Kryber: Meeting the Parents

Girl Group One-shots/Drabbles Collection

Oh , I’m so nervous. Amber thought as she adjusted her tie. She had no idea what Mr. and Ms. Jung were expecting, which terrified her. Especially the fact that she didn’t know if they were expecting, you know, a chick. That seemed like something Krystal would do. Her girlfriend was the sweetest little thing, but she was kind of naive. She had this expectation that everything would work out and be okay and the world was made of sweetness and cookies. I mean, Krystal’s older sister, Jessica, had been with girls and her parents never seemed to start a problem about it, but she was wild and her parents probably saw her as a lost cause. 

 

 

"Are you ready, Amber?" Krystal came in and took Amber’s hand. 

 

 

"As I’ll ever be…" Amber muttered. She’d done her best to make herself look respectable in her suit, and Krystal looked beautiful in a blue sheath dress. It was off to the Jungs’ rich estate. 

 

 

Krystal’s parents were perfectly genial throughout the night, leaving Amber feeling an incredible sense of relief. Ms. Jung approached her at the end of the night as they were getting ready to leave.

 

 

"You seem like a nice young gentlewoman. Take good care of my little girl." She smiled and shook Amber’s hand. Krystal rolled her eyes.

 

"So… you don’t have a problem with… us?" Amber said awkwardly. She’d been expecting much worse.

 

"Oh, no!" Ms. Jung laughed with a dismissive wave of her delicate hand. "It may not be what we planned for our daughter, but at least she won’t get pregnant. We always worry about that with Jessie…" 

 

 

"Mom, that is so inappropriate!" Krystal fumed as Amber laughed uncontrollably.