Chapter 2

Love and Revenge

NANA POV

Je woo…so far I haven’t been able to get dirt on you yet, but that doesn’t mean that you’re a good guy, I know your family has secrets, that I will find out and when I do I’ll use  them to make the Lee family fall to the ground. For right now I will postpone my observations with you and move on to the other members of your beloved family.

 I walked around the house thinking about whom my next target will be, when I heard a knock on the door, I went to go open it on the doorstep I found a package. I opened it and found files on the others of the Lee family, hmm  it must have been from the private investigators I hired a couple days ago to spy on the them while I was busy with Je woo.  I opened Jooyeon’s file first. She dances at the Korean art of ballet, oh interesting…she has an audition in a couple days for the big ballet show swan lake, that she’s been training for, for months. When she doesn’t spend her time practicing she’s with her girlfriend Uee.  Her girlfriend is a model for Mixxo. I pulled out their photo,  aside from Uee who wasn’t that pretty in my opinion, My eyes went to Jooyeon, in this photo she doesn’t look so bad, her long black hair falls over her shoulders. Awh she’s cute it’s ashamed that I’m going to be the one person that brings down her career.

The next day I went to the ballet studio that Jooyeon practices at. I was looking around, when I came to a window that had pictures of all the of the ballet dancers, my eyes stopped when I saw a photo of Jooyeon the way she smiled in that photo made me smile myself it looked like she was so proud of herself as she held the trophy in her arms…wow she really is pretty. I went to go peek at the practice room.  I didn’t see anyone in there besides one girl. I tilted my head to get a better look, her swift and smooth movements put me in awe. She’s good. I thought to myself...but who she is…she spun around and I saw her reflection from the mirror. It’s Jooyeon. I didn’t even realize it until I saw her face, I was focused on her movements, watching her made me forget the reason I came there in the first place. “Nana you’re here to find out more about this girl, not stand here and watch her,” I thought to myself. I heard a thud….what was that? I tilted my head so that I could see better, I saw Jooyeon on the floor…she must have fell, poor thing. She was rubbing her leg…there was bruises all over them, she got up and restarted the music and started practicing again. “Maybe this is going too far, she has been training for months, and watching her right now, looking at all those bruises, she pushes herself.” “I guess I can find something else on her….” I was walking back down to the entrance when I heard somebody yelling I peered to see who was causing the commotion. I saw Je-Woo and his sister Se Yi. “Je Woo you have to stop acting like this…right now you need to be supporting your niece.” “All you do is mope about Hyori…It’s been years, she’s was one girl, get over her already…she’s gone and she’s never coming back.” “She was just a low-life that made all the men around her crazy, she never loved anyone of them including you, you were one of her preys.”  My blood began boiling to my fist…How dare she…how dare she talk about my mother like that…I was going to take it easy for the sake of your daughter  but now after hearing that I won’t be a nice girl anymore.

I went to bed that night and thinking about what I could do to Jooyeon….Tsk tsk tsk the one time that I was going to take it easy, they go and remind me of how cruel they are. Now I really know that they don’t deserve mercy. 

AUTHOR POV

The next morning Nana went back to the ballet studio, when she went upstairs she overheard them talking “Jooyeon good luck on your audition tomorrow.” Ohhh that’s right her audition is tomorrow, I almost forgot.” Nana said to herself “Let’s go drinking to celebrate.” Said Uee. “I don’t think that’s a good idea, I need to get my rest for tomorrows audition and I have to wake up really early.” Jooyeon said. “One drink won’t hurt you, come on please, I want to celebrate with my girlfriend.” Jooyeon looked in Uee’s big eyes and gave in “Ok ok….only 1 drink and that’s it.” All the girls headed off to the bar, and Nana followed them.

NANA POV

As I was following them, they were being all touchy feely, Uee hugging Jooyeon and grabbing her hands “Oh get a room...” I thought to myself when I ran into some trash cans, they fell loudly to the floor *BOOM BANG BANG BANG. “Crap!” I got up and ran behind a wall. I peeked out to see if they were looking. Phew that was a close one. “Nana where’s your head been lately!” “You could have been caught.” I thought to myself. I got to the bar and sat down at a table far from them. Hmmm If I want Jooyeon to be late for her audition, how can I slip this pill in her drink without drawing any attention? And how am I going to get her away from her drink? Their drinks came and they all began drinking. “If I’m going to do this, I need to do it soon, before she finishes her darn drink.” I saw Uee go to the bathroom. Now’s my chance. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the bar number. “Hello Mini Seoul Bar how can I help you?” “Yes hi I was wondering if you can call my friend Jooyeon, I need to speak to her.” I heard the bartender yell “Is there a Jooyeon in here, there’s a phone call for you.” “That’s me!” She started walking towards the phone, I quickly got up. I walked over to where she left her drink unoccupied, and I dropped a sleeping pill in there as I pretended to order a drink for myself. I saw it dissolve in an instant. “Miss are you getting something.” The bartender asked “Huh? Oh haha, no never mind.” I walked back to my table. I saw Jooyeon walk back to her friend. “Who was it?” they asked “No one was there...” Uee then came out from the bathroom “Lets finish up our drinks and call it a night.” Said Jooyeon who chugged the rest of her drink. I started to have doubts about what I just did…I shook my head clear “Nana don’t feel guilty, after what her mother did and what she said yesterday, why should you feel bad?!” “If anything they brought this on themselves” “What her mother said….” I felt my eye twitch.  I was through feeling sympathy for them now.  I got up, well my job is done for the night, time to go home.

AUTHOR POV

Once Jooyeon was drunk, Uee tried convincing her to stay for another drink. “What time is your audition tomorrow?” “At 7 in the morning” Jooyeon said. “You’ll wake up in time, just have another drink.” Jooyeon ended up staying for another drink…and another, before she actually went home. As soon as she got home she didn’t even change her clothes and leaped into bed. She fell asleep within a split second. Jooyeon woke up to the sound of her cell phone going off “Hello?” “Hey Jooyeon its Su-Mi how did your audition go?” “What audition?” Jooyeon said her voice tired. “The audition for the lead in Swan Lake…” “SWAN LAKE!” Jooyeon yelled “ what time is it!” “7:45! ! I’ll call you back.” Jooyeon rushed to the bathroom and washed her face and got changed. “I can’t believe I over slept, I knew it, I knew I should have came straight home.” Jooyeon said to herself as she ran to the studio. She got inside panting for air only to see that they were cleaning up “Wait, wait, I’m here, I’m ready.” “Sorry Miss Jooyeon auditions are over.” “No you can’t, I’ve been training months for this can’t you just wait 5 minutes?” “We did, we actually waited 10 but you didn’t show...sorry maybe next time.” They said as they left the room. Jooyeon sat down on the chair; it didn’t process in her head yet. She got up angrily and left the studio.

NANA POV

I was on the way to the studio, when I saw Jooyeon, I pulled my hood over my head and followed her. She doesn’t look too happy I’m guessing that she didn’t get to her audition in time. I saw Uee come and run up to her in a panic “Jooyeon how did your audition go?” Jooyeon just stood there emotionless, and then just walked straight passed Uee without a word. Uee called out “Jooyeon! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to get you late!” She ran to Jooyeon and pulled her hand “Talk to me, Jooyeon.” Jooyeon raised her hand silencing Uee “Just don’t Uee… I can’t right now…I just need to be with myself.” Hmmm Looks like I just killed two birds with one stone, she lost her audition and it looks like her relationship is falling apart. I saw Jooyeon walk away…sorry Jooyeon I wish it didn’t have be like this, but I have no other choice. One down…Two to go…