Chapter 17

Love and Revenge

NANA POV

“Mom…” that’s all I managed to say after my memory had come back to me…I can’t believe it, all I can do right now is tremble while I look at the picture. I was still in a daze thinking about everything that had happened while my memory was gone, and I honestly didn’t know what to do anymore, I can’t believe I’m in love with the girl whose mother I’ve been and is supposed to take revenge on.  I was still in a daze staring at my mother’s picture, until someone entered the room, I didn’t even bother to look who it was, I was too much in shock until the picture was snatched from my hand.

“Where did you get that?!  I thought I trashed all that women’s picture, it’s where she belongs…” I looked up seeing the face of the women I despised, the women who killed my mother, the women whom I would never be able to forgive. 

I scoffed “What did you say?” I stared at her rage fuming from my body.

“I said that that picture belongs in the trash, just like…” My hands trembled too hard to hard that I couldn’t refrain them for what happened next.

All that echoed was the sound of my hand hitting her face, and my heavy breathing.

She turned to look at me with a cold glare but I’m sure the glare I was giving her was two times worse than how she is. “Have you lost it N?!! You dare come into this house, live here, fall in love with my daughter, and have my daughter fall in love with you and you have the nerve to slap me?!!?!” her words followed by a slap.

I clenched my teeth “What about you!”

“What are you talking about?!” she yelled

“That woman in the picture is my mother!”

“I knew it! You’re sick in the head for coming into this home to tear it apart, what was this some sort of way to get revenge on me?!”

 “ Yes I wanted to get revenge on the women who killed my mother! To make her pay for what she did, to make her suffer, to make her and everyone around her fall!” she was about to say something but I cut her off before she could “I’m not finished yet! Don’t you dare tell me I’m wrong for slapping you, because that will never compare to what you did to my mother! You will only bruise, but my mother she’s gone and it’s all your doing…”

“Youre mother was worthless…she…” she got cut off when someone interrupted her

“Mom…is that true…N?”

We turned to look into the direction of the voice of Jooyeon. Her mother spoke “Dear, how long have you been there?!”

“Long enough to know N got her memory back…long enough to find out that you killed the girl that Uncle was in love with…long enough to know that I had been lied to all this time, long enough to be hurt…”

My heart ached watching her stare at us with lost eyes, I had really fallen to deep, now I cant hide the fact that I cared about her “Jooyeon…” I said as I took a step closer to her. She took a step back which caused pain to run through my veins. “Jooyeon…”

“Don’t…don’t come near me….” Her mother pushed me “See what you’ve done!” she walked closer to Jooyeon when she stopped her as well.

“You too mom, don’t come near me…I can’t yet…not after what I heard.”

Her mother gulped “Dear…what you heard…forget about it, this is between me and that girl.”

She let out a soft sarcastic laugh “Forget? How can I possibly forget what I just heard? How can I forget that my own mother had killed the mother of someone I love, how can I forget that that someone I love was taking revenge on my family…you asking me to forget is a lot, and I’m not sure I can do it.”

“Dear…”

“Can I ask you something mom?”

“Why’d you do it? What made you do it? How could you do something like that? How could you have kept this a secret from uncle?”

Her mom walked closer to her “How could you mom?”

“Jooyeon…”I said softly and walked to her, thank god she didn’t step away. But when she turned to look at me with teary eyes I stopped in my place. She let out a small sad smile “What’s your real name?”

“Nana.”

“Ah I see haha” a tear fell from her face “That’s a beautiful name,” she gulped and tried to hold back her tears. “Can I ask you something N…I mean Nana?” I nodded.

“Did you get what you want? Are you satisfied with what you’ve done, are you satisfied with having me fall in love with you, are you satisfied with your revenge now?”

“Jooyeon…”

She shook her head “Never mind don’t answer that,” she let out a soft laugh “I should have known someone like you would never be with me, it’s my fault for thinking that that was somehow remotely possible.”

“But I do love you!” I shouted

She looked at me and shook her head “Please don’t, I don’t think I can bare anymore lies…I’m going to be going somewhere, I don’t want to be around either of you, please don’t look for me.”

I took a step closer refusing to let her go “DON’T!” she yelled as she ran out the door.

I was frozen in my place. “Jooyeon…”nothing ran through my head except the thought of guilt and regret.

Guilt for not being able to finish the job I promised my mother.

And regret for falling in love with my enemies daughter.

To Be Continued...

Alas the long awaited updated haha! Sorry readers! I have been busy with school! But I promised one of you I'd update today and I dont break my promises so I did! Haha If you havent noticed this story is coming to an end, I just feel like its kinda getting boring and I dont want to prolong it if it is, dont worry I will make a new story soon though after I finish this one, well thanks to those who paciently and impaciently waited ahaha! Until the next Update!