Fate's Cruel Call

The Lawsuit (Story On Hold)

Minho walked along the quiet street with his head down hoping that his plan would be a success to get Taemin to cheer up.  He had bought a large white teddy bear with a yellow bow around its neck, and a few bottles of banana milk. Taemin loved banana milk and would sulk for ages in his room if he found out his hyungs forgot to buy him some. The bow was also in Taemin’s signature colour to make it extra special.

Minho was lost in deep thoughts when the sound of a van broke the silence. Unfortunately for the dazed Minho he had forgotten to check the road before crossing and found the van was heading right in his direction. His eyes widely opened as he finally came back to his senses, quickly turned around, and dived to get on the pavement out of the vehicles way.

The bag of banana milk flew onto the floor allowing some of the bottles to roll down the street and the teddy caught Minho’s fall. “Oh bloody great!” Minho got up brushing the dirt off the teddy best he could and wiped his hands. A hiss of pain escaped his lips as he noticed a graze on his right palm. Luck was not on his side today. Trying to control his temper he got up and grabbed hold of the plastic grocery bag that was now half empty and chased after the bottles that had made an escape down the road.

When Minho picked up the last bottle he noticed that something silver had blocked it from rolling further. He picked up the item and examined it. It was a phone charm that looked familiar to him. After a while it finally hit him; the charm belonged to his hyung Jaejoong. But why was it here in the street? Looking at it again Minho noticed it was fairly clean meaning Jaejoong must have dropped it recently. But Minho was to desperate to get back to Taemin to think any further so he slipped it into his pocket and headed home being careful not to space out again.


“Knock Knock!” Yunho opened the front door to SHINee’s dorm and lead the maknae into the living room by his hand. Taemin took a seat on the sofa as rushing footsteps came from the stairs and into the hall. Key soon ran in happy to see his hyung and wrapped his arms around him.

“Yunho hyung! It’s great to see you! What are you doing here?” Yunho looked over at Taemin who was still trying to pull a smile but was obviously failing. Key quickly his mother mode and sat by his little Taemin. “Taeminnie! What’s up sweetie? Did you fall and hurt yourself? Did someone bully you?” Key tried to take Taemin’s left hand that was by his mouth, nibbling on his sleeve like a young child. Not wanting anyone to make a fuss over him anymore he moaned through his lips and hit Key’s hand away with his right hand.

“He has the impression that SHINee is breaking up. I found him on the north side of town alone and upset so I thought I’d better bring him back. Do you mind if I make a call?” Yunho took out his phone and dialled Changmin’s number.

“Not at all hyung. I’ll get you a drink.” Key walked to the kitchen to make his hyung a hot drink leaving Taemin alone for a little bit. It seemed like the best thing to do as he was in a kiddy strop. On the other side of the room Yunho told the others (who were now out looking for Jaejoong) to meet him in SHINee’s dorm, hopefully they could get SHINee to help look for Jaejoong. After all the more people the better right?

Not long after Junsu, Changmin, and Yoochun had arrived at the dorm Onew and Jonghyun returned from the interview. “We’re back from the interview Bummie! Oh hyungs hello!” The two bowed in respect to their hyungs and shared hugs. “What are you all doing here?” The SHINee members all shared smiles as the other remaining SM band announced that they wouldn’t be splitting up and that they would stay with SM just as SHINee intended too.

“But that’s not the reason we are here unfortunately...” Junsu butted in and drew attention to him. “Jaejoong has wondered off and he’s refusing to answer our calls. Yunho and he had a fight and now we have no way to find him. Could you help us?” Everyone simultaneously looked at Yunho waiting for an explanation but he turned around hiding his face. He wanted Jaejoong back, not the news to spread about the fight.

Key nodded and looked at his band members. “You don’t have to say anything Yunho. We’ll help you either way. I know I wouldn’t like everyone to know if Jonghyun and I fell out.” At that moment Minho walked into the dorm holding the bag of milk and a teddy in his arms.

“Taeminnie! Look what hyung got for you!” Taemin’s eyes shot up looking at the teddy bear and the sweet banana milk.

“YAY! LOVE YOU HYUNG!” Taemin couldn’t get who his feet fast enough to give Minho a hug and snatch the teddy and milk away from him. He sat back down on the sofa hugging the large teddy and giggling like a young kid.

Onew looked at it happy to see his little boy smiling again. “The best bit is if you stretch it out... the teddy is bigger than Jonghyun!” Everyone laughed at the sudden burst of Onew condition as Jonghyun chased his hyung around the group trying to get him back for his cheeky joke.

“Now that everyone is here lets split up and take different sides of town to look for Jaejoong~” As Yoochun began to lay out the battle plan Minho slowly reached into his pocket and looked at the charm in his hands. It was confirmed that the charm was in fact Jaejoong’s and more importantly that had disappeared somewhere.

“Minho, are you ok?” Changmin’s sudden interruption caused everyone to look at the tall singer who was caught off guard with the eight pairs of eyes looking at him. Yunho slowly walked over to him and snatched the charm away from his hand looking at him with wide eyes.

“Where did you get this!? Did you talk to Jaejoong!? Where is he!?” Yunho grasped hold of Minho’s jacket collar and began begging for information.

“I-I found it on the street... It was on the floor...I-I didn’t see him. I didn’t even know he was missing!” Minho tried to talk clearly but the words wouldn’t come out of his mouth. But before Yunho could get another word in his phone vibrated and started playing his ringtone. But instead of Jaejoong’s number popping up on the screen it showed up as “unknown”. Hesitantly Yunho picked up as the others leaned in to hear the conversation.

“H-Hello... Jaejoong is that you? Where are you? I need to talk to you!” Yunho wanted nothing more to be friends with Jaejoong again.

“I’m afraid Jaejoong isn’t available to talk right now. This is Yunho I’m talking to isn’t it?” Yunho was taken back. The voice was too deep and starchy to be Jaejoong. So who was this guy and did he have Jaejoong like he said?

“Who are you? Do you have Jaejoong!?”

“You should know who this is and yes, I do have Jaejoong if you want to know.” Yunho picked his brain. He should know this person but the shocking reality was he didn’t, that was the worst part of it.

“Is he ok? Can I talk to him?”

“He isn’t able to talk right now~” The voice at the end of the phone sang, he was enjoying every moment of this.

“Then how can I trust you have him?” Yunho was turning desperate, his hands were starting to shake and he had already sat down in order to stop himself from collapsing with shock. The phone line went quiet for a second causing Yunho to pull away to see if he had hung up. Luckily he was still connected and could hear something that sounded like muffled screams faintly in background. “Jaejoong hyung? Yah! Is that you?” Yunho waited anxiously for a little while until a familiar voice answered the phone.

“Y-Yunho? Yunho is that you?” Jaejoong stuttered a few times trying to hold back his tears. He was obliviously terrified.

“Jaejoong don’t worry ok! I’ll save you no matter what! Don’t give in to those bastards!” Yunho was close to crying himself so Yoochun put his arm around him as they all watched Yunho take this life changing call.

“I-I won’t give in I promise... I’ll be here waiting~” Jaejoong’s voice was suddenly caught off but was soon followed by the sound of a hand coming into contact with his cheek and him yelping out in response. If he wasn’t crying before, he was clearly crying now.

“JAEJOONG?” Yunho jumped to his feet at the sound of his friend being abused and yelled into the phone. “LET HIM GO! WHAT DO YOU WANT!?” Jaejoong’s holder laughed and calmly replied.

“I’ll call you back after you have calmed down a bit. Don’t call the police, managers, press, etc. If you do I’ll give you his corpse.” With that the phone line went dead. Yunho slowly removed the phone from his ear and looked at the screen; he had truly hung up.

“H-Hyung? Was that Jaejoong?” Changmin looked at his shaken up hyung.

“N-No...It was someone who has Jaejoong...”

“Where is he?” Junsu jumped to his feet grasping onto Yunho’s arm for an answer.

“H-He didn’t say...”

“He’s safe right?” Yoochun stood up trying to comfort Yunho but before he could get an answer Yunho pushed everyone out of his way and ran upstairs to Key’s room. He was very close with Key so he figured he wouldn’t mind.

“U-Umma where’s Jaejoong hyung?” Taemin looked at Key with wide curious eyes. Poor Taemin was too innocent to understand everything right at this moment.

“W-We don’t know sweetie...” Taemin squeezed his teddy and looks down confused. But somehow he knew that everything was about to change for good. Minho sat next to Taemin and let him cuddle up to him for comfort. He was worried for Jaejoong but he couldn’t admit that he wasn’t enjoying the warmth Taemin brought as he hugged him tightly in his arms.

Yunho lay on Key’s bed sobbing into a pillow he held close to him. He was desperate to see Jaejoong again and now that luxury had literally been stolen from him. “Jaejoong I’m sorry!” Yunho squeezed his eyes tightly hoping that the past 4 years was all a bad dream and he would soon wake up back in TVXQ’s dorm with Jaejoong waiting for him with breakfast that he would have made himself. He wished he didn’t fight with Jaejoong. He wished he didn’t hit Jaejoong. But mostly he wished Jaejoong was with him.