Envelope Of Grief

The Lawsuit (Story On Hold)

Jonghyun ran with his arms wrapped around a panicking Key to guide him to safety down the road. After they got around the corner they could see Yunho, Onew, Minho, and Taemin who were two thirds down the street, leaning on a building catching their breaths. Minho had his arms wrapped firmly around Taemin who was shaking and sobbing in fear.

“Is everyone ok?” Jonghyun caught up with them and allowed Key to sit down, he had almost lost all strength in his legs. Taemin pulled away from Minho to cuddle close to his hyung, who happily took him into his arms and gently rocked him to calm him down. Yunho looked around seeing his band members nowhere in sight.

“Where the hell is Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin?” Onew looked at Jonghyun who also turned around realising they hadn’t caught up with them yet. Everyone had a blank expression on their faces as they looked around wondering what to do.

“T-They told us to run and they’d catch up with us!” Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck and bit his bottom lip in thought. “What do we do hyung? Should we go back?” He looked at Yunho who was slowly walking back towards the dorm.

Minho shook his head and took a step forward. “It’s too dangerous. What if the men have already come around and found their senses?” Taemin quickly got up.

“They could be in trouble then! We have to go back!” Taemin ran towards Yunho to get to the dorm, but Minho suddenly grabbed his arm pulling him back.

“If we go back then they could capture us too. We can’t let ourselves be caught so easily!” Key looked up slightly annoyed at Minho’s words. How could he not want to go back to help them in a time like this!?

“So we just let them be taken by the men after they saved us!? What kind of plan is that!?”Key spat at Minho who turned to glare at his hyung.

“It’s a bloody good one! Let’s just tell the police~”

“YOU KNOW WE CANT DO THAT MINHO!” Jonghyun pulled Minho off Taemin and looked him in the eye. “This guy knows more than we can imagine, and telling the police would just lead to Jaejoong hyung being hurt or worse!”

“I’m not leaving them with those guys!” Yunho walked towards his dorm while SHINee looked at him in shock. Surely he wasn’t planning to take them on by himself was he? Onew ran past his band members and stood in front of Yunho.

“Hyung listen to me! I know you don’t want anyone to be hurt but we can’t go in without a plan. They could be safe, they could be caught, either way we just have to trust their words that~” Onew was suddenly cut off by the ear piercing sound of screeching tires. They all looked behind them to see a black van that they had seen parked outside of TVXQ’s dorm, quickly advancing towards them at unbelievable speed.

“GO! COME ON GET MOVING!” Jonghyun ran to Key, pulled him up off the pavement and ran, pulling him by the hand. Everyone quickly began running as fast as they could to try to get away from the van that was quickly catching up to them. There were no alleyways or streets that they could turn into; it was just a long road so they had no choice as to where they could run besides forward.

“They gonna get us!” Taemin gulped trying to stop his tears, as he ran with Minho and Onew, firmly holding his hands pulling him down the street. Sure enough, after only a few seconds of running the van pulled onto the pavement blocking the idols. Key shrieked in surprise as Yunho accidently ran into the side of the van, bouncing back onto the hard ground with a grunt of pain.

The door of the van quickly opened and revealed a tall thin figure. But this figure was someone they knew. Everyone sighed in relief as Changmin jumped out and pulled Yunho onto his feet. “Don’t waste time! Get in the van hurry!” Everyone did as he said and closed the doors, as the van that was being driven by Yoochun quickly made its way down the road.

Changmin, Yunho and, Minho took the middle row of seats and behind them Onew sat Taemin on his knee (as there were only eight seats in the van) and wrapped his arms around him to make sure he didn’t slip off his legs. Jonghyun and Key sat next to them looking out the back window to make sure they weren’t being followed.

“We thought you guys had been caught! You worried us to death!” Yunho took Changmin in his arms and squeezed him tightly in a hug. His breath was short and shaky as he tried to stop himself from crying. He couldn’t believe he almost lost another three of his band members. Losing Jaejoong was already torture on his emotions.

“Sorry we scared you back there. We borrowed the van after I found a set of keys on one of the guys; I thought it would be quicker than running everywhere.” Yoochun explained to his hyung while he drove further away from the dorm. Junsu turned around to show a cut on his lip.

“Hyung you didn’t hurt yourself when you ran into the van did you?” Yunho quickly grabbed some cloth that was in the van and handed it to Junsu seeing his injury. His eyes widened at the sudden display of the wound, blood was slowly reaching the surface of his lips, making its way onto Junsu’s chin.

“Yah, what happened to you? Are you ok?” Junsu took the tissue and dabbed away the blood, nodding to reassure his hyung.  “Did those guys do that to you!?” Yunho leaned forward and put this thumb on Junsu’s lip to examine it fully. It wasn’t a big gash in his lip, yet it was damaged done to his friend and that was enough to want Yunho to kick the responsible one into next week.

“Hyung I’m fine. It’s nothing too bad. It was just when that last man hit me, no big deal.” Junsu dabbed his lip again and turned to face the road. His face scrunched up in pain as he dabbed the wound. The truth was it was bad and hurt like hell but He wasn’t going to let Yunho see that, he couldn’t stomach the risk of causing him more worry right now.

“I-I think we lost them!” Taemin turned around on Onew’s lap and bit his sleeve in nervousness. Key, who was trembling in Jonghyun’s arms, quickly took his son’s hand and pulled it away from his mouth.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” Onew looked at the maknae who was trying not to tear up again. Taemin wasn’t even sure if he had any tears left. Jonghyun leaned forward to look at Taemin with his puppy eyes trying to get the young singer to cheer up.

“It’s just... It’s scary. I don’t wanna be doing this! I want to wake up to find this is all just a terrible dream!” Taemin buried his head in Onew’s neck and cuddled him, thinking that if he let go Onew would just vanish. Minho turned around to see the scene and clenched his fists, anger was building up and was about to lose his temper. First his hyung is taken away by some mysterious psycho and his men, he then almost met the same fate as Jaejoong along with Key, Taemin, and Changmin, and to make it worse Taemin was completely missing the various gestures about how much he cared for him.

Jonghyun looked around the van and bit his lip. Taemin again had forgotten the teddy again, it was the only thing that would calm him down, but in the rush of the attack he had completely forgotten it. “Taemin, where’s the teddy Minho bought for you?” Taemin’s head quickly shot away from Onew’s neck, he looked at Minho who turned around in a mix of disbelief and anger.

“I-I left it in the dorm... I didn’t have time to~”

“Are you freaking kidding me!?” Minho raised his voice at Taemin for the first time in his whole life; Taemin looked down incapable of meeting with his hyung’s furious gaze.

“Everything I do for you is pointless! You don’t even appreciate the fact I risked getting my torn apart by the fans by going up town~”

“That’s enough!” Onew cuddled Taemin who started sobbing again. He couldn’t believe he left the teddy for the second time. Of course he loved it very much which was part of the reason he was crying, the other side was due to the stress of the terrifying situation. “I know you’re upset about him leaving your gift but there are more important things right now! So leave him alone!”

Minho felt like part of him had just been painfully ripped out from inside of him. He just yelled at Taemin, he’d never yelled at Taemin before, he never wanted to yell at him it just happened. His feeling were building up too much that he felt himself becoming a terrible mess.

“Let’s just calm down, we are a good distance away from the SM area now so let’s pull up into a hotel and spend the night there .It’s getting late anyway and we need to plan what we do. Going back to SM isn’t an option right now. They can manage without us for a little while.” Yoochun had enough of the bickering and pulled into a quiet street to hide the van. Everyone got out of the van and shivered as the cold night air hit their faces.

Jonghyun put his coat around Key’s shoulders causing Key to shiver with his touch. He was almost certain that Jonghyun was trying to tell him something through his actions. Was it really true about Jonghyun caring so much about him? Was it more than he imagined?

His thoughts were cut off; Taemin had locked hands with his for comfort, and was beaming a smile at his umma to show he was trying to be brave. Key admired the young boy’s courage; he was terrified yet he wanted to do all he could to be brave and help his hyungs. That was the true courage of a man.


When they checked in to the nearest hotel they were happy to see it was very quiet. It even seemed that they were the only guests for the night, not that it was very surprising; the hotel wasn’t exactly luxurious at all. The green wallpaper had faded to a dark mossy green and the edges of the dark gray carpets were ripped in some places. Never the less, they were safe here as no one would think nine idols would stay at a shabby place like this.

“Right we have three rooms so let’s share three to a room. I’ll take Junsu and Changmin, Minho and Onew will go with Yoochun, and Jonghyun will go in the final room with Key and Taemin. Sound good?” Yunho handed out the other room keys to Jonghyun and Minho who nodded in agreement. Everyone headed into their rooms leaving Yunho, Key, Yoochun, and Jonghyun to talk about the actions to take in an emergency.

Taemin looked around the room on his own. There were two beds so he couldn’t help but want to share with Key; after all he had such a bond with him that it wouldn’t be weird at all, it was just a family thing. The walls had pale gray walls, which were possibly white at first, and a dark blue carpet that needed nothing short of a good clean. Taemin scrunched up his face in disgust; he didn’t want to be here at all, it was far too tattered for his liking.

Feeling his eyes starting to water again, Taemin went to the bathroom and washed his face with the water, trying to freshen up. Not only did it fail but he swore he may have swallowed some of the water by mistake causing him to cough, and reach for a towel to wipe his face.

As he came out of the bathroom he noticed something that he passed before. There was a white envelope on the bed, but no name wrote on it to say who it was for. Curiosity got the best of him and he opened it pulling out a note that read “Back out now or you’ll end up like him.” Confused as to “him” was referring to, Taemin looked in the envelope to find a picture, as soon as he realised what he was looking at he ran to the hall, and into the arms of Key who was surprised by Taemin’s sudden appearance.

“What’s wrong Taeminnie? Did you see a spider? Appa will kill it if you’re scared.” Taemin shook his head and handed Jonghyun the note and picture he found in the room, still clinging onto his umma. Yunho, Yoochun, and Jonghyun stood in shock as they experienced nothing short of their worst nightmare.

The sickening picture showed Jaejoong with his arms and legs bound to a chair, with red marks all around his face and various cuts on his lips and near his eyes. A man had hold of Jaejoong’s hair that forced him to look at the camera with tearing and pleading eyes. He looked warn out from his beating; his eyes were begging to close, and his hair was so messy, it was hard to believe this was the Jaejoong that they all knew and loved.

Yoochun couldn’t hold back his tears for long; he began weeping into his hands but was soon confronted by Yunho, who also started crying at the sight of his poor Jaejoong. Not long after seeing the picture, the others came out into the hall, holding the same not am picture Taemin had found, with a look of shock, disgust, and in Minho’s case fury.

“Those sick...” Minho bit his lip stopping himself from losing his temper again. It was bad enough he’d yelled at the poor Taemin, he didn’t want to scare him into not liking him altogether.

“We can’t stay here!” Onew finally spoke up, his voice slightly cracking from the devastating gift left for them. Everyone looked at each other agreeing with SHINee’s leader.

“They left them here for us to find, he knows we would come here, the men are probably on their way!” Changmin started to panic and grasped hold of his hair in range. “We have to get out of here! We walked right into a trap!”

Yunho took told of Taemin and walked with him down the hall, cuddling him as he sobbed into his sleeve. “It’s gonna be ok Tae. We’ll get out of here right now.”

“Let’s get out of here, find a new hotel with some people this time and~” Junsu was cut off by the sound of Jonghyun’s phone ringing. Everyone turned around and froze in fear as he looked at the screen.

“Who is it Jonghyun?” Minho looked at his hyung who was staring at his phone in outrage. Jonghyun raised his phone to show the screen with “unknown” in the centre.

“Who do you think it is?” He answered bluntly before answering the call, putting it on loudspeaker.

“Well, I see you managed to escape my men, but were there any need for such violence?” The voice mocked them before breaking into a laugh.

“YOU TALK ABOUT VIOLENCE BEING WRONG, AFTER BEATING JAEJOONG AND LEAVING THE PHOTOS?” Yunho barked down the phone, causing everyone around him to flinch.

“So you saw the pictures? You must be at the hotel then am I right?” The man replied causing Yunho to cover his mouth in shock. How could he have been so stupid!? In anger he spoke whatever came to his mind, giving away their position. Junsu quickly placed his hands on Yunho’s shoulders, telling him to stay calm.

“I-I didn’t mean to tell him...” Yunho started crying, disappointed for being so careless. Yoochun and Changmin hugged Yunho telling him not to worry.

“So you also got the message I assume? So now I give you these options; quit SM for good or carry on trying to play hero and end up bowing down before my feet in agony.” The man laughed again waiting for their reply.

“You may have people hunting us down but we won’t give in to an like you! Do what you like but I’ll never bow to you!” Onew hissed through gritted teeth, clenching his fist. If that owner of the mysterious voice was there in front of him, Onew wouldn’t hold back his anger and beat him senseless.

The man sighed and spoke calmly. “Very well, you had your chance. Now you face the penalty... I’d get running if I were you.”

“Wait! Where’s Jaejoong!? Is he ok!? What are you plan~” Before Yunho could complete his questions, the phone line was cut off. Everyone sighed in frustration and looked at each other.

“Let’s get out of here before~” Yunho turned around only to realise the hallway was blocked with the men who had tried to grab the singers before in the dorm. The men started to advance closer to the terrified singers with blank expressions.

The nine quickly turned around and dashed down the hall trying to gain distance from the men who were starting to run to their pray. “Get to the fire exit at the end of the hall and into the van!” Yoochun ordered as they sprinted down the halls getting closer to the door. With great force Minho pushed the door open and allowed everyone to run down the stairs towards the van.

Unfortunately Onew, who was at the back of the group, tripped on the ripped carpet and fell forwards to his knees. Soon grasping what had happened, he tried to push himself back on his feet, but was suddenly forced and pinned to the floor by a man who had caught up to him, harshly kneeling into the singer’s thin back putting pressure on the spine.

Onew cried out in pain and looked up to see Junsu, who had heard his screams, looking back at him with panic over his face. “GO JUNSU! DON’T GET CAUGHT! GET AWAY FROM HERE!” Onew called out as his hands were forced behind his back, as well as his feet pushed together and tied tightly with rope. Junsu nodded at his orders and ran out of the door leaving Onew to be lifted over the man’s shoulder, watching his hyung escape as more men chased after him.


“You won’t get away with this! You’ll be put in prison for life!” Onew tried to wriggle in his captor’s arms but he had no chance of escaping now, even if he did get away from the man’s grip there was no way he could run with his legs tied. He was surprised at the man’s strength, lifting him as if he weighted nothing at all.

After they carried him into the alleyway, Onew was pushed into the back of the second black van, with one of the men sitting there waiting for him. “Don’t make a sound. Don’t try anything funny. Just sit and do as we say.” Onew nodded and allowed the man, who had pushed him into the van, to tie a blindfold over his eyes, sending the leader into pure darkness.

Onew waited for a bit until he heard the other men return sounding annoyed. “The bloody punks got away from us.” Onew felt a smile form on his lips at the thought of the eight escaping the cruel danger he was to experience.

Another man took a seat next to Onew and brutally grabbed his hair, forcing Onew to stretch out his neck as he looked up. “Doesn’t matter, we have the older member of SHINee now. They will be bending backwards in order to get their leaders back. The game is still ours.” Onew whimpered as the ice cold touch of a blade was placed to the side of his neck. He let tears form in his eyes, but due to the blindfold they weren’t visible to his captors.

“I-Is this all it is to you, a g-game!?” Onew stuttered a few times chocking on his own breath. The feeling of the blade was lost, but before he could relax Onew felt a piece of cloth pulling at his mouth as one of the men tightly gagged him.

“We told you to shut up!” The man sent his fist to the back of Onew’s head and sent his brain into darkness. SHINee’s leader sat in the car helpless, defenceless, and unconscious. The black van quickly took off down the road heading towards the location where Jaejoong was being held.


Sorry it took so long to do but it's the longest chapter yet with over 3,500 words so I hope you enjoy! Leave comments and I'll update as soon as I can!

Fighting! X