Thursday, 3rd April, 2050

Gin & Turtle

Sensei,

I’m close – I can feel it. I still don’t know exactly what is happening but I will soon. I suspect the answers to our questions were hiding in plain view the entire time. I just need to find a way to coax them out. One thing is for certain; whatever this is, both Inran and X have a hand in it. I will update you of my progress in a week.

Jun


 

I couldn’t sleep last night my mind just kept going over and over what had happened that day. It’s not like he was actually mine or anything, but… I wanted him to be. I wanted him to want to be. Stupid Umi. What was so appealing about Umi anyway!? Sure he was small and cute and had an adorable smile…Actually, what wasn’t appealing about Umi? Well…If there was something,  a good friend, would warn Kame – and why shouldn’t I be that good friend; after all, he did confide in me – I’d say that meant we were pretty good friends, wouldn’t you? And Misuzu did give me those info sheets, and I was to study every last one of them…

Okay, this isn’t going as well as I planned. I know I left them somewhere…In the kitchen maybe... Nope. On the coffee table...Uh uh. Maybe they fell under my bed? …huh. Oh~ bugger. I really should have read them – or at least skimmed, like, one. Heh, who was Inran’s son again? Gulp! I’d never really looked at that picture Misuzu showed me either. The only way to find out would be to ask Misuzu, but that frigid old cow would definitely tell Inran that I was incompetent and then it would be my hide on the chopping block – maybe even literally. No. No, this can’t be happening to me! I have to go to school in an hour!

I couldn’t help it; I panicked.

 Crash! Bang! Clatter! I dug through everything frantically but there was still no sign of those blasted sheets. Mmmmph…

“Hey! -for-brains? Did I, or did I not tell you specifically Not to make a mess?”

“Shut up,” I growled at Misuzu as I stalked into my bedroom to rifle through the growing pile of crap that was once the contents of the room but was now more akin to the many pieces of a house after a tornado. “Looking for something?” I turned to glare at Misuzu. She had one of her eyebrows raised at me in that annoying, “you’re insane”, look that she carried off so well. “I can’t find my tie,” I lied. The expression stayed on her face as she turned slightly and bent to retrieve it from underneath a ruined book and a pair of orange boxer-shorts. “You were looking for the tie that was right in front of you?” She asked – seeming rather unconvinced.

“Yes! Okay. Even vampires can misplace things, sometimes!” Ties, Homework…important documents.

Misuzu snorted but otherwise seemed to accept my excuse, “Whatever, I came here to tell you something.”

“Yeah, don’t care. Ah~bu-bye.”

“Fine. I’ll just go tell Inran that you don’t care what happens to his son. I’m sure that one will go down swimmingly.”

“Hah, just kidding - naturally.”

“Naturally,” Misuzu said with a smirk on her manky gob. Stupid .

“I’ve to tell you to be careful. We have reason to believe that a hunter is after Inran’s son, if he spots you, it’ll cause problems Jin – the kind that will get you killed.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah…be careful, don’t blow my cover – got it. Bye.” I shoved her out of the door before she could form a coherent sentence and locked the door. I glanced over at the clock, 8:45, crap! I grabbed my stuff and sprinted out to my car.

 


…………

I don’t trust Jin. Something was definitely up today. It’s only a matter of time before I find out what. I need to keep a closer eye on him.

…………


 

Dear Journal,

I have decided what I am going to do; I’m going to school. I know X wouldn’t approve when there is a hunter lurking about but I have to steal Jin’s heart back – even if doing that means destroying someone in the process. No matter what, I can’t let Jin die for this. I will take out X’s spy and present him with the target and Jin’s replacement myself…I just hope Jin can forgive me.