Looking At Our Future

The Lawsuit (Story On Hold)

Only an hour had passed and more news had come through about artists leaving. Super Junior was the latest to leave the company meaning only SHINee and TVXQ remained. They intended to keep it that way as they had no plans to disappoint the fans. However Jonghyun couldn’t help but think. What if they did split? Would they move to a different company? Would they even stay together? We worst bit was he had no where that he could really go to.

“What’s troubling you Jonghyun?” Onew had come down from his bedroom to get something to eat when he caught sight of the dinosaur sat alone in the living room staring into nothingness.

“It’s nothing hyung.” Jonghyun wasn’t too great at lying. Onew smiled to himself and took a seat next to him with his hand on his back for support.

I’m just worried about our future. If we don’t stay as SHINee where do I go? You and Key are a hit on stage so you both would go into musicals probably. As for Minho, he’s great at sports so he could join a sports team or even become a new member of Running Man as he’s already been on it twice before. Taemin is great at acting and he could easily get a main role for the next big drama series... But where do I go?” Jonghyun sighed and placed his head into his hands. Not only was it frustrating but also embarrassing for him. He was literally the idol with no agenda and if SHINee vanishes then so does Kim Jonghyun.

“Don’t think like that! Weren’t you the one who said we won’t split up?” Key walked into the living room from the kitchen. He often spent time there cooking or finding new ideas for meals when he needed to relax. He was truly an umma figure. Key wrapped his arms around Jonghyun and Onew, crushing Jonghyun in a Key-Onew sandwich. “Cheer up grumpy pants!”

“Key’s right, and if we did split up we would always help you to find something you can carry forward.” Key gave the leader a glare.

“But we’re NOT splitting so I don’t see any reason to do that... Right Onew?”

“Y-Yeah exactly!” Onew pushed his soft, dark brown hair back so it gained a bit more height. “Cheer up neh?” Jonghyun slowly looked up to catch Minho who headed for the door in a gray jacket and a blue baseball cap.

“Where you off too Minho?” Jonghyun asked the silent rapper who didn’t stop walking.

“Taemin has been out for quite a while so I’m going to look for him.”

“He’s probably just walking around trying to let the news sink in” Onew smirked at how much Minho cared for Taemin. They were close like two peas in a pod. They always knew if one needed the other and always found each other when they needed to.

“Unless my baby has been seen by fans and he’s slowly suffocating by all the fan girls hugging him or~”

“Yo Kimbum! Chill! I’m sure he’s fine. Stop worrying about everything and get back in the kitchen!” Jonghyun laughed at his own joke seeing Key’s face doing another diva pout.

“If you don’t show me respect I’m sending you to bed without supper!” Key poked Jonghyun in the side for revenge from before and walked back into the kitchen as Minho walked out of the door ignoring his hyungs. Minho did his best to believe they would stay together forever but he knew very well that all good things come to an end. He just prayed that his good thing would hold on that little bit longer. With his head down he headed to town in the search for his Taemin.


Junsu and Yoochun exchanged looks still trying to take in the fight that just exploded in-between their hyungs. “Junsu maybe we should... You know...” Yoochun kept his voice low, almost in a whisper, to make sure the TVXQ members didn’t hear and wouldn’t notice them leaving. Junsu nodded in agreement. A few minutes ago they were driving with a very excited Jaejoong who couldn’t sit still, and now they felt that everything they came for was completely gone.

“Yeah good idea. Let’s find Jaejoong before he wonders too far and gets lost.” The two stood up to take their leave but Changmin who was looking down at the floor in shock had jumped off the sofa and was now clinging onto their arms in desperation.

“No hyungs wait! Don’t go just yet! Stay a bit please? I can’t stand to see us all split again! We were all happy before! Why does it have to change so quickly!?” Although Changmin was currently 25 years old he was clinging onto his hyungs like a young child would cling to their parents on the first day of school. He couldn’t stand to see the scene that was unfolding before his eyes.

“Min’s right. Stay for a bit.” Yunho turned around with anger still in his eyes. Now that he had dealt with Jaejoong he was ready to sort out Jaejoong’s helpers. “How long have you been planning this?”

Yoochun couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “What the hell are you talking about!? We didn’t plan any of this stupid that’s happening to SM so just let it go!”

Yunho almost lost it and stepped closer to him trying hard not to clench his fist in anger. "I’ve heard enough to~”

“You’ve heard only what your ears wanted you to hear! You’re not thinking properly! Jaejoong was happy to see you again because he missed you! Not because he wanted to con you both out of TVXQ!” Junsu stood firmly next to Yoochun with his arm around Changmin who was trying not to show tears.

“H-Hyung...” Changmin finally found his voice and looked at Yunho directly in the eyes. “I believe them hyung. Let’s get Jaejoong back and listen to what he had to say.” Yunho sighed, the fight was knocked out of him, and there was too much going on in his head right now.

“Y-Yeah you’re right Min. I wasn’t being fair.” Yunho took his phone from his pocket and scrolled down to find Jaejoong’s name. He knew it was the right thing to do but he didn’t want to do it for two reasons. One: He still had anger built up in him and he was scared he would take it out on Jaejoong. Two: It was highly unlikely that Jaejoong was going to listen to him anyway. He dialled the number and waited, praying that Jaejoong would pick up.

“What do the hell do you want?” Jaejoong spat his words through his mobile; Yunho could already imagine his face, red full of anger no doubt.

“Jaejoong hyung.  I was being unfair. Come back and we can talk neh? I don’t wait to fight with you! If I could physically take the slap back I could! I take it all back! Come back Jaejoong!” Before he knew it Yunho was shedding tears in front of the other three members who waited anxiously to hear what Jaejoong was going to say. He regretted hitting Jaejoong. He knew that Jaejoong was most excited to see him and what had he done to return his feelings; hit him!

“I don’t want to talk to you right now ! Do me a favour and delete my number!” Before Yunho could say anything more Jaejoong had hung up on him. That was enough to send Yunho into action. Without a second thought he grabbed his coat from the hall and ran out of the dorm in a frantic search for Jaejoong. He was desperate to make it up to him.

“What the was I thinking!? He comes all over here after all these years and I do nothing but shove it back in his face!” Yunho didn’t stop running, the sooner he found Jaejoong, the sooner he could make it up to him. He knew he was a fool what he had done but all this drama with SM just sent him over the edge. “I should have left with them at that time. We would all be happy!”