looking mad like Sehun does but he couldnt help but smile.
“Wha-”
“You are jealous.” Luhan said and smiled again. He had no idea why he was happy but all he could think of was Sehun is jealous because of me!!!! Yipueee!!@#$@#!
“Im- Why are you smiling? Can you swipe off that smile?” Sehun said slightly annoyed at the fact he was being mocked.
“Oh Sehun is jealous.” Luhan said and let out a giggle that sound more happy than it should.
Sehun was starting to blush now and Luhan was glad he followed his insticts.
“Just shut up already.” Sehun said and Luhan started to laugh at the irony of the situation.
“I think thats supposed to be my line.” Luhan said and giggled again.
“You really cant shut up cant you?”
“Make me.” Luhan said and his giggle was cut of with a pair of plump lips.
It wasnt romantic like it should be, of course it wasnt Luhan was involved in it how could it be? Luhan wanted it to last longer or at least he wanted to feel his lips more but why in the fricking world he had to kiss him when he was in the middle of a giggle? He tried to breath but he couldnt due the fact Sehuns lips where blocking the breath and he kind of forgot how to breath with the sudden attack of Oh Sehun’s lips.
So he coughed into Sehun’s mouth and Sehun stepped back giving Luhan some space. He coughed and coughed till he was okay.
When he stopped they were both looking at each other with flushed faces and embarrased looks.
“I-”
“I-”
Both of them tried to talk at the same time but they were both cut of with a scream coming down stairs.
“We need to go.” Sehun said and Luhan nod. When they were leaving the room Luhan’s hand brushed Sehun’s and for a second he thought he caressed his hands but it was gone after a second.
“Oh my God.” Luhan said looking at the picture in front of him.
“I KNOW!” Baekhyun yelled without taking his gaze from Chanyeol who was now kneeling in front of him with on foot back and a velvet red box on his hands.
“So, Byun Baekhyun. Will you give me the honors and marry me?”
“Yes!” he said without thinking about it any further and kissed Chanyeol kneeling beside him. Everyone looked shocked but happy for them, even Kai clapped for them and Luhan made sure he took some pictures of it, if he didnt Baek would kill him.
Rest of the night went smoothly. The night centred around Baekhyun and Chanyeol and they looked genuelly happy.
When it was midnight they did the classic 3 2 1 counting and his mother hugged him while Chanyeol and Baekhyun kissed and Sehun was whistling and laughing. They shared a look and Luhan smiled at him. He wanted to think it was because of the cozzy atmosphere but deep down he knew something bigger was coming.

 

 

 

This is like a double update and i hope you guys liked it please tell me your thoughts about it

Lots of love