Still

Her Part Time Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLEASE  don’t be in love with SOMEONE else.

PLEASE don’t have SOMEBODY waiting on you.

 

     I woke up from daydream, stretching out from the bed. Having focused initially on a scenery outside the window. There were kids playing around, some students preparing to leave for school and few couples talking happily with each other. I sighed as I proceed finding my phone on my study table. It was there but no missed calls, even text messages.. – from her. I puffed an air, frustrations and guilt Is trying to enter my whole body. Two days ago, where we had a phone conversation with Jiyong; I saw a glimpse of something from her eyes. There is something on there.. I sensed it so I try to asked her about it but we ended up arguing. I shook my head, trying to erase those thoughts. A knock coming from the door interrupts me from daydreaming, I heard Aunt Min’s voice.

 

“Aunt Min.” I said as I opened the door widely,

She smiles, “I think this is for you.” She hand me a bouquet of red roses which she already have few moments ago.

I frowned, quite confused. “Who gave it?” she shook her head,

“A delivery boy sends it here” she answered, taking a few steps away from me.

 

     I took it hesitantly. Going back to my bed, I try to find the card that contains the possible sender of this roses or at least a message, or handwriting. I lowered my shoulders, my hands began shaking as I clutch my phone. Slowly, I open the small piece of pink paper that is quietly hanging at the side of one of the roses. “I’m sorry, I’ll meet you after school” – Dara.

 

I smiled.

 

     As the class ended at it’s exact time, I immediately went outside and look for the familiar car that I always seen waiting for me in front of the school’s gate. It was there, but disappointment spread across my face when I realized that it wasn’t her.

 

“Miss Lee.” The guy said politely,

I raises a brow, peeking my head behind him. “Why are you here Jonas?”

He smiles. “Ms. Park is still doing something important, so she told me to pick you up.”

“And she didn’t tell me that?” I asked, controlling my temper.

“Let me bring your bag” he said, instead of answering me.

I throw him a cold stare. “Nahh. It’s okay I can handle it by myself.” then proceed to the passenger seat.

 

     Why she didn’t tell me? Did she forgot about it? I sighed, as I felt sad all of a sudden. I heard Jonas saying something to me, I just answered him a single nod before looking back again outside the window. A soft tap from my left arm awakes me, squeezing my eyes slowly; Jonas face appeared on my sight.

 

“We’re already here Ms.Lee” he said with his usual tone,

“How many times do I need to tell you not to call me that way” as I murmured sleepily,

“You’re saying something Ms.Lee?” he didn’t heard it.

I narrowed my eyes to him, “Nothing.” I said then opened the door.

 

     Putting my feet on the ground, Jonas opens the door widely for me. He smiled as I pass him by. He calls me by my name, I’m standing by the door.

 

“Enjoy your day!” he said, and follows it by a salute.

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah right!” i muttered.

 

     As my hand touched the door knob, I glance on Jonas direction; he already drove away. I stared at this door, I notice that there’s no any sound from the other side.. – suspicious. I shook it off, pushing it lightly and slowly; I narrowed my eyes, thoughts beginning to shut me off. But before I could do that, the lights suddenly went lighted. Aunt Min, Hayi, Bom and two of my co-workers at the bar were all here, I glance on my right side, even Eli is here.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they shout cheerfully,

 

     I stood there shocked and speechless. But I realized that there is someone missing for my special day. Trying to erase that thought again, A cute pink rabbit mascot appeared from my room. “You look like a rabbit you know that?” it was her – Dara. She started to dance (Gentleman by Psy) and I admit she really looks cute, damn.. I missed her so much. As the music ends, she slowly made her way towards my direction. In the eyes of the others, except  Aunt Min and Eli, they seeing us as good friends. Removing the head of the costume, a sweating face of a goddess revealed.

 

She smiled to me as Eli grabs the head of the bunny from hers, “Happy birthday” she said in a sweet tone.  

I smiled back, stepping closer to her spot. “Thank you” it came out as a whisper.

“Alright! It can wait.. everyone let’s eat!” Bom announces, interrupting everyone from over staring at us.

 

     We just both gave each other a knowing smile.

 

“Dara” I said, hearing a knock from the door.

“Hi!” as she replied, stepping inside. “Did he call?” she asked, her tone was low.

I nodded my head, patting the empty space beside me. “Did you ate?” I asked wiping the remaining sweat from her forehead.

I caught her smiles, “Yep. You know I don’t eat too much”

“I can see that.” As I replied with a teasing smirk,

She slaps left cheek playfully, “You’re so bad!” she said rolling her eyes.

I laugh lightly, “I’m just kidding” resting my head on her right shoulder. “Why you did that?” I suddenly asked, breaking the awkward silence.

She tries to lend her eyes to me, “Did what?” she asked innocently.

I pouted. “You didn’t call me for about two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter