Chapter 8

Love and Revenge

NANA POV

I couldn’t sleep last night, I kept having these strange dreams about a man talking to me, I cant quite make out the words he said to me I only remember bits and pieces. It's weird why does it seem like I know him? I got up early and went to find Min Yo, today he was going to show me the daily chores I would be doing around the house. I opened my blinds to see that the sun was slowly rising, the rays of the sun slowly coming through my window. I decided to put on some shorts and a T-shirt because I could already feel the heat of the day beginning. I went downstairs to see Min Yo eating breakfast in the kitchen; He pulled the seat next to him open and grabbed me a box of cereal and some milk. “Thanks Uncle.” I joked with him as he laughed too.

After we ate breakfast he started the day off quickly showing me where everything and what I’d be doing. He told me that Saturday and Sunday’s were going to be my days off. We started off watering the lawn and the plants, their yard was huge both front and back. In the back he showed me the pool that I’d clean twice a week. Inside the house I would dust everything and mop the floors, clean the windows, and clean every bathroom. I underestimated the amount of work that I would be doing for this place, but if I want them to trust me, I’ll have to prove it. I was moping the house when the doorbell rang, I opened it to find the delivery boy, “I have a package here for….” He looked up and smiled at me “Wow, you’re beautiful I never seen you around here before.” I blushed from his compliment. 

“Thanks and yeah I just came here from the states not to long ago, and now I work here.”

“I’m Kris, nice to meet you…”

 I replied to him “N…my name is N.”

“That’s a unique name.” He told me.                  

“Thanks.” I said back to him. He stared at me for a couple seconds before he talked again.

“OH Right I’m sorry, I have a package here for Jooyeon.” I was reaching to take the package when a pair of hands came by and snatched it away. I turned to see it was Jooyeon.

“Oh Jooyeon, good morning!” I said to her.

 She didn’t say anything expect “Thanks Kris you can go now, and she shut the door.” She took her package upstairs and didn’t look at me once. I continued mopping “I guess she’s not a morning person I thought to myself.”

JOOYEON POV

I woke up and laid in my bed for a while thinking about the dream I just had. I dreamt that I was with N...like as a couple and that we were happy. I pulled the blanket over my head trying to forget what I just dreamt about, I’m with Uee and I’m happy…right? I got up and went to go take a refreshing shower then I put on some jeans with a plain black t-shirt. When I was walking out of my room I saw Min Yo “Hey is N up yet?” He told me she was. “How’s she doing so far?” I whispered to him. He told me that she had already learned everything that she would be doing around the house and that she was moping the floors at the moment, then I heard the doorbell ring I was walking to go check who it was when I saw N talking to Kris the delivery boy.

I stood from the stairs watching them talk, he was complimenting her and making her smile…ugh I really hate him, Uee even thinks he’s cute, and when she’s here he always flirts with her. Now what? He’s flirting with N too? I began to walk downstairs when he said that the package was for me, I quickly went to the door and took it from him before he and N made contact with each other. She greeted me good morning, I didn’t say anything back to her, for some reason I felt angry at her…but why? Maybe I feel like this in a more protective way, I mean I have been taking care of her recently. I walked back upstairs to put my package away. When I went back downstairs I saw N opening the door for someone else. It was Kris again…what the heck does he want now. I stood from the living room listening to them talk, I was pretending to read a magazine.

“Hey N, I know this is kind of sudden, but would you like to go out sometime when your free? I could show you around the city, we’d have a great time I promise.”

I got up from the couch not wanting to listen anymore and went to the front door where they were talking when I got to the door N turned to me “Jooyeon, I made…” I cut her off “I’m going to go get Uee.” And then I walked straight ahead and bumped into Kris shoulder with my own. When I got to my car I mentally slapped myself. Why am I being so protective around her? It’s not jealousy is it? I mean I don’t think I like her, but at the same time seeing her talk to him made me want to punch him…No It must be protective, it's probably because I’m scared for her because she doesn’t remember anything that’s why. I pulled my car door open and dialed Uee, I didn’t even ask her if she was free…I just needed an excuse to leave…wait why should I make up an excuse? It's just N, I dont need to explain to her if I'm leaving somewhere.

NANA POV

“Jooyeon I made…” She walked straight past me again and said she was going to get Uee, and then she bumped into Kris and didn’t even say sorry. I looked at Kris who just looked at me “Looks like someone’s having a bad morning.” He chuckled to himself. “Oh so what do you say, would you like to go with me?” I was going to tell him no until Jooyeon completely ignored me, I wanted to spend this weekend to get to know her but obviously it seems like she doesn’t, why is she like this all of a sudden she was so nice to me before now it’s like she doesn’t even want to look at me. “Sure Kris, I’d love to, I have weekends off so we can go then ok?” I saw the biggest smile spread across his face. “OK GREAT!” he walked back to his truck and waved to me as he drove off, I waved back at him when Mrs. Lee came down “Who are you waving at? You should be doing work around the house, not waving goodbye to some stranger!” I bowed to her then I continued mopping the floor. My arms were already killing me I mopped all of upstairs and downstairs, the size of this house is huge too, I felt like dying after I finished. I went to the kitchen and started boiling some water to make Mrs. Lee jasmine tea. I walked it over to her and placed it on the table, “I made you some Jasmine tea…”

She looked at me “I didn’t ask for any.”

“I know you didn’t, I made it myself, you don’t have to drink it, I just thought that you’d like some since it’s the morning, I know I always like to drink something hot in the morning, it makes me…”

She cut me off “If I drink it will you stop talking and go away…”

I took the hint and walked away. I went back to the kitchen where I saw Je-Woo walk in “Good morning” I said to him.

“Good morning N.” he said back to me.

“Do you want anything to drink or eat?”

“Just some coffee will be fine.” He said. I went to turn the coffee machine on and was cleaning the dishes when he suddenly said “You know you remind me of someone I use to know” I looked at him and laughed “Really?” he just smiled and nodded his head. The coffee machine went off and I poured him a cup handing it to him, when I heard the door bell ring. This house sure does get a lot of visits when I went to open it I saw Jooyeon and Uee, they walked inside holding hands.

JOOYEON POV

When we came back to my house I pushed the doorbell because I forgot my keys, Uee grabbed my hand and entwined it with hers, I was going to take my hand away when I heard the door open and saw N standing there which for some reason made me grip onto Uee’s hand even tighter. I saw N just stare at us before we went in.  On our way upstairs I looked back at N who was still looking at us.

NANA POV

They began walking upstairs to go to Jooyeon’s room, I felt jealousy fill my body, I watched them as they took one step at a time Jooyeon turned back to look at me and I saw a smirk form across her face. What the heck, why is she smirking for? Is she doing this on purpose or something trying to get me jealous?  I decided to forget about it and continue with my daily chores. I went to the front to trim the bushes and pick some flowers to put inside, after that I went to the backyard to go do some gardening back there. As I was t some flowers Uee and Mrs. Lee came out and sat at the patio. I was holding some flowers trying to cut the thorns off when Uee came over with Mrs. Lee. They crossed their arms over their chest.

Uee turned and glared at me “Why are you really here?”

I turned to them in confusion “What do you mean?”

“Stop with this stupid act, you really didn’t lose your memory did you?” she took the flowers from my hand.

“You came here thinking that you can get money, or cause problems for this family didn’t you.” Uee said as she looked at Se Yi who just shook her head in agreement.

“No I didn’t for the one hundredth time, now if you don’t mind I have some work to do.” I said as I took the flowers out from her hands.

“OW!” she opened up her hands and revealed that the hand been sliced from the thorns. Oh my god I didn’t mean to do that, I don’t know what came over me “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.” Se Yi touched it lightly “Are you ok dear?”

 “OW!”

“What’s going on?” I heard Jooyeon’s voice behind me. She rushed to Uee when she saw her hand.

 “It’s N, she did this to me.” She started to cry “ I was just offering to help her with the flowers, but she got aggressive and took them out of my hand.”

 I looked at her “What! No I didn’t you came over here and started interrogating me.”

“Don’t believe her Jooyeon, she’s lying.” Uee turned to sob in Jooyeon’s shoulder as Jooyeon held her hand and put her other arm around her.

“It’s true Jooyeon, I was here, and I saw everything.” Se Yi said to Jooyeon.

Jooyeon shot a glare at me “N are you serious how could you, Uee was trying to help you don’t have to be so mean to her. Come on Uee lets take you to sit down I’ll get the first aid.”

“But Jooyeon”

“I don’t want to hear it N!” she said cutting me off.

Se Yi walked over to me “Now what are you going to do? After what Jooyeon thinks you did to Uee she’s mad at you for sure, you have no one to defend you now.” She walked away towards Uee sitting in the house. I stood there and saw Jooyeon come out with the first aid. She began wiping Uee’s hand with alcohol “Owww…”Uee said; Jooyeon looked at her “Does it hurt?” Uee just nodded then Jooyeon’s lips formed an “O” shape as she started blowing Uee’s hand. After Jooyeon fixed her up she got up and looked at me and just shook her head as if she was dissappointed or angry with me. “Jooyeon it’s not what you think…why don’t you listen to me?” I thought to myself.