Kayoung birthday drabbles

Girl Group One-shots/Drabbles Collection

E-young sighed as she watched the girls go about their regular business. It seemed that everyone had forgotten her birthday this year. They were all in their own little worlds, acting no different than usual. She hadn’t received a single well-wish or seen a single present lying around, nor had anyone gone to retrieve fan letters. What was even worse, her girlfriend Kaeun seemed so aloof today. She was running around, completely absorbed in some task of her own. She’d hardly said two words to E-young today. This is the worst birthday ever, she thought and put her head in her hands. It was starting to get late, and she was losing hope that anyone would remember. 

 

 

She looked up and only now noticed all of the girls but Jungah had left the room, who was finishing up some dishes. She washed her hands and approached E-young. “Sweetie, will you come with me for a second?” Jungah took the girl’s hand and led her down the hall. E-young’s heart was pounding. What the hell was going on? Was everyone mad at her or something?

 

 

Jungah led her into her room, which was decorated with streamers and banners, and the rest of the girls in birthday hats blew their noisemakers and yelled “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E-YOUNG!” Kaeun ran up to hug her as E-young started to laugh happily. 

 

 

"You little !" She playfully slapped Kaeun on the shoulder. "You were planning this the whole time, weren’t you?" 

 

 

"Yeah, but I’ll make it up to you, I promise." Kaeun pecked E-young’s lips. "For now, let’s have fun with the girls." Holding hands, they dashed over to join the party, where Lizzy was smooshing cake on Nana’s face.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Kaeun squirmed all day at her birthday visit with her family. She loved seeing them, but there was something she just couldn’t keep her mind off. Her girlfriend E-young had been sneaking around and being secretive. She knew she was planning something big for her birthday. E-young had never been one for being discreet. She was nervous and giddy thinking about it. What was she planning? Maybe she was finally going to… a young cousin nearly tripped over her foot, snapping her out of her thoughts. 

 

 

She jumped in her car as soon as the party was over, drove down the street, and changed her clothes in the bathroom of a Starbucks. Heads turned as she walked out in a tight red dress with a bustier top. She smiled at herself in the mirror in the car. There was no way E-young could resist this. She heard a buzz on her phone and picked it up. There was a message from E-young with an address she’d never heard of, followed by, “just put it in your gps~ <3" She entered the address and drove there, finding herself at a park near their dorm. "Now walk up the trail" … "take a left at the fork…" E-young kept texting her instructions until Kaeun found herself at the top of a hill overlooking the city, and a familiar blonde girl sitting there on a blanket. Kaeun ran to her and tackled her.

 

 

"Happy birthday, Kani!" E-young laughed at the girl’s sudden attack. She held the younger girl’s head to her chest. "I love you so much." She whispered and kissed the top of her head. Kaeun sat up, knowing better than to give in to her desire to try anything here. She leaned on her girlfriend’s shoulder. "See, I brought you here because there’s a fireworks show at a festival in town soon, and it’ll be visible here." She smiled.

 

 

 

"You’re so romantic, unnie." Kaeun kissed her gently, pulling away before she lost control. E-young held her hand as the fireworks started. Kaeun instinctively grabbed onto her when a particularly loud one went off, and E-young her hair. She pulled Kaeun into her lap. 

 

 

"You look amazing." She said earnestly, earning a smile from the maknae as the fireworks ended. 

 

"So where’s my present?" Kaeun raised an eyebrow.

 

"It’s back at the dorm!" E-young grabbed the blanket and Kaeun’s hand, leading them back to Kaeun’s car as quickly as she could. The two barreled through the door and into their room before anyone could say hello.

 

 

E-young grabbed a sleeping mask and blindfolded Kaeun. “No peeking!” She poked Kaeun’s nose. The younger girl sat on the bed, waiting with immeasurable excitement. “Your present is…” Kaeun felt herself being pushed back on the bed. “Me.” E-young pulled the blindfold off, revealing herself on top of Kaeun in only her .

 

 

"It’s just what I’ve always wanted." Kaeun grabbed her and kissed her hard.