Two Things

The Lawsuit (Story On Hold)

Minho, Onew, and Junsu made their way through the SM building with curious eyes from the workers watching them before they got back to the duties. It was weird being in the building when everyone was out of routine. Everyone looked at the idols as if to question why they were still hanging around with such a failing company. Ignoring the glances, the three took the elevator to the 3rd floor where the office of SHINee’s manager was and headed down the hall.

“Are you sure about this? I mean isn’t this stealing?” Junsu looked to Onew who was already entering the pass code on the keyboard to enter the room. Minho looked over raising an eyebrow.

“Well technically yes but do you have any other ideas?” Onew managed to get the door open and entered after checking no one was around. Luckily the upper floors of the building were quieter than the downstairs due to all the meetings that people were attending regarding the scandals.

“Besides manager hyung has ‘borrowed’ many things from us without giving them back so I guess we’ll be even.” Onew added as he looked through the drawers of the office desk. Minho kept look out while Junsu helped Onew look for the device.

“Yah hyungs, take your time why don’t you? It’s not like a life is at stake here... oh wait there is... GET A BLOODY MOVE ON!” Minho started to lose him temper and marched over to the desk pushing Junsu and Onew away and digging through the drawers of random papers and objects. “Cd covers, song lyrics, pictures of the band...” Minho stopped at the sight of a cute picture of Taemin from his mushroom-hair days and sneakily slipped it into his pocket while his hyungs weren’t looking. No harm in having something to smile at later.

After a while Minho found a small box device with two cables at either end; one with various ends for a phone and the other for a computer/laptop. They quickly left the room in a neat condition and left the building with the tracking device. Stage one of the game plan: success! Now was the second stage; setting up.


By the time Minho, Onew, and Junsu arrived back at the dorm Yunho was sat at the table with Yoochun who was trying to get him to eat the leftover ramen that Key and Taemin made. “We got it!” Junsu jumped up in excitement. The hopes of getting Jaejoong back suddenly got brighter. Onew ran upstairs to his bedroom to get his laptop.

“How did it go?” Jonghyun walked into the kitchen after hearing the three come in. Minho placed the tracker on the table for them to see.

“Sure did, it was a piece of cake. Now I just have to connect it to the laptop and we wait for the call.” Yunho lifted the chopsticks of ramen noodles to his mouth but Jonghyun jumped in taking the food away from him.

“What the heck, I was gonna eat that Jonghyun!” Yunho grabbed hold of the bowl and tried to gain back his food. Why can’t I eat it?”

“You could but you shouldn’t.”

“And why is that?” The singers watched in entertainment as they two fought over the food.

“Because Taemin helped make it.” That was enough to convince and Yunho shoved the bowl back into Jonghyun’s hands.

“Ew! Take it back! Take it back! Take it back!” Yunho pulled at face at the poison that he almost ate. Onew returned with the laptop and plugged in the tracker.

“So how does this work?” Yoochun looked over Onew’s shoulder as he started to set up the tracker through his laptop.

“Using the wifi signal from our dorm’s internet hub the tracker connects online to pinpoint the location. When the call comes in the device picks up where the signal is being made from both ends of the phone. The laptop will then show up an address, information of the phone and where it was bought and by whom, and boom we have our location and Jaejoong’s kidnapper.” Onew looked up to notice everyone was staring wide eyed, and in some cases mouths dropped in amazement.

“And yet you can’t do one stinking performance without falling on your ?” Minho raised an eyebrow at his hyung. Yunho handed his phone to Onew and watched as he connected the phone to the other cable.

“So now we wait?” Jonghyun looked at the others who shifted nervously. Suddenly the phone rang making everyone flinch and causing Onew (who jumped too far) to fall backwards off his seat with a yelp. Yunho grabbed the phone off him and answered without looking at the screen.

“H-Hello! Look we haven’t called the police, just tell us what you want an~”

“Yunho! Calm down it’s me, Key!” Key’s voice quickly interrupted causing Yunho’s face of worry to warp into a rather annoyed one.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT? CAN’T YOU TELL WE WAITING FOR THE CALL?” Yunho raised his voice at Key feeling annoyed he was waiting time.

“OW HYUNG! You’re gonna burst my ear drum!” Key whined at him. Jonghyun took the phone from Yunho who was trying to calm himself down.

“Key, it’s Jonghyun. What’s up?” Jonghyun looked at Onew who had got up off the floor and was picking up the location of where Key was through the tracker. He smiled and nodded when it showed the address of TVXQ’s dorm. At least they were there and safe.

“I don’t mean to bother you but Taemin left his teddy that Minho got him and he wants it...” Jonghyun rolled his eyes and looked over to the living room to see the teddy bear on the sofa where Taemin was sat.

“I’ll send Minho over. How are you all coping?” Jonghyun looked at Mino and pointed at the teddy to tell him what Key wanted. Instantly Minho understood and nodded heading to the living room and gathering the teddy in his arms before getting his coat on and heading out.

“Changmin is a little upset he isn’t there with you, and Taemin is having a strop...”

“But are you ok Kimbum?” Jonghyun ruffled his hair with his hand with worry.

“Y-Yeah I’ll be fine. I just hope we find him soon.” Key’s voice seemed to fade with a few whimpers making Jonghyun feel uneasy. He knew Key was lying to him. It was obvious he was worried to death but the last thing he wanted was for Key to be caught up in all of this.

“We’ve got the tracker set so we can find his location. I’ll let you know what happens as soon as I can.” Jonghyun looked at everyone who was giving him the signal to hurry up.

“O-Okay. Stay safe ok Jonghyun? Promise me!” Key’s voice slightly cracked as tears started to build.

“Promise. Look after our Taeminnie. Bye Bummie.” Jonghyun took a moment before hanging up and looked at Onew who was nodding at the screen.

“Got Key’s location perfectly. Soon as he calls we are gonna get the kidnapper’s location!” Right on cue Yunho’s phone rang again. Jonghyun looked at the screen to see “unknown” pop up on the screen and handed the phone to Yunho who almost dropped it in weakness. Yoochun and Junsu crowded around the laptop to watch the location come through.

“H-Hello?” Yunho looked to the floor side leaning on the back of the chair.

“Yunho I tried to phone just a few minutes ago. Not phoning the police are we? If so this won’t be good for Jaejoong.” The low and evil voice answered Yunho. Although Yunho couldn’t see the man he knew he was smiling, enjoying every moment of this. There was a faint muffled cry in the background that Yunho easily recognised as Jaejoong.

“NO! I didn’t call the police I swear on my own life! Please don’t harm him! I kept my promise! Please!” Yunho tried to hold back tears and be strong for his hyung.

“There are two things I have that you don’t Yunho care to guess?” The mysterious man mocked Yunho as the muffled cries become more desperate from Jaejoong who was being held back by two guards.

“Would one of them be J-Jaejoong?” Yunho gritted his teeth trying not to curse.

“Well done! And the other?”

“I don’t feel like playing your bull games! Just tell me!” Yunho spat through the phone not caring what his friends must have thought.

“You’re no fun. It’s high security. Very high in fact.” Yunho’s eyes widened as he looked at Onew who was typing viscously at the keyboard with a look of worry on his face. “I knew you little brats would try something like this. Using a SM tracker to try to find my location? I know those silly cheap devices like it’s the back of my hand! I blocked the signal before you picked up. It’s useless!”

The man laughed through the phone as Yunho cursed under his breath. He quickly took his ear away from the phone to look at the others who were crowding the laptop trying to get the location. “It’s no good, he blocked the signal. He knew we would try this.” Everyone looked at Yunho in annoyance. Their one plan to find Jaejoong had failed.

“You thought you could finally see him again as easy as that!? Not a chance Yunnie! Tell you what though, I’ll allow you to talk to him once.” The man’s voice faded for a moment as put it on speaker and held the phone towards Jaejoong. Once his gag was off he moved his mouth to adjust and quickly leant forwards to make sure Yunho heard him clearly.

“Y-Yunho! You tried to find me?” Jaejoong smiled at the thought of his friends doing everything they could to save him.

“Of course we did Jonggie! We will get you out of there we promise!” Jaejoong suddenly remembered what the guards had said in the basement and he took a breath before he spoke rapidly and clearly.

“Yunho listen to me! He knows about Changmin, Key, and Taemin in the dorm! He’s sent some men to capture them! You gotta g~” Before he could say anymore the phone was quickly pulled away from him and the guards sent a punch to his stomach making him collapse onto his knees. With the man’s command Jaejoong was gagged again. This time some spare cloth was shoved into his mouth before a second piece was tied around his mouth tighter than before, trapping the first piece of cloth and causing his mouth to ache from the rubbing fabric.

“Dear me, looks like I have to teach little Jaejoong how to behave. He’s even more rebellious than I remember.” The phone went dead while Yunho was pleading Jaejoong’s holder not to harm him. After he had realised he had hung up Yunho turned around to the others and stood up.

“He knows about Key and the boys! He’s sent someone to capture them!” That was enough to get everyone on their feet.

“If he lays one hand on them I’ll never forgive the bastard!” Jonghyun’s face had turned bright red in rage.

“Let’s not waste time! We have to get to them before they do!” Yoochun and Junsu ran out leaving the stunned three behind. Onew picked up the box device and cables, quickly packed his laptop in his green case, and ran following the others. Yunho held onto Jonghyun’s hand as he locked the front door and ran as fast as he could down the street to his own dorm.

‘Please be ok! Please be ok!’ Jonghyun begged the lord that he would save his family from this race of evil. It was bad enough they stole Jaejoong but to take others away from them was the last thing anyone wanted. The cold wind blew through the idols hair as they used every ounce of energy they had to run as fast as their bodies could go.