Chapter 4

Love and Revenge

NANA POV

Today I decided to take the day off from all this revenge stuff and walk around the city. I am in Korea, a place I never been to before and I haven’t had the time to go out and enjoy it. I didn’t dress too nice just a plain white t-shirt and jeans. I wanted to blend in, I was only going to the country side of Seoul.  As I was leaving the house the mailman came by and gave me a package. “Thank you!” I said to him as I waved him goodbye. “Hmmm I wonder who it’s from?”  I stop and sat down at the door step as I opened it. I found a letter.

“Nana it’s your dad, I hope you’re doing well in Korea by yourself, how do you like the house?  Your mom would have wanted you to see our old house; it was your first home after all. The reason I’m writing this letter is because I wanted to give you something. In the little box you’ll find a necklace with the letter “N” on it. You’re mother had the same one with the letter “H” when you grew up she wanted to give it to you. I thought that you should have it, now that you know the truth about what happened to her. Well I have to go, take care Nana."  –Dad.

I opened the box and pulled out the necklace “It’s beautiful.” I said to myself as I put it on. I held the letter “N” in my hands. I’ll make them regret what they did to you, don’t worry.

I was walking around the country side, it was a nice sunny day, but there was still a breeze, so it wasn’t too hot. I walked by a grape orchard and stopped in. I was walking down the vineyard . It was different from the city, there were no loud cars and the people weren’t busy talking on their cell phones, it was quiet I was at complete bliss. When the wind blew I could smell the sweet refreshing ascents of the grapes. After I left the orchard I just walked around, I didn’t have a certain place in mind that I wanted to go to. I just went wherever my body took me. I stopped by a park because I saw that it was filled with cherry blossom trees. They were my favorite type, we didnt have any around where I grew up. The pink blossoms fell one by one as I walked down the sidewalk. I caught one in my hand, and made a wish on it, and I let the wind blow it away.  I continued walking just soaking in the atmosphere around me. My eyes stopped when I saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench. It was Jooyeon she was just reading a book. I hid behind the tree next to me just watching her.

AUTHOR POV

Someone was calling out to Jooyeon which made her close her book. She lifted her face up and began waving. Mrs. Kahi came with Neri. “Hey Jooyeon!” Kahi said. “Hey Mrs. Kahi.” “Thank you for taking the time to watch my daughter!” Jooyeon’s eyes turned to the little girl as she bent to her knees “Hey Neri, how are you kiddo!” “Hi Jooyeon Unnie! I missed you.” The little girl said as she hugged Jooyeon. Nana who was watching was wondering who the mystery lady was. “I can take care of her from here, you can go to your interview Mrs. Kahi.” “Thanks Jooyeon!” Kahi said as she left. “So what do you want to do today Neri?”  Jooyeon asked. The little girl smiled, “Can you push me on the swings?” “Of course let’s go!” Nana followed them from close behind. She sat at a bench and used a newspaper that she found to block her face. She was watching as Jooyeon was pushing Neri on the swings.

NANA POV

They both look like their having a good time.  I watch Jooyeon who was now playing hide and seek with Neri. Neri was hiding underneath the slide when Jooyeon was looking for her. It had been 5 minutes and Jooyeon still didn’t find her, so Neri came out herself and scared Jooyeon. “BOO!” she said as Jooyeon turned and screamed and chased after her.  Neri fell on the floor and began crying, Jooyeon rushed to her “Neri! You ok?” the little girl began sniffling “Jooyeon Unnie I fell.”  Jooyeon held Neri’s knee as she blew it to make it feel better. “It’s ok, let me see…it’s just a little scrape we’ll get you all cleaned up, where did you fall?” Neri pointed to the ground  Jooyeon began hitting the spot she pointed to, "bad bad you made my Neri fall.” Neri began laughing, and I caught myself laughing too.

“It seems like you’re a good person, how can you be related to someone as crazy as Se Yi? “ But still…at least you still grew up with two parents where I only grew up with one.” “Don’t get me wrong my fathers a good person, He was just always to busy working, and I could have had anything that I desired, but the one thing that I really wanted was just to have a normal father and daughter relationship.” I got up after watching them for a couple more minutes and decided to walk home.  My phone began ringing I stopped to see who it was. “Oh its Dad” I said as I picked it up.

 “Hello?”

“Hey Nana, how are you did you get the necklace?”

“Yes I did, it’s beautiful. Thank you.”

“So how is Korea? are you taking care of yourself?”

“Yes myself….and others…”

“Others? What are you talking about?”

“I’m going to make those people regret what they did to mom.”

“Nana! Is that what you went there for? I didn’t tell you what happen to your mother so that you can go over there and try an avenge her, I sent you over there to have a good time and relax.”

“How can I relax when the person who killed my omma is here, I wont stop until I avenge her.”

“Do you think that she would have wanted you to avenge her? Clearly you don’t understand why I told you what happen to her. If that’s what your there for, I want you to come home now!”

“No not until I make them pay for what they did!”

I heard him call my name but I hung up the phone angry at him for not understanding my reasonings at all. “Does he not care that those people are here, and that they don’t even care that she died?” “UGH!”

AUTHOR POV

As Nana was crossing the road she wasn’t paying attention to her surroundings, she was too angry and absorbed in her thoughts. While she was busy thinking about what her dad said a car was coming and the driver himself also was not paying attention. Nana finally noticed what was happening around her, but it was too late. She turned and her body was too much in shock to react to what was happening, all she could do was flinch. BANG!