Thursday, 17th April, 2050

Gin & Turtle

 “I go to school if I bloody well like!”

“Jin, get your back here!”

Umi ran at me as I dashed about the living room, not having my school uniform anyway but not caring either.

“Stupid Umi, you can’t tell me what to do, meh!” I yelled, sticking my tongue out at him and pulling a face.

Umi raised an eyebrow at my childish retort and rolled his eyes. Then, all of a sudden, he leapt across the room at me. I had barely enough time to give out a squawk of surprise before he had tackled me to the hard wooden floor.

“Ow! Get off me you fatty; you’re heavy.” I complained.

“Do you promise not to run off if I let you?”

“I won’t dignify that question with an answer. Of course I will.”

“Ha-ha, you answered.”

“Shut up.” I frowned.

“Aw, don’t pout. Poor baby,” he cooed mockingly.

“ you.”

“Alright but you bottom.” He said, sounding far too serious for my liking.

I rolled my eyes from my place underneath him and pushed him off of me. Sighing deeply, I stood and brushed myself off.

“Why must you be so difficult?” I asked.

“About what; I said I’d sleep with you.”

“Not that,” I snapped, “I’m talking about not letting me out. You won’t even let me go to my own flat for god’s sake!”

I threw my hands in the air for emphasis before I turned away from him and crossed my arms, pouting like a petulant child.

I heard shuffling behind me as he moved closer. He put his hand on my shoulder and said, “Jin, you can’t go back there. There’s a bounty on your head…and mine.”

As he finished talking I felt something in me shatter; everything was different now. Everything was changing again. A change this big hasn’t happened to me in centuries and I have to say that I am not prepared in the slightest for it.

 “He can’t have…I have a job to do,” I stated dumbly.

Umi sighed, patting my shoulder, “He has Jin. Whatever you were there to do another will complete.”

“How do you know my jobs at school huh?” I joked lamely.

“Well I didn’t think you were hanging out there for the fun of it,” he laughed softly.

“What are we going to do?” I asked, turning to him.

“Kidnap someone and use that against Inran?” He laughingly suggested.

And that’s when something clicked.

“Oh my god! You’re right!” I exclaimed happily.

“I am?” He asked worriedly.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!! Don’t you see it?”

“Um…no.”

I sighed exasperatedly as I reared my head wildly. “His son!”

“Whose son?”

I face-palmed as I stared at him stupidly.

“Please try to keep up; my job – my job was to protect Inran’s son. Isn’t it obvious? We can kidnap him and use him as leverage to get out of this city alive!”

“You know who Inran’s son is?” he asked in shock.

“Uh…Well…no.”

He stared at me like I had grown an extra head on the end of my nose, “Right…So your plan is…?”

“Find out who it is?”

“Okay…Well, it’s a good plan in theory but for that one small flaw that we’ve mentioned; however, I may have a way to fix that.”

“Really? How?” I exclaimed.

 “As you clearly don’t know, I’ll tell you,” I sent him an irritated glare, “The boy isn’t just Inran’s son, he is also X-sama’s son.”

I snorted, “Don’t be stupid Umi, then X would have to be a women – because Inran sure as hell isn’t.”

He looked at me like I was a particularly challenged child and said, “Yes,” very slowly while nodding.

“Oh!”

“Finally.”

“Shut up.” I growled. “Wait, so why is she trying to kill her own son?”

“Kill? What the hell are you talking about? She’s trying to protect him from Inran!”

“That’s not how I heard it.”

I yelped as he suddenly slapped me across the back of the head. I rubbed my sore head quietly, sulking.

“I’m going to ignore your stupid comments from now on and tell you my plan. If we cam convince X that we are not in fact on Inran’s side as my freeing you and your working for him has led her to believe then she could save us.”

“Uh-huh, and how do you propose we do that without her killing us first?”

“I was getting to that; first, we kidnap Ace and torture her son’s identity out of him. Second, we kidnap her son, and thirdly, we kidnap her son and make her meet with us to get him back where we then convince her of our innocence.”

“…I like it.”

23:00, Miruu Park~

I watched from my perch as the pale figure stumbled out of the mutinous trees as they conspired to end her life rather than to save it. Hot blood fell from her open wound onto the grass below creating an unmissable trail straight to her whimpering form. She panted away her strength as she tripped and fell to the cold earth, her body spent.

A dark figure entered the circular clearing, its eyes glowing in the dark demonically. It hissed as it crouched, searching its victim menacingly. It gave out a small chuckle as she whimpered; she knew she was going to die…and he loved it, the fear. He took the air in in heavy draughts as he relished these last few moments before he pounced on her frail body.

He tore violently at her neck, making her cry out. He was gripping her shoulders in a bruising hold as he drained her viciously.

I waited until he was finished before I hopped out of the tree I had been sitting in and called out to him. When I did his head whipped up to look at me and with large eyes full of emotion he stumbled towards me: my own victim.

“Jin?”

I smiled without sincerity. “Hello Ace.”

He stood frozen. Staring at me as if he thought he might be seeing things and I might vanish any second.

I held my arms open to him and like a fool he walked forward.

Before he reached me my all too willing partner injected him with a needle of  drugs, making him fall to his knees like a broken doll. And just before he passed out he looked up at me with hurt in his green eyes.

Umi’s safe-house~

I kicked Ace – who was tied to a chair – as his head moved about groggily until he was fully awake.

He frowned, “Jin.” He said my name in a way that summarised all of his thoughts at once.

“Okay, I can see you’re not in the mood so I’ll get straight to it; who is X’s son?”

“I don’t know,” he replied indignantly.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Umi cut in with the same question that I was about to ask.

“I thought you knew,” Ace said, his attention completely focused on Umi now.

“No; I thought you knew.”

“Oh.” Ace chuckled.

I scowled and punched him in the face. “Yah! This isn’t funny.”

“Sorry.”

“Then who does know?” Umi asked.

“Kazuya of course – though I had thought that he would have told you.”

“Kazuya knows?” I asked, my voice coming out small like the ignored child in an argument.

 “Great, we’re definitely going to die then.”

“Eh! How?”

“That guy is almost never out in the open. Unless we were at school – which is suicide at this point – then we could never kidnap him.”

“Ah.” I felt my hope deflate and at the same time I only wish that we could go to school, I missed Kazuya.

“Jin. I love you, so I’ll do it.”

“Huh?”

“I will kidnap Kazuya Kamenashi for you.” He smiled triumphantly.

 “…Or; we could just kidnap all three of the remaining boys – it has to be one of them.” I said, turning away from Ace to talk to someone with a little more sense, Umi.

 “I’ll do it!”

 “I only know where Naoki lives though,” said Umi.

“Mmh, same.”

“Besides, Kazuya will have someone watching his house in case we show up there.”

“Good point; too risky.”

 “Anya will do it.” Ace piped up.

 “Maybe we will really have to try and kidnap Kazuya first; it would make everything a lot simpler, even if he doesn’t tell us who it is.”

I sighed, “I suppose you’re right.”

“Jun could do that! He’d never see it coming.”

 “What?” Umi and I asked him in unison.

We stood in stunned silence before Umi asked, “Why the hell would that hunter do anything we ask?”

Ace smiled like the simpleton he was, “Anya turned him.”

“Right…and the inclination to help us comes from where…?”

“Please, that idiot will do anything she asks,” said the idiot. “He’s practically her little pet: he calls it love, I call it an idiot trying to get with my sister.”

“Okay, then Jun it is.”


 

A/N~ Hey guys! I'm going on hiatus as of tomorrow until the Summer to study for my exams so this will be the last update until then. If anyone unsubscribes I'll understand.

Queen.