Thursday, 10th April, 2050, First half

Gin & Turtle

I didn't sleep much last night. What Ace said was weighing pretty heavily on my heart. I suppose...because I knew it was true, well, part of it anyway.

I couldn't let people go.


I poured the contents of the measuring jug down my throat and wiped the crimson stain off my lips. Eating this way was like taking medicine: disgusting.

Alas, without it I would starve. I grabbed my car keys and shrugged on my blazer - Life is so much easier when you have a life to live. And as mine is currently on hold; it's getting rather complicated.


The sun shone brightly into the foyer of my aparment complex and a cool breeze sighed in through the open glass doors. As I got closer to the outside world the heated glare of the sun near blinded me - fried cornea anyone?

The haze lessened when I hit the open air but the breeze seemed colder, it tickled my nose, like peppermint. I walked lazily to my car and went to unlock the door, when something strong s itself around my waist and chest. I sighed heavily, it seems that maybe it's the past that just can't let me go, rather than the other way around. Either way, I turned my head to look at Ace - his face was buried in my neck and his mouth was open as he breathed deeply, taking in my scent, his breath a heated glacier on my skin. He ran his canines down my neck and I felt as though I could melt. Aish~! Why's it so hot out?

He nipped at my skin playfully and I felt my face flush with heat just under the surface. 

"Let me ride with you to school,"he pouted against my skin.

"You're quite nostalgic Inori-san, acting like this," I couldn't help a small smile forming on my lips.

"I-Inori-san? Eh, why are you using my last name? Huh? I've already told you my feelings. I want to be with you, can't you just give me this?"

I turned to him seriously, "Inori-san, the past is the past - and isn't it you who told me I should let go?"

"Awh! Not of me," Ace took hold of my hand and placed it on his chest,"Never of me."

I was silent while I mulled these things over in my head,"Aish~, get in the car."

He grinned at me.

"But keep your hands to yourself," I told him semi-sternley.

He chuckled and opened the car door.


I pulled up in the school car park and shut off the engine.

"Ace? What are you doing here?"

He thought for a moment before replying, " Honestly?"

"Honestly."

"I'm supposed to watch you and kill you if you try to stop them when they strike."

"And, what are you actually doing?"

"Right now? ...Right now I'm trying to win you back."

"Why?"

"I told you. I love you."

I shot him a skeptical look.

"I know I said that before. It was true then... and it's true now. I just tried to fool myself before, thinking I could forget you. But the truth is, I can never forget you." He studied my face earnestly.

I paused, gave a short nod and told him, " We'll see."

To be honest, he looked hurt.

It tweaked my heart.

I lent over him and kissed his forehead.

"Come on. Class'll start soon."

"Yeah."