Chapter 6

Love and Revenge

JOOYEON POV

Now that N was ok with the idea of coming home with us we just have to make sure that my parents and uncle are going to be ok with it. The only thing I’m worried about is my mother, she’s not the friendliest person, it took her a long time to even start to like Uee, and now…it’s like their best friends. As we were driving home I looked into the mirror to see if N was doing ok, I could tell that she was nervous because she kept rubbing her fingers together and cracking her knuckles. She was really quiet and I don’t blame her, she doesn’t remember anything.

NANA POV

When I got into the car, I began to question myself “I’m doing the right thing by going with them right?” Once they drove off from the hospital, I looked outside the window trying to take a good look to see if I remember anything from the city…but I didn’t everything seemed new to me. I felt Jooyeon’s eyes watching me through the mirror, its things like that, that makes me think to myself “Their good people, stop having this uneasy feeling.”  The car stopped inside this big mansion, it was for sure the biggest house that I’ve seen the whole way here. Min Yo opened the door for me which made me feel a little uncomfortable, I’m not use to people doing things like that for me, or at least I can’t remember if I am. “Are you sure that this is ok?” I asked them feeling worried. “Don’t worry we’ll talk to my uncle, he’s a nice person, you have nothing to worry about. Min Yo and I will be there to help.” Jooyeon said to me. We walked inside the house and I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was so huge the living room itself could have been big enough to fit a house. “This is your home?” I said feeling amazed. “Yeah, it’s nothing special once you get used to it.” Jooyeon said. We walked up a flight of stairs that eventually led to a hallway. We walked straight down to the end of the hall and stopped. “This is my uncle’s office; remember you’re Min Yo’s niece from out of state.” I nodded my head and Min Yo opened the door and we went inside. The man sitting at the desk put his newspaper down and began to look at me, “Why is he staring at me like that?” I thought to myself.

He finally spoke “Min Yo who’s this?”

“This is N, She’s my niece from out of state.”

“Oh where is she from.”

“Oh yeah she came from America, right?” he said as he looked at me. I quickly shook my head so that I wouldn’t make him suspicious.

“I was wondering if I could ask a favor of you Je-Woo,” Min Yo said.

“Continue on.” Je-Woo said.

“Well she just came from America and…I was wondering if she could stay here for the time being the thing is when we went to go pick her up…”

Jooyeon cut him off “I hit her with the car.”

Je-Woo’s eyes turned to Jooyeon “How exactly did that happen?”

“Well after Min Yo picked me up, he told me that he was going to pick up his niece he wanted to dropped me off home, but the airport was close by anyways, so I told him that I wanted to drive the car to go get her with him, I took his keys and drove and on our way there, she ended up walked out onto the road and I didn’t see her and I hit her with the car…she has been in the hospital for a couple days and today we found out that she lost her memory and needs someone to take care of her…so I told Min Yo he should ask you…after all this is my fault.”

Je-Woo was silent for a while “That’s a lot of information to take in all at once…but since you put it that way how can I say no?” He smiled at me “Welcome to our home N, I hope your memory comes back soon.”

I was going to thank him, when someone barged into the room “Je-Woo I’m going…” “Who the hell is this?” she turned to me and glared at me from top to bottom sending chills down my spine.

“This is Min Yo’s niece N, she’ll be staying with us for a while.”

“Why?!?”

“She doesn’t have a place to stay and….”

“and she came begging us for help? Just cause we’re one of the richest family in Korea!”  the lady said.

“She did not come here and beg Se Yi.”

Se Yi…why does that name sound familiar? *FLASHBACK* Se Yi hated your….

My thoughts were interrupted when the lady walked over to me. “Is it money you need because that’s the last thing this family needs is for a poor homeless girl to come here begging for money.” She glared at me making me feel nervous.

“Omma that isn’t what happened she got hit by a car and lost her memory, that’s why she needs our help.” Jooyeon said .

“So now what? She’s retarded and unable to take care of herself”

“Omma how can you say such words?”

“Well it’s true she doesn’t remember anything, she’s clueless, making her retarded, I won’t let her stay here.”

Jooyeon walked over and put her hand on my shoulder. “You know what mom, I was the one that hit her, I drove Min Yo’s car and because I hit her it caused her to lose her memory, so you’re lucky she’s not pressing charges, so if I were you I’d let her stay, unless you want to take this up with the police, then please by all means go ahead, I will be there to tell them that I was the one that hit her with the car…I don’t think that would look so good for our reputation.”

“Jooyeon how dare you defy your mother!  I don’t want a random stranger living under this roof, I don’t trust her…”

Je-Woo was going to say something but I cut him off “What can I do to gain your trust? I’ll do anything to prove my loyalty, I don’t want you thinking that I came here for money because I really didn’t, I just wanted to be with my uncle because he’s the only person that I know at the moment.”

The lady walked over to me “You’ll do anything?! Are you really so desperate?”

“Ok well see if you can last, as long as you are under this roof you will be our family’s personal maid.”

“Se Yi!” Je woo yelled.

“It’s ok Mr.Lee you don’t have to say anything, I don’t mind, if I want to show her that she can trust me then I will do it.”

I saw an evil smile curve onto her face. “Very well, you can start today.”

“Tomorrow…” Je-Woo said.

“But!”

“No but’s Se Yi…this girl just came here today, she has to get settled in.  Do you have any clothes to wear?” he looked at me

I shook my head. “ Min Yo take her to go buy some clothes.”

“Yes sir.” He said as he got up “Come on N, lets go.”

“N? that’s a stupid name…” Se Yi mumbled loud enough for me to here.

I bowed down “Thank you sir.” I turned to her “Thank you Mrs.Lee”

“Don’t thank me so soon.” She said to me as I was leaving the room.

AUTHOR POV

After the others left the room leaving Se Yi and Je-Woo there, there was tension in the room. Se Yi spoke

“I know why your being so nice and letting her stay, it’s because she looks like the splitting image of Hyori.”

“You saw it too, I was beginning to think I was crazy.”

“YOU ARE! HOW CAN YOU LET A STANGER INTO THIS HOME JUST BECAUSE SHE REMINDS YOU OF YOUR STUPID EX-GIRLFRIEND.”

“That’s not why I let her stay.”

“Please Je-Woo, don’t lie to yourself you know it’s true.”

“I let her stay because she’s Min Yo’s niece…he is apart of this family meaning that she is too, and she’s in no condition to be by herself since she doesn’t remember anything.”

“I’ll make her wish she didn’t stay here.” Se Yi said as she stormed out of the room.

Se Yi began pacing back and forth the hallway. “That girl, there’s no mistake in it that she looks like Hyori. The moment I walked in...it was like staring at a ghost. I can’t stand to look at her I can feel the guilt build up again from that day. I have to do whatever I can to get rid of her.”