Wednesday, 9th April 2050, Afternoon

Gin & Turtle

Rakuto's warning hung over my head like a dark cloud, it kept splashing over my thoughts making it hard to concentrate through the mist it was creating.

Shcool was almost over and I still hadn't seen Jun, or Rakuto - but I knew he was keeping his distance for a reason; a reason that, little did I know, would soon reveal itself.

It was just after lunch and we were walking back to class when I suddenly sensed a cool shiver run upp my spine, something dangerous was close. I tensed, ready to defend the group of unsuspecting boys.

"Jinne!"

"Yah!" I was pulled to the ground as Umi landed on top of me.

"Umi! Baka, get off."

"Aww, but Jinnie,"Umi pouted.

"No."

Umi puffed out his cheeks sulkily and I rolled my eyes at him. I turned and as I did I caught a glimpse of Kazuya's none to pleased expression...if he's jealous, I'mma slap him. I don't care how hot he is, I 'll do it.

Walking into class, I caught a familiar scent, it was cool, crisp and glazed over me like icing. Pausing briefly, I inhaled some of the icy-sweet smell. Mmm, smells like...smells like, Ace...Ace! I swerved and my head shot round to the front of the room where a grinning Ace stood, looking all too pleased with himself.

No, No!!!!!

This can't be happening. He can't be here. Rakuto was bad enough! Now, I seem to have swapped him for Ace! God, Buhdda, anyone who's listening...Help. Me.

My breathing quickened and all of a sudden my vision blurred, the next thing I knew, I was on the ground, people staring down at me with worried expressions, something warm was making its way down my jaw; then the world went dark.


My lids opened slowly, not welcoming the new found light into my retinas.

"Jinnie, daijoubou?"

"Mm? Yeah, yeah I'm fine,"Umi's tender voice seemed distant and the world, a little too bright.

"Hontoni?" Umi's large green eyes came into view, I love green eyes, they're so pretty. I reached out my hand and rested it on Umi's cheek, but something didn't feel quite right. Something about the eyes in front of me; wasn't quite right.

....Mint! Umi's eyes were like the budding leaves of springtime: these eyes were the colour of peppermint - sweet but cold...like the owners personality. I dropped my hand and with a blink of my eyes let the room come into focus.

Umi was in a chair next to me. Ace, was leaning over me. Iie, iie, this can't be happening. For all Rakuto's faults, I would take him any day over Ace. I felt sick, there was an unsettling cold feeling in my bowls, like I had swallowed an entire tube of toothpaste.

"What. Are you. Doing. Here," I asked him coldly.

"Now, now. Is that any way to treat your long lost lover? You wouldn't want anything to happen to your little spring kitten, would you?"

I clenched my jaw but held my tongue - did I want Umi gone? Yes. Did I want him dead or enslaved to those two? No.

Bugger.

"Good. Hop along little bunny,"He said turning to Umi, "I wouldn't want you to miss class because of us."

There was a look in Ace's eyes, one that I recognised but could not place. Umi seemed scared but for different reasons than other humans who have the displeasure of meeting Ace alone.

It made me wonder what he'd done. But there was no way in hell I'd ask him, he'd purposely twist it as an invitation to molest me.

"What's with that face? I came all this way just to see you baby."

I frowned, "Don't call me that."

He smirked, "Why not?"

Bastard, "I'm not your plaything anymore Ace," I warned.

He climbed on top of the bed and leaned over me - I wasn't exactly in the best defensive postion, "Really?" He grinned, raising a single brow elegantly in disbelif. He my lower jaw, "You know I like a challenge." He bit his lip and slowly leaned in to place a warm kiss on the top of my cheekbone.

Sitting back, he spoke honestly, "You know you can't let go of people Jin. It is the very reason you still allow Rakuto to touch you, even after all that he has done. I might be cruel, but my feelings are true. Can he say the same?"