Aftermath

It happened over a coffee

                                             When one door closes, does another necessarily open? If so, how long do we have to wait?

    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Day

On your way to Q Magazine, you stopped by the coffee shop to buy your regular. You were early and you thought you would sit and have your alone time but clearly that wasn’t going to happen. You had barely taken a sip of your coffee when you heard, “If I didn’t know you better, I would have said, you are stalking me.” You didn’t had to turn around to know who that voice belonged to, so you replied, “Considering how I am here first, I could say, “You are the one stalking me.”

Kris gave a laugh and sat opposite to you.

“Yah! Who said you could sit here?”

“Fiesty as ever? Aren't we friends now? Why can’t I sit? It’s an empty seat or are you expecting someone else to turn up? Like Luhan or even better, Joong Hyung?” he replied with a smirk.

You nearly choked on your coffee when you heard Joong Oppa’s name, “Yah! Why would I wait for either of them?”

Kris kept his hand on the table and pushed his body forward, his head nearly touching you and said, “First, stop using Yah! on me all the time. Secondly, don’t think I didn’t notice and thirdly, he picked a tissue, wiped your chin and continued as if like he didn’t just do that, “You spilled coffee on your chin with that Yah of yours.”

Not like you liked him, but it did make you blush to have someone so close to you. Of course, he was annoying but you couldn’t deny that he was hot. What are you thinking! This was Kris! The really annoying guy! You needed a distraction and hence you asked the first thing you could think of, “What do you mean by “don’t think I didn’t notice?”

Now If you had the power to control time, not like Tao’s “power” to freeze time but more like Hermione’s ‘Time Turner’ to alter time,  you would have used it to go back to time and not ask the question because when Kris replied, you literally wanted to crawl under the blanket and forget about your existence.

“That you are cheating on Luhan. Yesterday, when we walked in the backstage room, you were clearly enjoying being in Joong Hyung’s embrace. Does Hyung know that you like him? Ummm should I call and tell him? You literally glowed and smiled like an idiot when he scolded Minho Hyung for teasing you so much. I’m surprised no one noticed, am I the only one who is so observant? But wait, what happens to our Luhan?”

 “hahaha,  you laughed awkwardly, “so funny. Enjoy your coffee, I should be leaving.”

You had nearly got up when Kris said, “Now, now, don’t be the rude you again. I was just being a good friend and trying to make you laugh. I thought you would need that.”

It confused you and so, you asked, “And why would you think that, I need a laugh?”

Kris looked around and then grabbed your hand and said, “Let’s talk somewhere private.” Before you could say anything, he took you in the underground parking lot and made you sit in the car.

It was awkward, you and him alone. He wasn’t saying anything yet so you started the conversation by saying, “I didn’t know you had a fancy car.”

Kris looked at you, amused and said, “It’s not mine. I borrowed it. Anyways that’s not the point. How are you?”

You kept thinking why he was asking weird questions and why was he being too nice. Of course, you both had decided to be friends and had even exchanged numbers but that was not long ago and you were still trying to come in terms with your friendship and so you said, “How am I? Why are you being weird? We met yesterday. How would I be? I am perfectly okay”.

Kris looked at you, brushed the hair falling on your face and said, “That’s what surprises me.”

You were confused again. Why was he making such confusing statements so early in the morning? You looked at him surprised and exclaimed, “Huh?”

He didn’t look away, he kept staring at you. It felt like he was trying to think about whether he should be answering your question or not. But you guess, in the end, he decided to because he answered with caution in his voice, “For somehow, who had her heart broken, you seem perfectly fine and that scares me.”

Does he know what happened? But how could he? You brushed off that thought and instead questioned, “What are you talking about?”

You had never seen Kris this serious. His eyes seemed sincere and his face was full of worry and maybe a little bit of guilt. He cleared his throat as if he was going to make an announcement but instead replied in a soft voice, “Don’t be mad at me. I didn’t intend to but yesterday, EXO was celebrating in the same hotel as you girls and I stepped out of the room to attend a call. I thought I saw you and I was going to ask you to join us for some time since the others would have loved it but before I could say something….”

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>Flashback

All of you had gathered for the surprise party for Joong oppa right after the showcase. You were all having fun. Minho Oppa was singing and the rest was dancing along while Joong Oppa had just stepped out of the room.

Suddenly, Eun Unnie had spilled the wine on your shirt and you had to go to the washroom to clean it. This was your first time in the hotel and maybe because it was a private area, you could not find any waiter around. You were going to go back and ask Minho Oppa, when you saw Joong Oppa talking to some girl but before you could call out to him, that girl he was talking to, stepped on her toes, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on his lips.

End of flashback<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

If earlier you needed a time turner, now, you needed an invisibility cloak.

 

 

                _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Thank you so much for supporting this ^_^