Choices

Yearbook (Sequel)

“Mom?” Luhan asked and for a second everything froze. Sehun looked at Luhan’s mother then Luhan again, someone showed their head behind Luhan’s mother and smiled toothily, that someone was Chanyeol. Then Xiumin who was lying at the ground groaned and everything started to move again.

“What the is going on here?”

“Wow, mom, language.” Luhan muttered and his mothers eyes landed on him.

In a normal position a mother would shriek and throw themselves at their son to hug him or become angry to the person who is responsible because of those injuries, or maybe even cry because their baby was in pain. Not Luhan’s mother, never his mother.

“You ing idiot what did you do this time?” She asked and walked aggresively to his side and slapped Luhan’s head and not that so lightly.

“Ouch! I’m in pain woman!” Luhan retorted yelling at his mother.

“You think this is pain? You think laying on a bed is pain!?” His mother yelled throwing her hands in the air.

“I will show you pain when we go back home!” She said and for some stupid reason Sehun assumed it was the right moment to talk.

“Miss? Luhan will be staying at the hospital this night just to check he has no concussion or any brain damage and I have to tell you to leave.”

Luhan his breath, Chanyeol and Baekhyun gasped and Xiumin’s eyes grew larger, he was still lying at the ground and looked pretty comfortable too.

“Why are you here?” Luhan’s mother asked suspiciously. Apparently she has remembered Sehun from the new year's party they gave. "Who are you to Luhan?" 

“Well I am a lot of things. I am Oh Sehun, you used to be friends with my mother back in highschool then you moved out as you can remember. I am Kyungsoo's brother and I am Luhan’s old classmate and his ex-boyfriend,” at this point Luhan had already stop glaring at Sehun and buried his face to his hands. “And I am currently the person who tries to gain him back. But I think you tried to ask me what I am doing in the hospital, then the answer is I am Luhan’s doctor's assistant, pleasure to meet you.” Sehun said and after five seconds of silence Luhan decided it was safe to open his eyes and take a peek from behind his hands.

Sehun was holding out his hand and Luhan’s mom was blankly looking at it like she has no idea what people do with hands. Luhan wanted to say ‘You are supposed to shake it’ but Baekhyun beat him to do it.

“That was so romantic. Weird yes, but romantic!”

Luhan’s mother shake off the shock from her shoulder and opened with a glance towards to Luhan.

“I’m thinking and thinking but can't remember Luhan having a boyfriend. Except there was this boy whom Luhan had a crush on. I remember Luhan being happy for months after our talk and also remember he never told me about this crush of him. Then I remember Luhan crying himself to sleep for months, not eating and finally getting over that phase. Are you telling me now, that you are the phase Luhan tried so hard to put behind?”

K.O.

Yep, this was it. It was a nice dream that ended without starting.

“Yes I am.” Sehun said still holding out his hand. “And I can promise you I will make up those months of sadness for a long long time. If Luhan wants me to, of course.” Sehun said and Luhan turned his eyes back at him. His chin was out and his eyes were focused on his mother although Luhan could feel the confidence and fierceness in his voice, he didn't think his eyes were any different.

“Pity that I don't think it's possible to live with promises.” Luhan’s mother said and apparently Sehun understood his mother was not going to shake his hand and dropped it on his side pocket.

“Pity I don't care about anyones thoughts but Luhan’s.” Sehun said his voice colder now.

The boy knew how to impress a mother!

“Pity that Luhan cares about my thoughts.” Luhan’ mother shoot back. What was this, elementary school?

“Pity th-” Sehun started and Luhan cut the rubbish talk.

“If, you are going to pity,” he started looking everyone at the room and not forgetting to shot an angry glance at Baekhyun’s side, making the boy hide behind Chanyeol, “can you pity me? You know, the one who got hospitalized, beaten up and harassed?”

Luhan said and everyone looked guilty for a second. The his mother shooed everyone to have a word with Luhan. Xiumin crawled back to the hall while the other normal people decided to skip out of the room. Yes, normal meant a whole different thing in Luhan's book. Sehun lingered for a few more seconds but when Luhan nod at him as a sign to go he left the room too.

Luhan told her everything, except the promising part and the parts he was half in front of Sehun. He just said the boy helped him with his wounds and let him stay in his flat. Needless to say, she was furious. Meh she will get over it, Luhan thought.

“What about Yixing?” His mother asked and Luhan wanted to roll his eyes.

“Mom, I didn't say anything about dating Sehun yet. And we never dated with Yixing, I'm sure he would get over it.”

“Do you really want to go out with him? Sehun? I don't trust him Luhan. If he is the one made you miserable in highschool then I don't want him.” His mother said and Luhan’s eyes softened.

“I know it's hard for you but it's hard for me too. You didn't see what he did to save me that night mom, no one does that. We are not in highschool anymore and I think this time it will be okay, if not I wouldn't be saying ‘i wish’ when I am old.” Luhan reasoned and his mother understand it was a lost case.

 

That night Luhan had a plenty of time to think about everything and finally he called Yixing and asked if he wanted to have dinner at the weekend.

 

“Do you think it is too fancy?” Luhan asked showing his new dark blue blazer jacket, white shirt and his black jeans.

“You are going to Le Petite Juliet honey, I don't think anything in your wardrobe is too fancy for there even if you try.” His mother said.

“Thanks mom, you are on fire again.” Luhan said sarcastically and his mother stick out her tongue to him.

“Real mature.” Luhan said and flee from the kitchen before his mom can throw mashed potatoes at him.

Luhan went to his room and get his phone from the charger.

I will meet with Yixing in Le Petite Juliet. Dont worry he can drive me home at night.

He wrote and send it to both Baekhyun and Sehun. Yeah, yeah I know what you think. Luhan didn't said no to Sehun’s offer about the duo being together again but he definitely didn't say yes too. Only said I will think about it for a week and this was the end of the week. Luhan postponed the decision as much as he can but when the time came he knew he should be talking to Yixing before saying anything to Sehun. And the main reason his postponements was that fact. Yixing.

They were meeting in a fancy restaurant because apparently Yixing had a meeting that night and asked Luhan to join him after his meeting is done so they can eat a proper meal. Luhan would have said no normally but couldn't make himself to do so this time.

What was he even going to say?

Hey! I loved the soup oh and by the way remember the guy I used to date in high school? The one I couldn't forget? Yeah, he is Sehun! And I kind of made him jealous with you, isn't it great? Can I have some more krutons please?

Yep, that will go well.

Luhan sighed and pulled himself together.

“You,” he said to the mirror showing his reflection with his index finger “are the man.”

“You are pathetic.”

“Hey!” Luhan yelled to the door. Kai was standing there, his arms tangled in front of his chest and looking at Luhan with disapproving eyes. Then again, this was kind of how he looked except the times he talks about Kyungsoo.

“How is your love slave doing?” Luhan shot back and he was happy to see some redness in Kai’s ears, although his posture did not change.

“How are things going on in Lu harem?” Kai retorted and Luhan’s whole face lit up with fire.

“Well played.” Luhan said admitting his defeat and sit back to his bed.

“Why are you even here?” Luhan asked, his voice cracking in the middle of the sentence.

“Fine teenage warhead. I'm going out with Kyungsoo tonight.”

Luhan rolled his eyes to the teenage warhead part yet couldn't help his smile to the last part.

“Well, things definitely go better in your side.” Luhan said and Kai only shrugged with a smirk forming up on his face. Then all of a sudden his smirk was lost.

“You can't choose who you fell in love with. Just remember that. You know. With Yixing. To not feel guilt oh that I'm out of here.” Kai said and left the room with more redness in his face than he first came.

“That was touching. Weird. But touching.” Luhan said to himself and looked at the mirror again.

“I do look pathetic. Maybe I should focus on that for now. To not look so pathetic.”

“And stop talking to myself. You should add that on the list too.” Luhan looked at the door and saw Baekhyun standing at the door where Kai was standing a few minutes ago.

“Do you people even know how to knock?” Luhan said slightly getting annoyed how people could get in and out of his room without him noticing.

“Do you even know how to close your door?” Baekhyun retorted and Luhan throw his hands in the air a little bit more aggressively than he should.

“Fine fine, I surrender. And why are you here?” Luhan asked and gained a shrug from Baekhyun.

“Just checking on you. To see how you are handling everything. And is your back and arm okay now?” Baekhyun asked with a slight hint of genuine concern in his voice.

“Yeah, my ribs are kind of killing me whenever I try to kneel down, or get up, or breath. But my arm is fine so we can say I'm hanging on there.” Luhan answered truthfully.

“Well, glad to know that you are okay.” Baekhyun said sarcastically and looked at Luhan’s outfit from head to toe.

“Not bad, grasshopper, not bad.”

Luhan mockingly bowed to Baekhyun and his eyes catched the time on the clock.

“We said we will meet there at 9 o’clock, I will be late!”

Luhan said and put his phone inside of his jacket. Baekhyun kissed Luhan on the cheek and wished him luck and Luhan left the house.

Luhan arrived to Le Petite Juliet with a taxi and quickly get inside to not get cold. A waiter came, took Luhan’s jacket and asked for reservations. Luhan give Yixing’s name and one person in a penguin costume walked with him till the table and Luhan thanked the guy with a smile. The he saw Yixing was not there. Someone was sitting on the table. A blonde man. And he was definitely not Yixing.

“Luhan?”

 

 

 

Heey, I know its been 2 months but I updated! And sadly I'm planning to end this story in 2 chapters or so and I just want to thank you all for subscribing, bearing with my slow updates, commenting and upvoting if you did ^^

Well, hope I will come back with a long chapter so see you then~