A new beginning to a wonderful friendship?

It happened over a coffee

 

                                               Good things come to those who wait.... 

 

        _______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Your POV

 

You went to the café before going to Q. The whole purpose of working at the coffee shop could be said to have fulfilled since you had started writing again but you liked being here. Somehow this place gave you comfort and a sense of belonging. You had however stopped working because Eun Unnie and the rest insisted that you just concentrate on your writing.

Today, none of the Oppa’s had turned up and it was just you and Eun Unnie. Joong Oppa had invited you both for his showcase at Mnet today and you were both very excited about it. You both could not stop discussing about it and since you had backstage passes, it was going to be so much fun.

Yes, You were both eager to see Joong Oppa performing live on stage and you wondered whether he was going to go shirtless too but well to be fair, Eun Unnie and you were more excited about meeting other idols too. Beast was promoting Shadow and Eun Unnie was a huge fan of them Yoseob and his aegyo and you were obviously eager to see Luhan again.

You had all planned for a surprise party for Joong oppa so after deciding to meet 3 hours before the showcase you left for Hee Unnie’s office.

Sasha was right, things were working out. Hee Unnie, had just told you that you could write for the magazine every month. Not only that, they were also offering you a column on their website and you could address issues of the people who wrote in or blog about whatever you wanted. Hee Unnie thought you would hesitate since it was too much work but you were excited. This was after all what you always wanted. The news was however too much to take in all at once, so when Hee Unnie told you to wait for sometime as she had to take you somewhere, you came out to breathe some fresh air. You were thus wandering hopelessly, not believing your good luck when you ended up bumping into someone. The person helped you up and you muttered a thank you and sorry. You expected him to yell at you but he just nodded and walked away in a hurry. He was wearing a trench coat and muffler.

"It’s not that cold yet.  Why are people dressing so warmly?" You thought to yourself as you went back into Hee Unnie’s office.

                                                    

Meanwhile in the other part of the building

 

He walked in late. He had gone out and was in a hurry to get back on time when you had bumped into him. He was surprised to see you. He never thought he would meet you so soon, yes, he did hope for it but he did not think it would happen like this.

He knew he was going to be in trouble for coming late but it was worth it. He had met you. He laughed over your clumsiness and he wished he had spoken to you but he didn’t want you to recognize. He thanked GOD that he was covered and could not be recognised. He was all ready to listen to the manager’s wrath when Kris said,

 

“Why are you wearing a trench coat when it’s not even that cold?”

Before he could tell why, Sehun answered for him, “Hyung, don’t you remember? He has a cold?”

Kris smacked his head as he remembered and he asked him to take a seat. The room was hot as compared to outside so, he took off his trench coat and wore a varsity jacket instead.

 

Your POV contd

 

Hee Unnie had wanted you to meet Luhan as a thank you for agreeing to work and hence there you were, at the meeting room of Q with EXO-M and Hee Unnie. 

When Kris saw you with Hee Unnie, he came over bowed at her and waved you a hi. Luhan smiled at you too and you broke into a wide grin. Kris then introduced EXO-M to you and all of the members. The members were all friendly. When you were introduced to them, they all smiled and said that they knew you or heard about you a lot. You were kind of confused but then you realized it was because of Kris since he was smiling weirdly. When you were being introduced to Tao, he smiled, shook your hand and said, “We meet again”.

You didn't understand what he meant and so you were about to ask him when Lay asked Hee Unnie,

“Sorry for being rude but why are we here? Manager Hyung didn’t tell us anything.”

“It can’t be for a photoshoot right? Since Luhan and Kris have already shot for it? asked Xiumin who seemed as curious.

 

Hee Unnie smiled as she said, “It’s okay Lay, You were not being rude, its normal being curious and Yes, Kris and Luhan has already shot for a photo shoot and that issue turned out to be one of the highest selling issue of Q. But since EXO is having a comeback and you have won so many awards, we decided to do another spread for EXO-M and this time with all the members because we could not do that earlier. This spread will be for a special edition and EXO-M will be on the cover. There will be 7 covers of the magazine, one each for each member and 1 as a whole along with interviews.  Since it is a special edition and it will be released 2 months from now on our 4th anniversary , we want to start working immediately as we want it to be perfect.”

The boys were very happy and bowed in respect and thanked her. Hee Unnie then asked the manager to come with her to settle on dates but before they went, she introduced you to the manager who smiled and said, “So you were the girl with Kris on the photoshoot? SM loved the photo”

 

You managed to smile and mutter a thank you. He then went along with Hee Unnie. When they were talking,, you stood at the corner and looked at Luhan who was doing some weird dance with Xiumin and Chen. You chuckled and were lost in your thoughts when Kris broke into it.

“You know if you stare at him this badly, with your lazer looks, the back of his head will get a hole” Kris said as he chuckled.

You look at him with a surprised and annoyed look and said, “We are not doing this again, are we?”

"Doing what?" asked Kris like he was confused.

"Arguing, fighting and annoying, what ever you call that", You responded in an annoyed tone.

Kris smiled and said, "Nope. Don’t worry, we are friends, I will behave but yes, teasing should be allowed. Afterall, its so evident that you are crushing on my friend." You stutter as you say a NO and continued, "Its nothing like that, hes my bias and I still haven’t come around to accepting the fact that I have met my bias and he spoke to me too."

Kris looked at you surprised and said, "You really put me down at times. How come you never have any starstruck moment for me?"

"Maybe because I don’t like you?" You replied as you meronged at him.

"Yah! I know you like Luhan but since we are friends, you should be nice to me too and by the way, does struck by a star refer to Luhan here?"

 

You look at him in surprise as you suddenly remembered; he had ofcourse read your article and you were suppose to thank him for the help. You smile and say,  “Kris shi that reminds me, Thank you so much for your help. I believe it was because of you that I had so many positive responses. If there is anything I can do, please let me know."

"Yah! What’s with the sudden formality? We are friends and I really loved it. But since your insisting you can do something for me."

"I am not insisting but what is it that you want?" You joked

"Tsk tsk, now who's teasing? But well, lets exchange numbers and really be friends. Be there for me like how real friends are there at any time of the day and i will do the same. Also, drop the formality and call me Kris." 

 

You hesitated, calling him by his name was okay but exhanging numbers? You weren't sure if this was okay but decided against it. You were willing to give this friendship a chance. When you got to know Kris, you realized that he isn’t a bad person and he seemed sincere about whatever he said just now. You had lots of fun at the photo shoot and well, it hasn’t been a bumpy ride since then and what were the chances of him needing a friend or calling you ever? Zero.

Kris was glad that you agreed and you both agreed to be each other's 3 am friend. You both then started talking about other stuffs and you realized how similar you both were, no wonder you could both click so soon even after so much fights and arguments. The manager was apparently taking too long but you both did not realize until Tao started complaining about it. Kris told him that we could out and take a stroll in the building. Everyone agreed and Luhan decided to call the manager and let him know. You and the boys came out of the room and was waiting for Luhan near the elevator chatting about random things. He was taking a really long time and Chen was making a joke out of it saying he probably started calling Sehun instead. You were all laughing when he came over, smiled and said, “Kris, Hyung said we are all going out to eat something delicious in celebration. _____, can you join us?”

That smile made you smile. Dinner with Luhan? EXO-M? Every fangirl would have wanted to be in your position but before you could say anything, someone hugged you from behind and gave you a peck on your cheek. You were surprised and when you turned around, you saw Minho Oppa grinning and you yelled at him,  “Minho Oppa!! too much skinship and why are you here?”

Minho Oppa laughed as he said, “I told you that I will buy a publishing house for you right? Well I am checking this one”

“Aish! Jinja! You are so annoying oppa. Tell me the real reason?”

“I came to pick you up. Eun asked me too, well i would have done it anyways though but didn’t you notice the time? We are late. We have lots to prepare before we go.” said Minho Oppa. 

You look at your wristwatch and you realized that you were indeed late. You were suppose to meet Eun Unnie an hour ago and if you knew her properly, she was probably freaking out by now. You grabbed Minho’s Oppa’s hand and tried to run towards the elevator when Minho Oppa stops and tells you, “___ah, I know you are so eager to be with me but shouldn’t you atleast say bye to your friends?”

You turned around as you realized that you had completely forgotten about Luhan, Kris and EXO-M. You walk towards them and said, “Luhan shi, I am really sorry, I have plans or I would have loved to come with you all”

You then turned to Kris and said, “I am glad we are friends now and thank you once again.” You waved the rest goodbye as you walked into the elevator with Minho Oppa.

Kris POV

I am glad things are getting better between us but who the hell is that guy? Why did he kiss her?

His POV

And i thought it was only Kris. Is he her boyfriend? I hope he isn't but If not, why did she not react much when he kissed her? Aish i wish i could ask her.

 

                              ____________________________________________________________________________          

A/N:Sorry, It's been long since I updated. My university exams have started and well, it is crazy. Trying to learn 140 cases in 2-3 days along with so many laws is really not easy and i am going insane and so, i wanted to take a break and update this even though i haven't slept a wink for the last 40 hours straight    so please forgive the errors, il check them when i am fully awake :D  

This time i wanted to add a scenerio of the mystery guy in between and hence i labelled it as Your POV and Your POV contd. The in between scenerio as you might have realized is something that happened to the mystery guy but that have no POV. I hope i haven't confused any one yet. Please let me know if it is. I will fix it then. And His POV is back, although its too short. Who was looking forward to it? Seems like Kris and the Mystery Guy are both curious about Minho. That guy does too much skinship kekeke.

 Untill next time, Thank you all for reading, subscribing and commenting <3      

P.S. EXO Showtime is awesome and "Miracles of December" is my favourite EXO song. I can't wait for the other songs <3