Friday, 4th April, 2050

Gin & Turtle

I decided it was best to go with the nonchalant approach when coming into homeroom late. It wasn’t. I sauntered in (a good twenty minutes late) and took my seat. Umi immediately collapsed over me giving me a “hug”, trying to suffocate me more like!

“Jin-kun!” He cooed. “Come meet the new student, he says he knows you!” No matter my general feelings toward Umi it was really very hard to hate him when he was with you.

I snorted, “Yeah, right Umi, whatever you say.”

Umi pouted, “He really did say that. Maybe you do!”

“Doubt it.” Considering just about anyone I would care to know has been dead for several hundred years. Still, I let Umi drag me to the back of the classroom.

I walked behind Umi unhurriedly and didn’t really take anything in until he stopped; Oyo!

What the hell is Rakuto doing here!? I glared at Rakuto who seemed oblivious but I knew that he was watching me; I could see the smile in his eyes. I gritted my teeth then walked forward to “greet” him. When I reached his desk he finally turned his head in my direction, he gave me a happily surprised smile that we both knew was completely fake and stood up to greet me. We each bowed respectfully  and said “ohaiyou” to each other. Then he dropped the formalities altogether and the serious bubble that seemed to encompass him burst like so many soap bubbles.

He splayed his arms so I could see all of his uniform, “How do I look?!” He spoke as if he already knew my answer and puffed out his chest like a proud peacock.  In fact, he probably did know my answer: He looked hot. No doubt he would use this to his advantage at some point but for now, I could just enjoy the view, right? But for show; I tutted and shook my head in a solemn no. Rakuto’s face was priceless, he flung his eyes wide in shock and made one of the most hilariously high pitched sounds I’ve ever heard, “Eh….!!!” I couldn’t help it, I had to laugh. The whole group started to laugh and Rakuto puffed out his cheeks.

The bell went for the end of homeroom and I tried to grab Rakuto but stupid Umi got in the way! “Jin-kun! Let’s go this way!” He was in a very bubbly mood today, he gave me a huge smile before dragging me off towards P.E. I guess Rakuto would have to wait for later, but why was he here? Was he stalking me now? Because that’s just taking creepy to a whole new level. What’s worse is that Kamenashi thinks that we are together…this day can’t possibly get any worse – and it’s only 8:55.

 

It turned out that Umi’s way which was supposed to be a “shortcut” wasn’t that at all. In fact, he got lost. In his own school! Which he has been going to far longer than I have. So, we were five minutes late to P.E….the coach wasn’t happy. Umi and I got changed as quickly as we could and went out to meet the others.

There was someone I didn’t recognize with the others; there was something strange about him and the closer I got the stronger the feeling got. Umi skipped beside me as I walked and when we reached the group he wrapped his arms around one of mine; I could practically see the green emanating from Rakuto – jejejeje. Rakuto glared at Umi, who stuck his tongue out defiantly. Even with Umi and Rakuto to entertain myself with, I just couldn’t ignore the now increasingly familiar foreboding of feelings my instincts held towards this newcomer. I started to stare at this stranger, and Kazuya must have noticed because he gave me a funny look before introducing us, “Jin-kun, this is our other friend, Jun. Jun, this is Jin-kun.” Jun eyed me strangely before extending his hand for me to shake, “Hajimemae.” Something about the way he said it made the greeting seem more like a question.

“Get away from Jin or I’ll tear you limb from limb,” Rakuto hissed, making himself seem more serpentine. Umi blew a raspberry at Rakuto; at the same time, I whipped ‘round to scald Rakuto for being so careless in the presence of a- …of a hunter. That was the feeling! There aren’t many things that will set off a vampire’s sense of self preservation but Jun was making my instincts go mental – every nerve ending in my body was literally screaming at me to run from this baby of a hunter. My face fell slack in shock and my stomach felt like it had been punched so hard that my gut was in my throat.

“Get away from Jin!”

“No way! You get away from him!”

“Never! Stupid Umi, let go of Jin!”

“No!” Umi half whined half shrieked.

This went on for the rest of P.E. with each of them tugging at one  of my arms – my body can’t handle this constantly! – Help, Me!

 

I kept my distance from Jun all throughout P.E. and the changing rooms were no different, though…of course, it was made a lot easier for me by Rakuto and Umi who were staring at me as I started to change so I went into a cubicle to get changed. Lecherous lechers.

Once we had all changed Naoki called us into a huddled group, “Hey, I’m having a barbecue after school, wanna come?” We all agreed and Rakuto and Umi glared at each other in some silent battle, no doubt over something to do with me – they’re obsessed, and delusional!

 

After school: At Naoki’s House~

                                                    I rung the doorbell and an enthusiastically bouncing Umi opened the door to greet me, “Konnichiwa! …Jin-kun!!”

“Er, hi, Umi.” To be honest I wasn’t expecting him to be there yet…crap. “This way!” he chimed, dragging me out to the back of the house. I had decided before coming that I should put Kazuya straight about Rakuto and I before things got awkward, now that that nuisance was here. “K-“

“Jin!” Ugh…Rakuto. I slit my eyes towards him but he was his usual carefree self, typical. Rakuto stopped in front of Umi and I Mexican stand-off style. “Umi.”

“Rakuto.” I tried to slip away, but Umi’s grip on my arm became tighter. The tension in the air was palatable, and irritating. I sighed heavily in frustration as they continued like this. Then, finally, Rakuto took a step forward and the two started bickering. I rolled my eyes and slipped my arm out of Umi’s. I walked to a safe distance from my two fangirls and looked around for Kazuya. Hmm, I couldn’t see him anywhere. Maybe he went inside? I turned to go back into the house when Ishi motioned me over to him. He was standing in the shade with his lanky frame propped against the wall.

Ishi was peculiar, he interested me; so I decided to forget Kazuya for the moment and see what Ishi wanted.

“That's quite the following you have there.” His tone was its usual secretive self, which only made me all the more interested about what was going on in his head. It is always interesting to find someone that you can’t easily read, especially for a vampire.

I grunted, “‘Following’ being the operative word, they never leave me alone,” I complained.

“Well, you’re alone now…” Ishi said, stepping closer and shooting me a meaningful look before walking into the house. Intrigued, I followed.

 

Ishi walked into an upstairs room and turned to wait for me. Once I was in I kicked the door closed behind me and walked up to Ishi. He didn’t waste any time.

Ishi pulled me into his firm body and kissed me harshly. I responded to his soft lips immediately, only mildly surprised at Ishi orientation. I took control of the kiss and Ishi plump bottom lip lightly. He moaned softly, and I pushed him onto the bed.

How easy it would be to slice through his lip, or to rip a gory trail down his neck and the blood.  I felt my blood heat and I knew that my eyes had turned the dark red of fresh blood. I couldn’t resist it; I didn’t want to resist it. Slowly, I liked Ishi’s neck, feeling his throbbing pulse underneath. I raised my pulsating fangs and-

“Ishi!” Ugh, for the love of god, can I never get any peace!? …Just a nibble?

Ishi stilled for a moment at the intrusion, then sat up languidly and wrapped an arm around my waist. He pulled me over to him and kissed my neck, his breath blowing hot air onto my sensitive skin. I turned my head, afraid that they would see my eyes – I had to wait for them to go back to normal, and Ishi’s warm body pressing into mine wasn’t helping.

“What’s going on in here?” Demanded Jun with the tone of the Spanish inquisition in his voice. For the love of god Ishi, get away from me!

 

Naoki, who had been the first intruder, ran out of the room. Ishi followed quickly after him. I turned my eyes back to their usual brown as soon as I the heat from Ishi’s body left mine. I didn’t say a word to Jun as I got up to leave. I made it past him before he grabbed me and threw me against the wall. My head shot back and hit the plaster with an audible THWACK! Leaving me somewhat dazed as my brain rattled loosely about my head.

I moved, as if unfazed, to the side to leave but his hand slammed into the wall beside my head. I had to turn my body sharply to face him before his new proximity trapped me between him and the wall. “Don’t think I’ll let you get away that easily, vampire.” He spat the last word like a curse. Insolent human! Hunter or not, this one was no match for me. But, before I teach him a lesson…I think I’ll have some fun.

I raised my leg, put the back of my foot against the wall and wrapped my arms around Jun’s (if that was even his real name) neck, pulling him so close that our lips almost touched. “Is that so…?” I tilted my head back slightly as I pressed our lips closer – thankfully, years of practice allowed me to do everything without bursting out in laughter at his reactions. The nervousness was obvious on this misguided boy’s face as I my lips suggestively at him. Ha ha ha! He looked like a deer that was ready to bolt. “Maybe I didn’t want to leave,” I purred into his ear as I traced my finger delicately down the side of his face, which he could no longer stop from turning scarlet. I wanted so badly to laugh.

“Jin!”

“Jin-kun!” Umi and Rakuto burst into the room without even a second thought.

“J- Oh…” Rakuto took in what was happening the quickest and a grin spread across his face – trust him, dirty bastard.

Umi’s cute little face showed surprise and he put his hands to his mouth as he gasped and hurt showed up in his eyes.

Heh, awkward…