015.

Echo

Not editted. Will edit later if the internet decides to not be on a period.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Winter flew past and all holidays came to an end. For Doyeon, the season ending was something that she was grateful for. Winter was just so depressing and lifeless the way she saw the world during the season, but now that spring is coming back, she felt clearer. Spring was the total opposite for Doyeon; she found spring was filled with new lives and chances and her body was filled with warmth now that the cool winter breeze was replaced with the bright sun. Around this time of the year was when you would be able to catch a small smile on Doyeon's face, only Kai is the one that is excited to see her smiles. But just because spring makes her smile, doesn't mean that she won't let out all of her emotions on people. If she's angry, you'll meet her wrath.

"No," her mother said sternly. "You will not. You are not going to skip medical school. You will attend a SKY university like the perfect student you are!" Perfect student. Those were words that Doyeon never liked to hear, yet those two words echoed inside her mind, growing louder and louder. They were said many times throughout her life as a high school student. Teachers, the board of education, strangers, classmates, even her parents. It irked her. Perfect. That word isn't even real... Why must the world call me perfect? I'm not perfect. I am anything else but perfect. The only one that didn't call her perfect was Jongin. "Go continue to study. I'm busy here," her mother said as she glanced away from her child. Doyeon stood up with her head lowered to leave her mother's office and walk out to the bright world.

Spring. Doyeon had said that spring was a time of life where everything started anew. Indeed, she did want to start anew as well, but to her, it seemed that if she tried, life would always bring her start at square one again. No matter how hard she wanted to start all over again, her life didn't want to change. But she took it as a sign. Maybe her life was telling her that it was okay to live the life she is. Maybe her life is teaching her a lesson that she will meet again. Maybe the reason why her life blocked her from changing was because it was life. She thought about it again. It was life. Life doesn't just change so easily. In fact, life doesn't stop to wait for anyone nor will it let anyone change. Life is life. That was her philosophy of that year.

"There you are..." Doyeon closed her eyes as she sensed her friend walked toward her with that usual happy grin on his face. "How did that talk with your mom go? Is she going to let you go to an arts college?" She didn't answer and Kai let it slide, knowing that her mother's response was bothering her. A soft smile set upon his face as he let Doyeon walk ahead of him as he followed behind. Being the kind friend he was, he let Doyeon think and tried his best to open his mouth to speak.

The pace they were walking in was slow, but calm. They both inhaled in the sweet fresh air that finally returned and cleared their mind of all bad thoughts. The continued walking until twilight came. Doyeon stared at the sky that was growing dark, watching the sun set across the horizon. Kai sat down on the seat beside her on the bench. They continued their silence since earlier. Not a word has been spoken since between the two. Night started to take over the twilight and Doyeon sat back in her seat to stare up at the dark sky. She found it funny how she could only see pitch black and the moon in the sky. "Can you see any stars out tonight?" she asked Kai, not removing her eyes from the dark sky. She heard him answer 'yes.' "But why can I not see any?" she questioned herself, making Kai glance over at the girl that finally opened for the first time that day. "It's probably because I cannot have anymore dreams to wish upon..." A sigh escaped from as she glanced at Kai. Their eyes met for a while until Kai turned his gaze to the city lights. "What's your dream? To be a dancer... Right?"

"It's a stupid dream... I wouldn't even call it a dream if it isn't going to happen," Kai muttered. "Yours is a dream."
Doyeon kept her head down and sighed, "It's not a dream if the dream will not be granted. You're able to grant your dream."
Kai smiled and glanced at Doyeon, "You're able to achieve your dreams, Doyeon. Your parents can't stop you when you already sent in your application." His smile faultered when Doyeon kept silent. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. "How about this? After we graduate next year, I'll come with you so we can get our dreams together. We'll do everything together. Our parents are not going to stop us from what we want to do. How does that sound?" She sighed, letting Kai's warm hand grip to hers tightly. She understood what Jongin was doing, but she wasn't going to let him. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Maybe you would be in less danger than you are in now if you did as told," the guidance counselor said. Doyeon bit her lip as she let the counselor continue on. "Sticking to one who will not always be there for you isn't healthy." What the hell- Doyeon kept her head down, her bandaged fists tightened. "Make more friends, sweetie. You really should interact more with others." Those words echoed in her mind as the day passed by. She couldn't stop the words from continuing. She could hear the counselor's voice continue on and on in her mind. "Interacting with others is easy. It just happens! So don't you dare say that you can't." A frown settled a upon Doyeon's cold face as she walked down the halls of the school.

She stepped inside her homeroom classroom and shuffled towards her desk and waited for class to start while her classmates ran around, interacting with one another. Doyeon glanced at Kai who was sitting with his male friends that he barely sits with. You're my friend... Those were the words that she had always wanted to say to Jongin, but her body didn't let her. She didn't her. Are we always going to do everything together? Time is going to pass, and as we pass, our friendship will start to break, just like any other relationship on this world. She watched as her friend interacted with his male friends, smiling widely and laughed joyfully. I'm worried about my future truthfully. One day, we won't be at each other's sides like now. We will separate and go down the paths that our lives want us to go.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Kai tried to look at Doyeon's face as the two walked, but her long black hair covered her face. He sighed as his heart ached to see Doyeon so much quieter and distant than usual. He wanted to ask if she was okay, but knew that it was best to keep silent whenever Doyeon was. He was itching to talk to her every passing second, but kept his words in. When they reached Doyeon's home, he asked, "Is everything okay, Doyeon?" She only nodded before stepping inside her house, closing the door behind her, leaving Jongin outside to watch her walk in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It's been a while since I last updated here. otl sorry. I've been studying for exams and stuff and I'm trying to catch up with writing.