Saturday Morning, 29th March, 2050

Gin & Turtle

Ding!

I opened my eyes slowly and tried to clear the sleep from my fog riddled brain. Luckily, I had some help in the form of hot blood. Mmmm, AB. My favourite, and the most unpredictable - which is why I favored it, you never really know what you are going to get. I sat up slowly, letting more of the glorious scent waft up my nostrils. My mouth started to water and I felt compelled to follow the smooth tendrils that had so enticingly found me.

They led me to the kitchen - it was a very modern kitchen; sterile, with smooth curvatures and gleaming surfaces. I stooped as soon as I entered the room, shocked out of my daze. A vampire, one older than me, stood with his head tilted back gulping down a hot jug of blood! His aura filled the room and I recognized it immediately. Rakuto!

Crap! Please don't have noticed me, if there is a god - Rakuto won't notice me. I crept slowly out of the kitchen, not making a single sound. Once  he was out of view I turned the right way round and- "Ahhh!"

"Hahahahahahaha, you honestly thought that I wouldn't hear you?! Oh Jin, my love, I knew the exact moment you woke up." Rakuto smiled at me lovingly and my cheek. I tried my hardest to keep my face impassive but he detected the small changes within me that I couldn't possibly hope to control. "ah...all these years and I still have that effect on you. Mmmm..." I felt a traitorous blush creep up my face and settle on cheeks. I averted my eyes and turned around so that my back was to him, if I can't see him, he can't affect me - or notice that I'm blushing.

I felt a strong pair of arms enfold me and the scent of cinnamon fill me. Involuntarily, I melted back into his touch. He took my chin in his hand and turned my head towards him. This was exactly the way it used to be...they way it should be. I gazed into his dark, velvety brown eyes and didn't realize that we were getting closer until his lips touched mine. I close my eyes, enjoying the intimacy. His lips were so soft, so warm. It felt right, he felt like- No! What am I doing!?! My eyes flew open and I shoved him away from me so hard that I stumbled back and fell onto the hard laminate floor. "S-stay away from!" Even I knew that my voice sounded shaky and unconvincing. "You know you don't mean that. You want my touch, you crave it."

"No, No you tricked me. You tricked me, and now he's dead!"

Rakuto sighed,"Not this again, my sweet."

"Yes "this" again! It's all your fault! You tricked me and they killed him!!" I could feel the warm tears flooding my eyes, readying themselves to spill down my cheeks. There was an ache in my heart and my throat felt like it was going to close up on me.

"Don't be like that ma pet. You know I couldn't refuse that job. Inran's not the kind to forgive and forget."

"Well neither am I," I shouted back at him like a petulant child. "Now get out!"

"but-"

"Out!"

He gave me a defeated look and almost whispered,"Fine. I will go for now. But this isn't over. I will always love you Jin." And with that Rakuto turned and left.

I felt odd once he had gone. I felt betrayed and heartbroken all over again, but...I also fell alone, and I found myself missing him slightly. God! Why does he do this to me?! Why have I fallen for the Devil?!?