Sometime later...

Gin & Turtle

Uggh... I felt like a brass band had set up camp in my head - a very out of tune brass band. I groaned once more and slowly squinted my eyes open. I was in some gangster’s warehouse or something, I wasn't sure if I was going to be beaten up or eh, "taken care of" - if you catch my drift.

The room I was in was tiny, surpassed only by the part of me that wasn't, completely, grossed out by the filth that I inhaled every second I spent here. There were soggy old boxes scattered everywhere, the walls sweated a feted green mush and a clan of rats had claimed a urine soaked throw pillow as their nest - its two lone sentries; a fat black thing and a scrawny brown one that looked as if it had been mauled half to death.

I tugged lightly on the chains that held my arms firmly aloft and a trickle of pain found its way down my spine, as well as a trickle of blood but that isn't important right now.

"You finished?" An all too familiar voice asked snidely.

I shivered. "Anya. Aren't you supposed to be dead?" I asked as if she were a particularly slow child.

She giggled acidicly, "Do I look dead?"

"Not yet," I smiled sweetly.

"Is that a threat?" She cooed.

"What did you do with Jun?" I asked, changing the subject - which is something that always annoyed Anya, specifically when she's trying to bate you into doing something that she wanted.

Anya pouted, " Jun who?" A flash of surprise ran through her face and she asked," The Hunter?" There was a second of silence, and then Anya erupted into fits of angelic laughter. I had always loved her laugh; though, it was only a ploy to lure in young men - a trick that even her sire had fallen for, as even in life Anya was a . She thrived on torturing people - playing mental games with them - but once she was done...So were you.

It took her a few minutes to calm down but when she had she was her normal sinister self, "Oh, don't worry I took care of him." She said a with chilling smile - no Hunter ever deserves to meet Anya.

"So it was Ace that clocked me on the back of the head then." I stated, wondering where her twin was.

"Mmh," she agreed, “Figured you wouldn't mind if it was him, 'sides, I hear you like it rough,” she gave me a teasing smile and my cheek. I pursed my lips, refusing to make eye contact as my face turned dark red; it wasn't a total surprise that Ace had told her, I don't imagine he has many morals to live by.

"Aawh, now what's with that face? Didn't you miss me?" He breathed in my ear. I felt a pair of firm hands grasp my shoulders and then slide down my back, along with Ace’s haughty gaze.  A warm shiver went down my spine and I bit my lip, remembering things I had once wished to forget.

I could feel my head being turned and looked up into Ace’s cat-like green eyes; warm and big now, but that was probably just the illusion he wished to give me in order to get his way with something – if I said no he’d just flip the switch and become cold, cruel and twisted. Ace brought his face closer, his lips were just about to touch mine and… Huh-Hum!

Ace stopped. He Sighed. Then he turned his head to look at his sister, who raised her delicate brows meaningfully, but said nothing. Ace rolled his emerald gaze and tutted softly. He his thumb gently over my lower lip, sending more of the warm shivers throughout my body.

“Such a waste,” he mused.

“Jesus, Christ.” Anya’s exasperation was what snapped me back to reality – and what a smelly reality it is. Anya walked forward and batted her brother away with the back of her hand, her blue eyes looked crystalline and icy, she was, every bit the ruthless killer that she had been conditioned to be.

“We have a proposition. Our boss wants you to give up Inran’s son and work for him, in exchange; he offers you his protection and will provide accommodations for you.” She said, sounding irritatingly professional.

“And when I refuse?” I questioned.

“The usual,” she waved her hand as if to swat at something bothersome.

“Why’s it always death with these people, whatever happened to banishment?” I complained.

“It went out with the middle ages,” she replied as if it were the most natural thing to discuss outdated punishments with your next likely victim. If any of you are wondering; no, it’s not.

“In that case, I think I’ll take my leave,” I said, slipping my wrists out of the shackles – neither of them looked very surprised, or tried to stop me…

I stopped at the door and turned to face them, “Aren’t you going to stop me?”

“No,” they said in unison, “You of all people should know Jin, this isn’t over – hasta pronto.”  To be honest I’d rather not see them at all, never mind “soon”, but if it meant that I could leave unharmed so be it; I’ll just have to be on guard against them – whoopee.



 

For anyone who doesn’t know: “hasta pronto” means “see you soon”

P.S. for future reference: if I am making a comment it will be in red, otherwise it is part of the story, thanks for reading!

Nyeh, ;P