Thursday, 27th March, 2050

Gin & Turtle

The world can be a tiresome place when you are by yourself. Even the most social of creatures can feel alone. After all, we are born alone and we die alone. And it is with this mentality that I had embarked in my first slumber. It was a short, peaceful time that lasted no more than 50 years or so. When I awoke it was to alien things and alien beings and I had the horrifying sense of displacement - like none of it was real, like I was still sleeping, stuck in a dream that I couldn't get out of!

But that was then, and this is now...

 

I released the cretin in my arms and slowly my lips, making sure to get all of the blood off of them. Not only did it impede my hunting if I didn't but I also don't like the thought of wasting my food - after all that is what I was brought up with, old habits die hard, you know?

I dragged his chilled carcass over to a large skip and hid him amongst the wood lice and maggots at the bottom - I doubt he would have minded, besides, it was the most befitting place for garbage like him. Feeling quite satisfied with my meal, I walked out of the dark alley - out of this putrid dump that serves as a hiding place for the worlds criminals - and into the much classier Janburu District.

I walked to Misashima park and found somewhere quiet to sit. I feel so bored, so disinterested in this measly existence. I want someone to share it with. I want someone so desperately to share my life with, but will anyone ever except me for who I truly am?

Sometimes I imagine that my life had turned out differently, that I had died all those years ago and I'm always left wondering will I ever be happy again. I sat like that for a while, in solemn thought - my throat aching and my body feeling numb and hollow, until a sound floated to me on the soft breeze in the night air.

So sweet, so angelic - I had to find out what it was! Standing up, I  in a deep breath and concentrated my senses to following the sound. They led me out of the clearing and into the trees. I closed my eyes and let only my ears lead me, I felt around me with my mind for obstacles and for the mysterious creatures mind - I'm certain it must be a human; the closer I got, the more it resembled singing to my straining ears.

I stopped just before the edges of the trees and opened my eyes. Instantly, I was glad I had come here tonight, glad that I had chosen to follow this sound because the boy before me was like an angel come straight from heaven - if there is such a place. His eyes were closed, his hair curling about his head perfectly and out of his beautiful mouth was the glorious sound that had led me to him.

I could imagine us together so clearly. I imagined taking his smooth, masculine chin in my hand and tilting it up till his soft plush lips met mine. I shook the image out of my head - promising to re-create it with him later - and refocused myself on what he was doing now.

His song was coming to an end and I fought the urge to go out and talk to him - even though it is what I wanted to do so desperately - I could sense that this was a private moment and I didn't want to upset him. So instead, I watched him. I watched him quietly as he finished and lay back on the cool stone bench beneath him - he seemed in no hurry to return home, despite the fact that it was almost dawn - and fell into sleeps warm embrace. I didn't want any harm to befall him so I stayed where I was and watched over his sleeping form in the early hours of the morning until, unwillingly, I slipped into the sullen darkness of a dream.