Thursday, 10th April, 2050, Second Half

Gin & Turtle

A/N – I was looking over my wall history recently and noticed some stuff from rosered and it motivated me to stop being so lazy and write this chapter.

Heh, heh. Please forgive my laziness – Sumimasen! *90obow*

I know it’s been ages, so I’ll do a quick recap so that no one is confused as to what’s going on, okay, sumimasen.

Jin sees Kazuya and the next day is told he has to watch over the city lord (Inran)’s son by going to his school and befriending him. Jin doesn’t look at the picture of Inran’s son and loses it – meaning he has no idea who it is. It turns out that Kazuya goes to this school and is even part of the group that he has to befriend. Rakuto, an old boyfriend of Jin’s starts going to the school, Kazuya finds Rakuto and Jin in a rather compromising situation and concludes that they are lovers; when Jin tries to explain that they are not Kazuya confesses that he is gay and loves Umi. Umi is oblivious to Kazuya’s feelings and loves Jin instead; this creates conflict with Rakuto – who wants Jin back – and the two are constantly quarrelling over him. Also in the group is Jun, a vampire hunter, who goes missing after following Jin the night the vampire twins, Ace and Anya, kidnap Jin. Ace is also a past lover of Jin’s and is currently trying to win him back. However, Ace and Anya’s boss, X, wants Jin to defect and when he refuses, Ace starts to go to his school and Rakuto disappears.

 


‘Jinnie~’ Umi whined in my ear while I pretended to sleep. Even though I remained silent he didn’t get the message, and prodded me in the side several times.

‘Oi, leave him alone Umi,’ Naoki chastised and motioned Umi over to where he and Ishi were gossiping about Ace – who was sitting in front of me, pretending to listen to the teachers insane rant about maths.

Jun was still missing, though no one talked about it, and Yukiko was glued to Kazuya’s side – as usual – but saying nothing – again – as usual.

Rakuto hadn’t come to school, and with Anya god knows where; it worried me.

‘A kiss; to wake up my princess,’ I heard faintly before a pair of plush lips were pressed against mine.

My eyes shot open and I jerked my head up; breaking the contact. I glared angrily at Ace who smirked at me and blew me another kiss.

‘Stay away from me you ecchi,’ I growled.

Looking about, the teacher was gone and the girls had gone into full fangirl mode. My group, however, were staring at Ace in shock – with the exception of Umi, who was currently giving Ace a look that could have sent him 80ft under, never mind 6ft.

Ace didn’t seem bothered by any of it as he lent over the desk to whisper to me, ‘Just a preview of tonight,’ and winked before gathering his things and leaving for gym.

‘Oi, you stay away from my Jinnie you ert!’

I turned to look at Umi, who blushed, and chuckled at his cutely jealous behaviour. Kazuya’s behaviour after I showed Umi this attention, however, was not as cutely jealous as he glared daggers at me and mouthed, ‘we need to talk.’ Oh, joy. I hate “talks”, I never talk; it’s just the other person ranting at me – I’d had enough “talks” with Misuzu to know that I didn’t want to go to this one either.

Nevertheless, I let Kazuya pull me away from Ishi and Naoki at the end of the school day and shuffled after him until we were in a reasonably secluded corner. Kazuya looked at me silently and frowned. I waited for him to speak but the silence only stretched on until, finally, I opened my mouth to speak and he was spurred into animation.

Interrupting what I was about to say he blurted, ‘Do you love Umi?’

Flustered, I scrambled to catch the frazzled words escaping my mind, ‘Wha- no – why- no!’ I blushed at the globules of confusion that had tumbled out of my once very articulate mouth and looked off to the side.

‘Then, please, stop paying attention to him!’ As soon as he had spoken Kazuya looked away from my red face, mirroring my own look of discomfort.

‘Kame-chan, I can’t just… ignore him,’ I mumbled, playing with a few strands of my dark hair.

‘Yes, yes you can!’ He grabbed my shoulders, searching my face with an earnest gaze.

‘Isn’t it enough for me to not like him?!’

‘No, I don’t believe you. You do like him, don’t you?’ Kazuya’s voice turned shrill and accusing as he shook me by the shoulders.

‘No, I don’t like him – I like you!’

‘You- what?’ We each froze as the realisation of what I had just said hit us both.

 


I froze at Jin’s words. He. Liked. Kamenashi?

I felt my eyes fill as reality clawed at my heart. How could he love Kamenashi when I already loved him so much? Can he not feel my love?

 


A/N – Sorry it’s so short – sumimasen, please don’t kill me. Heh *nervous laughs* 

 I know I have been terrible for updating but with this, I intend to update regularly, Yay!

And at least – in this chapter – I’ve finally managed to move the main plot along. After all, an akame story shouldn’t begin and end without any actual akame; so here it is! The beginning of the, sometimes slightly awkward, akame moments.

<(O x O)> *meow*