Chapter 18

Love and Revenge

JOOYEON POV

There was a numbness running through my body after I yelled at Nana to not come near me. I didn’t mean to shout, I saw the way she flinched and it hurt me because I was the one who caused that. That isn’t like me…I don’t normally raise my voice at people, but I was just so hurt. I’d been lied to not only by her but by my mother as well. This whole time she’s been trying to get Nana to leave it’s not because she saw something bad in her or because she didn’t trust her, it’s because she killed her mother.

I let my feet take me where ever, I didn’t have an exact place in mind. I just needed to be alone. The more I thought about things the more heart ache I felt, I was able to feel my heart grow heavier and heavier, as it beats became slower and slower. Why did I have to fall in love with her? She only wanted revenge on my mother, but who can blame her? My mother’s a killer…hmmm killer…the word feels so bitter coming out of my mouth.

 I ended up going to the park, like I usually do and once again sat on the bench I usually sit at. Once I sat down I let the tears flow down my face freely there’s no use in holding it in anymore. It hurts, it hurts so bad…the pain is killing me alive. What hurts most is Nana, the fact that after what I heard, I still love her. I can’t stop my feelings for me it wasn’t fake. I know it wasn’t for her either at least when she lost her memory but now that she has it back…I’m sure that those feelings vanished to thin air.

I put my hand over my heart unable to tolerate the pain anymore, “Please stop…stop hurting, stop loving her…please.” After I beg my heart to stop I feel someone’s hand on my shoulder. I lift face up to see who it is that sees me as this broken person…”Mrs. Kahi…” more tears started to fall as I looked at her, as I looked at the person who treated me like her own daughter better than my own mother, the person who always helps me during my darkest hour. She was carrying Neri and had a sad concerned look on her face. She put Neri down and sat by my side as Neri ran to sit on me.

We sat in silence for a while before she spoke “Jooyeon, what’s happened…I’ve never seen you like this, even when you didn’t get the audition, I never saw so much hurt in your eyes.”

I inhaled deeply before I answered her and I told her everything from me falling in love with N, to what I had heard, to my feelings now. “It hurts Mrs. Kahi; my heart feels as if its shatter and the pain is over taking me.” Tears started to fall again I couldn’t bring myself to look at Mrs. Kahi so I turned to look the other direction and I shut my eyes as tight as I could, hoping that it would stop the tears. As my eyes where tightly shut, I felt someone’s hand touch the area over my heart. I turned thinking it was Mrs. Kahi but it turned out to be Neri. She looked at me with the most sincere eyes I’ve ever seen in a kid. “Jooyeon Unnie, is this where it hurts?” I nodded my head, still unable to say anything to the little girl in front of me.

She began to rub it and whisper to it “…bad heart, bad…you’re making Jooyeon Unnie cry.” She looked up to me and smiled “Remember you did that for me when I fell at the park Unnie? Now it’s my turn to do it for you.” I smiled at her sweet gesture, “Thank you Neri.”  She nodded her head and laid down on my chest. Mrs. Kahi put her hand on my thigh and spoke “Jooyeon, I think that you should go talk to your uncle about this, he can tell you the real story what really happened, and in return you should tell him to talk to your mom. As for Nana that’s up to you on what you want to do it’s up to your heart.” I nodded my head “I think I will, Thank you…for everything.”

She put her arms around me and embraced me in a hug “Jooyeon I want you to know that I’m always here for you, if you feel like you have no one to run to you can always run to me.”

“and me!” Neri said as she quickly lifted her head and showed a cheeky smile.

I pinched her cheek lightly “Aigoo, your too cute...Unnie loves you.” She laughed and pouted as she rubbed her cheek “I love unnie too!”

Mrs Kahi took Neri and said “I think you should go now, you have things to talk about.” I nodded and I hugged her. I called my uncle and told him to meet me at the park. I waited for about 10 minutes before he arrived.

“What is it Jooyeon, I was worried when you didn’t answer me when you left the house, is it your mom?”

I nodded my head and spoke “Uncle, the girl you loved, what happened between you two?”

He let out a sad smile and walked to one of the benches and patted the area next to him telling me to sit. “Jooyeon, I loved that girl with all my heart.”

“Uncle, if you loved her, what happened? I need to know what happened…”

He sighed before he spoke “It was the time when we were in high school, her name was Im Hyori, she was quite popular and everyone loved her including me. There was only one person that resented her and hated her and that person is no one other than your mother. Long story short I confessed my feeling to her and we did end up being together and we were happy, however your mom thought that Hyori was only using me and she did whatever she could to tear us apart, she’d embarrass Hyori in front of the whole school and blackmail her. She did everything until one day Hyori broke, she couldn’t handle it anymore and she decided to break up. I was devastated and I was determined to do whatever I could to get her back. She disappeared for a while after high school leaving to America. I thought I’d never see her again, but that never stopped me from sending letters and trying to call her every now and then. One day she told me that we needed to talk and that she was coming back to Korea. I asked her why when she told me that she wanted to talk in person about letting me go, because she had been happily married and had a child named Nana…” I sat there absorbing everything and putting all the pieces together.

“Then when she arrived she had called me and told me that she was waiting for me at the coffee shop, as she was on the phone with me I heard her scream and I heard a loud thud, and I only found out when I arrived there that she had been hit with a car and instantly died. Her death was my fault, its because I was an idiot that didn’t want to let her go and she felt the need to come to Korea in person to let me down easy.”  I put my hand onto his shoulder “It’s not your fault uncle, but I do think that we should go and talk to mom about this…”

“Why should we talk to your mother?” he asked confusedly.

“You’ll see...” I got up to leave when he pulled my wrist “Jooyeon what do you mean?” should I tell him? He has a right to know,

 I sighed “Uncle, Mom was the one who killed Hyori.”

 

 

 

Hey guys here is todays update! Sorry if you find it unsatisfying, I have a really bad cold and I'm drowsy and on medication so forgive me hahaha! Anyways other than that I hope I get better so I can update soon! Thanks for all your support ^.^