Taengsic: Prince/ss

Girl Group One-shots/Drabbles Collection

“You should be excited. Tonight is one of the most important nights of your life.” The queen clucked her tongue at her daughter's indifference as she pinned up her honey-toned hair. “This is your first step toward becoming a woman.”
 

“Whatever, mom.” Jessica flipped a curled tendril off her forehead. “I didn't ask to be born a princess.”

 

Her mother's aged hand lifted her chin and Jessica looked away from her stern gaze. “You need to drop your attitude. You are the only heir to the throne. You are going to be queen. It's your destiny,” she scolded and Jessica rolled her eyes. She hated that word.

 

The queen stomped out of the room and Jessica snarled at her reflection in the mirror, all made-up and done-up so she could select a man to marry out of a group of them she'd never even met. She didn't want to marry some stranger. She didn't even want to marry a man.

 

I'll just do this stupid selection ceremony and then tomorrow I'll run away to somewhere no one can find me. They'll find someone else to rule who gives a .

 

 

Jessica sat bored as she watched the line of suitors spar and perform feats of physical strength for her attention. They're all the same. Airhead show-off douchebags who want a perfect little princess to bend to their every will. She sighed and tapped her fingers on the armrest of the throne.

 

But one of them caught her eye.

 

While the others watched her for her approval, smiled cheesily at her, brandished their swords and flexed their muscles, this one was entirely focused on the task. Their target was nearly torn to pieces by the hard, accurate of a true warrior at the blade.

 

Jessica squinted, focusing her vision on this suitor. She could see this one's hair was tucked in the back of their helmet, then she finally got a clear view of their facial features and smiled coyly.

 

You're no man at all, are you?

 

She motioned for her father and the crowd went silent as they waited for her to call a suitor out. Jessica pointed and the king finally spoke.

 

“You, young man. Come up here.”

 

“Me, sir?” The response came and Jessica was sure now of her suspicion. This girl did a fair job imitating a man's voice, but having noticed the other indicators, Jessica could tell it was an imitation.

 

“Yes, you.” The king answered. As she walked closer, Jessica could see that she was not only certainly a girl, but a beautiful girl. It was apparent as she walked that the fit of the armor was ever so slightly off from what lied under the plate. “What's your name, son?” The king put his hand on her shoulder, still fooled by the disguise.

 

“Kim... Kim T-tae... Taewon, s-sir.” The girl struggled over her words to make up a fake name on the spot. She shook imagining all the complications if Jessica actually picked her. She had assumed she'd have no chance.

 

Jessica nodded at her father. The final decision had been made.

 

 

The king and queen allowed the two alone in Jessica's chambers when they returned to the castle. Normally Jessica's mother would be scandalized by the very thought, but they were desperate for the royal lineage to continue and they were to be married in a week.

 

The girl sat nervously in Jessica's chair, contemplating exactly what she had gotten herself into.

 

“So.” Jessica spoke up and the girl looked at her, afraid. “What's your real name?” She grinned as the girl stuttered. “Look. I know. Why do you think I chose you so quickly?” A smile finally spread across the girl's face. “You can take off that helmet now, you know.”

 

“Taeyeon. My name's Taeyeon.” The smile stayed as she pulled off the helmet and her cropped hair fell above her shoulders.

 

“Nice to meet you, Taeyeon.”

 

 

“How are we supposed to hide this forever? They'll totally find out.” Taeyeon fretted as Jessica did everything she could to make her look as masculine as possible on the day of the wedding.

 

Jessica tightly pulled the bandages binding down Taeyeon's s. “I don't give a . As long as we can hide it today, if someone finds out later, well, I'll be queen and no one can do anything about it.” Taeyeon laughed quietly to herself; she was learning already that this was the typical attitude of her stubborn princess.

 

 

Taeyeon was sweating throughout the ceremony, trying to act natural but constantly worried she'd be found out. Her focus was so off that Jessica pinched her hand to remind her to say “I do.”

 

“You may now kiss the bride.” Taeyeon planted a clumsy kiss on Jessica's lips and carried her off into the castle.

 

“Your lips are soft, kiss me again.” Jessica whispered as soon as she had shut the door to her chambers. Taeyeon walked forward as she kissed her, slowly pushing Jessica back onto the bed and beginning to remove her clothes. “Wait. This is going to take a little more work.” Jessica laughed as Taeyeon struggled with the bandages, unwrapping them as Taeyeon finally took in a full breath.

 

“What a shame, to have to bind these down like that,” Jessica mused as she cupped Taeyeon's s in her hands. She placed her lips between them, only to have Taeyeon push her down again.

 

“Ladies first.” Taeyeon smiled as she started to Jessica's dress.

 

“Whatever, King Taewon.” 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: SO i'm gonna try to fulfill most of these old- requests okay? even tho the requestors probably won't even see them haha. I wanna do a new request project that'll have a specific shtick to it but i have to handle this stuff first. Which means yes, for now, requests are still closed.