Jungcest: Found Out

Girl Group One-shots/Drabbles Collection

My sister and I had always been closer than sisters. Our relationship was different. Even as teenagers, even as adults when I came home to visit, we slept in the same bed in each other's arms. We cuddled when we watched movies and I played with her hair. I kissed her on the cheeks when I used to send her off to school and now to work. So one night when she kissed me, it just felt right. It felt like a natural progression of things. One night when I said, “I love you,” she knew I meant as more than my little sister. One night when I deepened our kiss, I realized the love of my life had always been right in front of my eyes.

 

When she wanted to move out and didn't have the money, I suggested she move in with me. No one questioned that. But it didn't mean we could be careless. Sometimes being in public with her was agonizing, as much as I wanted to spend time with her, all the things I couldn't do hurt me. I couldn't hold her hand, even though that might be an innocent thing a lot of sisters or friends do, it was too dangerous for us. Sometimes I held Krystal and thought to myself how cruel and judgmental the world could be. To us, it was the purest love, born out of closeness and caring, and the fact that we face these obstacles just to be together has to say something. But we kept our love in secret, or at least we tried our best until one strange day.

 

We had the TV on, but we stopped caring about it during a commercial when Krystal turned to kiss me. My hands were running up and down her body and it was getting more heated. I was about to get on top of her when I heard Krystal scream. I turned around and cursed myself for giving my best friend a spare key. There was a look of utter shock on Tiffany's face as all three of us sat there staring at each other. Memories of meeting her in fourth grade flashed before me and I struggled to keep tears back as I anticipated the loss of our friendship.

 

Both of us were baffled as a smile formed on Tiffany's face. “Oh man. Oh my god. Is this for real?” We just stared at her blankly. “This is crazy. Is that why she moved in with you? You guys are...?”

 

“In love.” Krystal said and put her arms around me. I felt an incredible sense of relief. I should have known Tiffany wouldn't freak out.

 

“I swear I should have known it! You two have always been so close. How'd it happen? One of you had to have serious balls to make the first move.” Tiffany was acting perfectly normal as she sat on the couch with us. I'm so lucky to have her as a friend.

 

“It just kind of happened slowly and gradually on its own, and then Jessie said I love you, and we accepted it for what it was.” I nodded as Krystal spoke.

 

“I'm so glad for you guys.” She hugged both of us tight. “I'm here to support you, okay?”

 

“Thanks, Tiffany.” I smiled and kept hugging her. We had a connection to the world now. We weren't alone. Tears of joy started forming in my eyes. We weren't alone.