Chapter 20 (FINAL CHAPTER)

Love and Revenge

JOOYEON POV

“For all those who are going to America please board the plane.”

*Sigh* America here I come. I got onto the plane and sat in my assigned seat. Looking outside before the plane was going to take off was thrilling, I’ve been on planes before, but this time I don’t know, it’s like I’m analyzing everything about it from the way it feels when we take off to how small everything looks from up here. I brought out my laptop and started to do research. I typed Im Hyori, and Im Nana to see if anything would come up. After a few pages I finally got some valid information, I found out that her father is actually pretty well off as well. I also found out where he works. I closed my laptop, and shut my eyes, thinking about what I was going to say or do when I see him.

~FAST FORWARD TO LANDING~

I got off the plane and looked at my surroundings, so this is America. The feel of being here was very different from how it felt in Korea. Here it was very warm and bright. But now is not the time to wander around. I have things to do.  I called a cab and showed them the address of Nana’s father. I still have no idea what I was going to say, but I decided that I was just going to wing it. Once we arrived I got out the cab now feeling a bit terrified. Am I really going to do this? Now is not the time to back out Jooyeon, you came all this way, it’s now or never.

I went to the receptionist and asked if I could see Mr. Im, she asked if it was important, and I told her that it was about his daughter, she ended up dialing right away.

“He’ll be right down, why don’t you take a seat.”

I sat down but I was unable to sit still. My heart beat was increasing, fingers shaking, legs feeling weaker. I saw a man in a suit appear in front of me. I instantly got up and bowed,

“Hello Mr. Im, I am Jooyeon. Lee Jooyeon”

He bowed back, “So you must be Se Yi’s daughter am I right?”

“How did you know that?”

“I’ve done my research, seems like you did yours as well, and that’s why you’re here.”

“Ah yes that, I came to tell you that your daughter is safe if you’re wondering, a couple weeks ago she got into a car accident and lost her memory, I decided to take her in at least until her memory came back. Which by the way she recently just got back…and I recently found out something’s which is why I am here.”

He nodded and patted my shoulder, his face no longer looked tensed and emotionless but calm and relieved, “Before you go on, may I just say that I appreciate you for coming here to tell me that, these past few days I had been calling my daughter every day but I’d get no answer I was worried that something had happened to her, because of her…uh forget it.”

“Her revenge plan, yeah I actually found out about that too. Mr. Im, I don’t really know what to say I didn’t really come prepared I just came based on my feelings and what I thought would be right. I came because I wanted to apologize to you in person. I want to apologize on behalf of my mother for all the things she’s done to your wife, and your daughter…when Nana was living with us she wasn’t the best caretaker to her and for that I apologize. I also want to say I’m sorry for having you worry so much. We really had no way of knowing who she was when we hit her, everything that could have helped identify her was stolen by thugs, and she didn’t have any medical records. Listen sir, I understand why your daughter wanted to take revenge on our family and I’m not mad about it or anything the only thing I am is sorry, because knowing that she wanted my family to fall apart only is because my mother made hers fall apart first. So for that I’m deeply and truly sorry Mr. Im.”

He sat there patiently just listening to my every word. He sighed, then smiled at me. “Thank you for your apology, which is also accepted and thank you for taking care of Nana, she means everything to me. So for that I thank you. You know you’re very different from your mother. I remember how she was in high school very uptight, never liked to talk to anyone but her brother, anyways I feel the need to apologize to you as well…”

I quickly shook my head “No, no sir, you really don’t have to.”

“But I want to, I apologize for my daughter coming into your lives and I’m not sure how much damage she has done to you and your family, but allow me to apologize.”

He showed me a reassuring smile, which I gladly returned “Apology accepted.”

“Is there anything else I should know?”

I sat there and swallowed hard, gathering every ounce of courage in my body “I also, ummmm how do I say this….I am in love with your daughter…”

He sat there and stared at me intently before laughing hysterically “You’re in love with my bratty daughter?! You deserve a metal! Wow I’m shocked honestly. I’d thought you’d hate her for everything she’s done.”

“That’s the funny thing sir. Even though I found out everything I still can’t help but love her. I have really fallen for your daughter. She’s captured my heart. The time I spent with her the more my feelings blossomed. But even though I’m in love with her, I’m still hurt, but I don’t hate her, I don’t think I could ever hate her. All I feel when I look at her is hurt, not only for me but for the both of us. I’m still unsure about something’s, but I definitely know that I love her.”

He ruffled my hair. “Aish this kid, you’re really something. First you come here and apologize to me, you tell me you took care of my daughter, you tell me you understand her reasoning for revenge, and now you tell me that you’re in love with her. Well…you have my blessing.”

I bowed to him “Thank you. Can I ask one more thing?”

He nodded his head. I asked him what I needed to ask and went back outside to the cab. “Take me here please.” The cab driver nodded his head and drove off.

I stepped out the cab and went into the flower shop and picked up a bouquet of white roses. Then I walked across the street to the “Garden of Remembrance” I stepped inside and quickly one name stood out to me “Im Hyori.” I quickly walked and stepped beside her tombstone. I knelt down and placed the flowers in front of it.

“Hello, Mrs. Im, I am Lee Jooyeon. I am Se Yi’s daughter, and I came here to apologize for what my mother did to you. I’m sorry that your life was taken away from her carelessness. But I am mostly sorry for the hurt your daughter has been feeling. Sorry that you could not be there to see her grow up. I know she would have wanted you to, and I would have loved to have met you. If you’re wondering, your daughter has grown up to be very beautiful. I know that she’s a little lost which is why she wanted to get revenge on me, but maybe me meeting her has helped steered her the right way. At least I hope it has. I’m not sure if she still hates my family or not, but even so I don’t blame her, I don’t really blame anyone. I also came here to tell you that I have fallen in love with your daughter, her flaws her everything. I still am unsure about what I am going to do but I want to let you know that I do love her. I think what I need is time…time to heal from the hurt I feel. I’m hurt because she’s hurt. I’m hurt because I feel that the only reason we met was because she wanted revenge. But underneath all that hurt is so…so much love for her…and underneath all that love for her is me. I hope you understand me and that you can accept my apology.”

I sighed and brushed the dirt off of her tombstone when I felt the breeze of the wind, however this one was different the breeze was warm and welcoming, and I felt as if someone’s hand was placed on my shoulder. Guess that’s her way of saying she heard me. I smiled at her tombstone and got up.

HYORI POV

I watched as Jooyeon apologized to my husband. Yes I had been watching over everything. I look after my daughter and my husband. I know everything that had been going on. Even though I was not able to be there physically for my daughter, I am still here for her, she just can’t see me but I’m here watching over you sweetheart. I watched my husband slowly shed a tear after Jooyeon left. I wish I could hug you and tell you that I’m ok.

“Hello Mrs. Im, I am Lee Jooyeon….” Ehhh what’s that? Did she…I quickly drifted off and appeared in front of my tombstone where I saw Jooyeon. She even bought flowers. I listened to her speak. I felt everything she was feeling, I felt her hurt I felt her love. My husband was right she really is something. ”I hope you understand me and that you can accept my apology.” I sighed and looked at her who was now brushing off the dirt on my tombstone. With words like that how can I not. I placed my hand on her shoulder.

“I accept your apology. Please take care of my daughter Jooyeon. I know my daughter and I know that she loves you too.”

~FAST FORWARD 2 DAYS~

NANA POV
Where is she? She still isn’t back yet? Doesn’t she know that I’m worried sick about her? She can’t just walk off and leave me. My phone started to ring from and unknown number, I quickly picked up hoping that it was Jooyeon.

“Hello?”

“Nana its me.”

“Dad!”

“Yeah try not to shout. I just wanted to let you know that your friend came here.”

“Jooyeon? Why?”

“Maybe you should ask her that yourself.”

“I would, but I haven’t seen her. I’m starting to get the feeling that she doesn’t want to see me. After all that I’ve done dad, I’m not surprised. I should have listened to you, I’m sorry.”

“My daughter apologizing? What? Cant be! What have you done to my Nana!”

I chuckled at my father’s silliness “Dad I’m serious. I’m sorry”

“I don’t think it’s me who deserves an apology. Anyways I just want to tell you, that you can come home when you’re ready.”

“I’m going to be leaving today dad. I bet your busy at work huh?”

“Oh, so soon? And No not busy, but ok see you at home. I love you”

“Love you too.”

I ended the call and sighed. “So you’re leaving already, even without seeing my daughter?”
I turned around and faced a smiling Se Yi. Things have gotten a lot better with her. She’s trying her best to make up for all that she’s done.

“Yeah, if I stay Jooyeon might never come back.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“She has been gone for two days…I don’t need any more days to be sure.”

Se Yi chuckled before nodded “You can always come back to visit.”

“Please tell her I love her.”

 I grabbed my luggage and waved goodbye to them and got into the cab and was taken to the airport. I sighed and stepped out the cab and began to walk inside. I went to the ticket area and purchased one to America. I sat down waiting for them to call my plane. 30 minutes passed before they finally did. I got up and held my baggage. I sighed and began walking to the entrance, when suddenly I felt someone grab my wrist. My heart fluttered “Joo-….Kris!” He smirked at me before pulling me closer to him.

“My job with you isn’t done.”

“Shouldn’t you be in jail!”

He smirked “I got bailed out, and now that I’m out I plan to finish my job.”

I was going to yell when he covered my mouth and dragged me out. I tried kicking and shoving but it was no use he was to strong. He threw me into the car when he quickly put tape over my mouth and tied my hands together. I tried shouting with all I had through the tape but it only made him laugh. He took off his tie and covered my eyes making me lose my vision. My heart began pounding. I just want to go home. I just want to go home. Now no one going to save me they all think I’m leaving. I had no idea where he was taking me, all I knew was that the car stopped finally after ten minutes. He opened the back door and threw me over his shoulder. I didn’t bother struggling anymore, it’s no use. Maybe I deserve all this.

He finally put me down onto the cold floor. He untied my hand and took off the duct tape. I heard some type of clapping noise when he was taking off my blindfold.

 “It’s dark…” I tried looking around when suddenly I saw a dot of light. Slowly more and more began to appear. This place it’s…

“Thank you Kris. You can go now.” That voice….

“Jooyeon…”

The cave was now glowing and she stepped into my vision, making her face visible by the light from the glow worms shining brightly around us.

“Did you really think that you could just take off and leave Im Nana?”

Before I knew it tears slowly started to fall down my face. “Jooyeon….”

“Did you really think that you could do that, and not think that I’d chase after you?”

“I---I---I thought you hated me.”

“I do.”

I flinched from her words and bit my lip trying to hold back the urge to break down and cry right there.

“Then why am here?”

“You didn’t let me finish. I hate you…I hate you for making me feel so hurt after I found out your true purpose for coming here. I hate you because if it wasn’t for your revenge plan we would have never met. I hate you because you say you love me yet you try to leave me. I hate you because the moment I found out what you did my heart already had forgiven you. I hate you because I love you…I love you so damn much that I don’t even know what to do with myself. I love you to the point where I’d risk everything for you. You can’t just come into my life and walk out of it, it’s not that easy Im Nana, this Lee Jooyeon won’t let something like that pass so easily.”

I was now sobbing, “Why? Why? After all that I’ve done?  Why do you still love me, I’ve hurt you and yet here you are saying those things to me, I don’t deserve them I don’t deserve you. I love you Jooyeon and I hurt you, I can never forgive myself for that. You shouldn’t love me. I will only hurt you again”

“Stubborn Nana, it’s not your choice whether or not I want to love you. But it is your choice whether you are going to hurt me again. The only thing that will cause me to hurt is if you walk out of my life and leave me. I’ve fallen for you…I’m still falling each and every second.” She knelt in front of me and wiped my tears. Then she pulled out a ring and said

 “The question is will you be there to catch me?”

“Jooyeon…” I began to hit her shoulder over and over again “Why can’t you just be like a normal person and hate me for what I’ve done, instead you’ve forgiven me and here you are asking me to marry you? Are you crazy? Have you gone insane to want to marry me? I am nothing! I’m no good for you!”

She held my wrist to keep me from hitting her and she pulled me close to where our faces where only an inch apart. “That’s right! Youre better than good! Nana I forgave you already, it’s something you’re going to have to deal with. You’re everything I could have asked for, you complete me, and without you I am nothing but an unfinished puzzle. Don’t you see that without you it is me who is nothing? Are you going to leave me unfinished or are you going to fill in the pieces? Will you be there to catch me or will you leave and break me?”

She stared deeply into my eyes, tears now falling from hers. I brought my hand up and used my thumb to wipe her tears away.

“Babo. Babo.” I whispered, looking back into her eyes.

“Of course I am going to be there to catch you. I will be there with open arms and an open heart. I love you Jooyeon. I still don’t understand how you can love me. I am just going to spend the rest of my life loving you and asking myself how you managed to love me too.”

She smiled and leaned in and kissed me pouring out all her emotions into that kiss, all her hurt, all her sadness, all her anger, and all her love. It was a sweet and loving kiss, slightly wet from the tears that fell from our eyes to our lips. I pulled out in need of air. She smiled and kissed my forehead and wiped away my tears.

She leaned into my ear. “Don’t cry.”

I shut my eyes “I can’t stop, so don’t look at me then.”

I felt her lips kiss my left eyelid then my right, then pulled me up.

“Come on, people are waiting.”

“Waiting?” she then clapped her hand making the cave dark, and she entwined her fingers with mine and began running to the only source of light that was left and that was the entrance of the cave.

When we got outside there was red rose petals along the floor and along the stream of the water. I noticed that there had been seats and chairs along filled with the faces we knew. Everyone had smiled at us. She smiled at me and said “Wait here…” and picked up a bouquet and handed it to me. “I’ll meet you at the end.”  Then she ran down the aisle and stood next to the minister with a big smile plastered on her face. I saw a shadow appear next to me, I turned and realized “DAD?”

He smiled at me “Surprised to see me? You don’t think I would have missed my daughter’s wedding day did you?”

“I---I---“

“Now isn’t the time to stutter  you can’t keep your lover waiting.” The piano began to play elegantly, I wrapped my hand around my father’s arm and we began walking. Each step my heart began to pound louder and louder. Finally I swear it stopped pounding when I reached her.

She smiled and held my hands. I looked at my dad who went to go sit in a chair. Next to his chair was an empty one with the name tag “Reserved for Im Hyori” on it. I smiled and looked at my father who was nodding his head.

The minister spoke “Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Im Nana and Lee Jooyeon.”

“Nana do you take Jooyeon to be your lover, to love her, to cherish her, and to continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion?”

I smiled at Jooyeon who never took her eyes off me “I do.”

“And Jooyeon do you take Nana to be your wife, to love her, to cherish her, and to continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion? “

“With all my heart I do.”

I looked at the crowd who was now in tears. I even saw Uee and Se Yi crying which made me chuckle a little. Then I turned my attention back to the minister.

“Please join hands, face one another and repeat after me: you are my beloved, to love and to cherish, and to have and to hold, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in sadness and in joy, to share our lives together, from this day forward.” We repeated it not missing a single word, no hesitation never taking our eyes off each other.

“I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Jooyeon smiled and put her hand on my cheek while her other was wrapped around my waist and quickly pulled me down. She stared into my eyes and smiled and sealed the gap between us, which soon were followed by applauses. After a couple seconds she lifted me up. She brought her arm out for me to wrap mines around “Ready Mrs. Lee” She winked at me. I chuckled and nodded my head “With you I’m ready for anything.”

 

Check out the trailer I made! keke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihu5hNuTjZk&feature=youtu.be

 

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW 20 chapters long. Long story wasn’t it? Hahaha well this story is done I might post a bonus chapter still not sure. Anyways thank you for reading! I hope you liked the story. I will post my new one soon, still finishing the final touches on it!