Tuesday, 1st April, 2050

Gin & Turtle

I got up on Tuesday - albeit, begrudgingly - confident that today would be a breeze. It was a simple task, get in, make the right friends and then get out again. I knew that none of them could resist me, I was too alluring to them. They thought that I was something new, something different...If only they new just how right they were.

I walked over to my fridge and grabbed a blood bag - the cold substitute to the usual heat of blood, I wasn't happy, not in the slightest - I ripped it open and, scrunching my eyes and trying not to smell, gulped it down as fast as I could. It was like taking bad tasting medicine, essentially that was kind of what it was because I would get sick if I didn't take it.

I got outside to my car and just breathed in the fresh air, partly because it was nice and cool and partly to get the coppery taste of the cold blood out of my mouth. Yuck.

This time I found the school easily, no map needed - yeah, go me! I walked into homeroom early and sat down in my seat near the middle of the class. No longer had I been sitting than five minutes when a flock of girls surrounded me, cooing and gazing at me like deranged stalkers but still, I had a job to do. So, I played my part and answered all of their annoying questions as truthfully as I could. It was always easier to keep up with a lie if you stick close to the truth. Ten minutes went by and there was no sign of even a vaguely familiar, or boyish face - except for this one girl who was a total dog.

Homeroom started, and all of the crazies returned to their seats, and I was just about to lean over and talk to the boy diagonally in font of me when...Bam! In walks the boy from the park. I was so shocked that I literally, stopped breathing for a couple of heartbeats - it was like I had forgotten how! Anyway, he came in and sat in the seat right next to me! I swear I almost went total fangirl on his before I could reign myself in and remember to keep my face impassive. Totally forgetting about my plan, I sat quietly, pouting for the fangirls and for the hot tenshi sitting right next to me, and listened in to his and his friends conversation during the rest of homeroom. A conversation that I'm pleased to report, revolved almost solely around me. I'm not going to lie, I felt quite smug with myself for drawing their attention so strongly in only one day.

 As the day went on, my best laid plans went to waste, every time I would think to introduce myself, I would see his cute smiling face and freeze up and completely forget what I was doing and what I had planned to do or say, Crap. If I didn't at least get in the group by the end of the week, Inran would kill me! I had to fix myself, and fast, after all there is no time like the present.

The end bell rang, signaling the end of school and I had decided that I would go up and talk to the boy -  and I should probably find out his name. I started walking towards him and I was thinking, yes! Come on, you can do this! You can do this- tomorrow. at the last second my mind became completely void of all conversation I had ever learned and so, I panicked and chickened out. I walked past him, disappointed in myself and immensely annoyed at my stupid brain that had suddenly, and without warning, decided that then would be a good time for me to wing it. Well stupid brain...it wasn't.