Edges

Her Part Time Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We started out so strong.
We promised we would last forever.
Now I'm weak & I can't move on.
And no signs of things are getting better.

     Dara busied herself by doing her work in the office. She counted the days of how many times she ignored Chaerin, two.. three.. five. She don’t really know actually, she walks up near the window, once again preparing herself to go to work. She looks at her phone which is resting neatly at her bed, it keeps on beeping and ringing but she don’t care. She turns her head back outside the window, she sadly smiles when someone pops out from her head. It was her, it’s always her.

 

Miss Dara? Says the maid who’s in her mid-30, Dara looks at her with a questionably gaze, “Your fiancée is waiting downstairs” she announces leaving Dara alone without waiting for her response.

 

     Fiancee. Dara looks up at the ceiling just by the thought of it. She’s been thinking about it for about a week now, when Jiyong went to their house to have a talk with her.

 

“What is it that you need Ji?” asks Dara firmly as she sitted across Jiyong,

Mrs. Park leaves them, “I wanted to tell you something” he said in his serious voice.

Dara sighs, “If it’s about Chaerin, sorry but I’m not going to let her go. I love her Ji.. I really do and I’ll fight for her” Dara stated.

Jiyong looks at her blankly, “Fight for her?” Jiyong said with a smirk,

Dara looks back at him with an unknown look, “Yes”

Jiyong chuckles bitterly, “Really?” Dara didn’t answered. “Do you really know the reason why I’m here?” hearing it Dara became intrigued.

“What do you mean? You’re here for Chaerin right? As Dara asked, stammering a bit.

Jiyong breathed deeply, “They’ve arranged a wedding for you again”

“What?” Dara replied with an unbelievable gaze.

“It is against you.. and me”

 

YOU and ME.

 

     Dara took a last glance through her reflection from the mirror. She closed her eyes, before proceeding to go downstairs. She found Jiyong taking a sip of his coffee and when he saw Dara walking on the stairwell, he immediately put down the glass of coffee and approach her by pecking a kiss on one of her cheeks.

 

“Good morning my fiancée” Jiyong said in a mocking way,

Dara just rolled her eyes in annoyance, “Shut up” she said almost a whisper,

Jiyong just chuckled, “Guess who I saw this morning” he announces bringing Dara’s full attention to him.

“Who?” she asked,

“Who might be?” Jiyong answered, crossing his legs arrogantly.

“Did you talk to her? Jiyong nods his head, pretending to read the newspaper, “what did she say?”

Jiyong shrugs, “You. Of course” Jiyong said trying to hide his irritatedness.

Dara softened her gaze, “What about me?”

Jiyong finally looks up to her, meeting her gaze. “Why are you avoiding her?” Jiyong asked as he puts the newspaper down the table.

 

Dara was silent.

 

“Dara” Jiyong calls out making Dara shivers, “Why are you avoiding her?” Dara bows her head, “I thought you love her” Jiyong said pointedly.

“Of course I love her.” Dara fired back, her voice sounded too possessive,

Jiyong raises a brow, “Then what’s the matter?” asks Jiyong firmly.

Dara notices it, she proceed bowing her head, way of thinking, “I don’t know.. I don’t think she will understand our situation.”

“Do you think I like this?”

Dara shrugs, “Maybe.”

Jiyong narrows his eyes to her, chuckling he said. “You’re unbelievable.”

Dara looks up to him, “Why? Didn’t you planned this?”

“Of course not!” replies Jiyong almost shouting,

Dara stood, “Won’t you lie to me!” Dara fired back.

Jiyong stood, moving closer to her. “I’m not selfish alright? I care for you, I still care for you even if you cheated on me. Wanna know why? Coz you are my bestfriend!” he stated, he gulps looking away as he felt his eyes burned, almost tearing up. “No matter how painful you’ve done, I still think of you.. that’s why these past few days I tried to date someone so that I can at least forget Chaerin for the meantime. I’m already in the process of forgetting and forgiving and then suddenly this comes up!” Jiyong immediately left after that.

 

     Dara left alone in the living room as she still processing the words that Jiyong told her. She don’t expected that to happen, she never knew about it, she don’t want to believe him but.. there’s a part of her inside, that keeps on telling her to believe it.

 

**

 

“Miss?” says the guard approaching the black-haired girl who’s standing some quite minutes with her eyes roaming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter