Chapter 12

Love and Revenge

NANA POV

*YAWN* I slowly open my tired eyes, blinking to try and clear my blurry vision because I just had woken up and in between blinks I look down at my waist to see someone’s arm wrapped around it. I slowly turn my head up to see who. I look up to see a sleeping Jooyeon beneath me. How did this happen I thought? Last thing I remember was waiting for her to get home. I looked at her breathing in and out…in and out…I laid my head back onto her chest still keeping my eyes locked onto her, I wonder...what it is you’re dreaming about. I lifted my hand to move the hair that had fallen over her face. I didn’t want to wake her so I moved it as softly as I could. I parted it behind her other hair. I continued to look at her and when I put my hand back on her chest I felt her arm tighten her grip around my waist…    THUMP...THUMP……………THUMP…THUMP.

 I felt my heart race increasing. I moved my hand over my heart and tried to stop it from beating so hard. “Stop...Jooyeon might feel "you" beating so hard.” I whispered under my breath.  I felt Jooyeon move and I instantly shut my eyes, pretending to sleep. I don’t want her to think I had been staring at her sleep. As my eyes were closed I heard her Yawn. I moved my head to get more comfortable, so I don’t give it away that I was up. When I moved I felt my hair fall over my face, then I felt her hand touch my forehead as she moved the hair away from it. My heart beat was increasing again, should I open my eyes? I started to feel her warm breath on my face, I couldn’t stand it anymore and opened my eyes. When I opened them, I looked at her and she must have been shocked too because I saw her eyes grow as she rolled off the bed. I went to the side of my bed “Jooyeon!” she was on the floor peeking up at me with a slightly shy and embarrassed smile. It was the most adorable smile I’ve ever seen. “Good morning,  Jooyeon.” I said causing her to let out a laugh.

JOOYEON POV

*YAWN* I used my hand to rub my eyes,  I looked around to see that I wasn’t in my room, once I was aware of my surroundings my senses came to me and I heard someone’s soft calm breathing I looked down to see N laying on my chest. That’s right…I must have fallen asleep here last night…I was watching her body slowly moving in sync with mine. I remember when I used to watch her at the hospital, she was always so tense in her sleep it was rare to see her with a calm expression on her face, like the one she had now. I hope she’s having good dreams, escpecially after last night.  She moved a little causing her hair to fall over her face, I used my free hand to move the hair away from her face reavealing the most innocent face anyone could ever see. My emotions took over and I felt my face leaning closer to hers wanting to close the gap between us.  I was about an inch away from her lips when I saw her open her eyes. My eyes grew scared that she caught me trying to steal a kiss from her in her sleep and self-consciously my body panicked and rolled off of the bed. I heard her yell my name and then I saw her peek over the side of the bed. I was so embarrassed. She rested her head on the side of the bed still looking at me,

 “You must be wondering why I fell asleep in your room…” I said to her. She just blinked her eyes at me. “Well you see last night when I came home I saw that you made dinner for me, but you had fallen asleep while waiting, so after I ate I took you to your room and when I tucked you in I guess you were having a nightmare because you were panicking in your sleep so I tried to comfort you, and every time when I tried to get up I felt you panic again so I fell asleep by accident. Haha”

She pushed herself up “I panic in my sleep? That’s embarrassing….I’m sorry.”

“No it wasn’t your fault, you don’t have control over things like that.”

“OH! Did you like the food I made for you?” she asked me.

“I loved it, it was delicious I ate everything!”

“You don’t have to lie, you probably get better home cooked meals from your mom.”

I was quiet. “Actually…that’s the first home cooked meal someone’s made for me. Ever since I could remember we always had chiefs making our food, beacuse we were well off, so my mom never cooked, and at school people would come and serve me. I always saw the little kids with their boxed lunch their parents made them and I was actually jealous of them, I just wanted a normal lunch like them. So I really did enjoy your cooking last night.”

“Jooyeon…I didn’t know…I’m sorry.” She said to me.

“It’s no big deal, now because of you I can check that off the list!”

“You have a list?” she said arching an eyebrow at me.

“Hahaha Yeah...Would you like to help me check off some more things?” I asked her.

“Sure, but I have to work today.”

“N, it’s Saturday you don’t work.” I laughed at her.

“Oh that’s right I am free, so yes, I’d be glad to help you check some things off your list.”

NANA POV

Jooyeon left to go get ready and I did the same I went into the shower and brushed my teeth. I wore a simple blue dress and I left my hair down to dry. I went to Jooyeon’s room down the hall. I knocked on the door, “Coming!” I heard her yell from the room. She opened the door for me to come in. She had on a plain black t-shirt with blue jeans, she walked across the room and grabbed the towel and started rub her hair dry with it.  Then she threw her towel on the bed, “Ready?” I nodded and we went downstairs to find Min Yo sitting at the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal like usual.

“You guys going somewhere.” Min Yo asked

“Out.” Jooyeon said back to him waving as she opened the door for me.

We walked outside to her car. I was about to pull the door open when she said “Wait!” her hands reached for the door and pulled it open for me. “Madam N, won’t you please sit down.” She smiled at me. I followed along with her little game “Thank you, servant Lee Jooyeon” I laughed at her once I saw her raise her eyebrow at me. She shut the door and went to her side. Once she sat down she the engine and drove off. I looked outside the window we arrived at a small secluded park. She got out the car, “I know it’s small but I want to show you something. No one really knows about this except me.” She began walking and led the way.

 I followed we went down a hill to a little stream, going down the hill was sort of bumpy and rocky. I tried my best to keep my balance, but then I tripped luckily Jooyeon caught me. “Thanks,” I said to her trying to hold back my blush. She grabbed my hand and entwined it with hers. “So Madam N doesn’t get hurt.” A smirk formed across her face as she turned away and continued walking leaving me smiling like an idiot at her words. Once we got down to the stream she said “Now you have to take off your sandals. We have to walk in the water.” I took off my sandals and she grabbed them from me “You worry about not falling, I can carry our shoes.” She said still holding onto my hand. We walked through the water. It was cold with each step I took, we arrived at a small cave “We're here.” She said as she put my sandals down so that I could put them on. She pulled out a flashlight from her bag and turned it on “Let’s go!” she said to me as she started to walk.

 “Jooyeon I’m sorry but there’s no way I’m going in there. I'm scared of the dark. ” I said. She walked back to me and grabbed my hand again “You can trust me N.” I nodded my head as I took tiny steps toward the cave once we got inside it was pitch black except for the flashlight beam. I felt myself begin to panic, she tightened her grip around my hand “It’s ok N I know your scared but there’s nothing to be scared of I’m right here.” I felt a little calmer. We walked for about 2 to 3 minutes when she stopped. She shined the flashlight up so that we could see each other. “I’m going to turn off the flashlight now, but you need to trust me ok. I’m right here behind you, don’t be afraid. I’m going to cover your eyes too, so you can be surprised ok?” I was hesitant but I said ok anyways. Jooyeon stood behind me and used her hand to cover my eyes.

I heard the flashlight click off and I brought my hands up to her hand covering my eyes and held it “Jooyeon I’m scared.”

“It’s ok just wait a little longer, count to ten with me.”

We both counted together “One…Two…Three…Four…Five…Six…Seven…Eight…Nine…Ten”

“Ok are you ready to look now?” She asked me

“Yes.” I said back.

She released her hand and I slowly opened my eyes. I couldn’t believe what I saw. The cave was no longer dark. It was glowing all around the ceiling. It looked just like the night sky. Jooyeon grabbed my hand, “Pretty isn’t it? Their glow worms. They hate the light so that’s why when you come here with light they hide away. But once it's dark they reveal themselves.”

“It’s beautiful.” I said to her

“This is my secret place, when I want to get away I come here, no one knows about it except for me…and now you.”

“Why did you want to show me?” I asked her.

“Because...I hadn’t been here for a really long time I had been so stressed and unhappy, but ever since you appeared into our lives I felt like my old self again.” We stayed there for a while before we left this time leaving I wasn’t scared anymore, I knew Jooyeon was near me, I was more comforted than anything.

We went back to the car.  As we were driving I asked her “Jooyeon what did that have to do with your list?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you…I always told myself when I was a kid that I would bring someone special with me back here one day. So now that I did that I can check it off.”

AUTHOR POV

Back at the Lee house Se Yi was storming around the house angry at her daughter for going out with N. *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* She stormed to the door and opened it to see the delivery boy Kris. “Hello Mrs. Lee, is N here?”

“No she’s out with Jooyeon right now why?”

“Oh I was suppose  to show her around the city, I'll find her but thanks anyways.”

Se Yi had formed a mischievous smile across her face as she called Kris back “Oh wait dear why don’t you come in I want to talk to you about something. That might be of intrest to you.”

“Uhhh, Ok.” he said as he went into the house. As Se Yi shut the door you saw her face form with determination plotting to do something evil.