014.

Echo

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Christmas Eve finally approached. The snow drifted down from the peaceful night, lightly landing on the snow covered pavement. Doyeon and Kai sat inside the empty small house that they had stayed in months earlier, truthfully, it was the only place where they could spend a peaceful Christmas together. Although Kai didn't want to be there at that moment, especially when the heating system wasn't working well. Let's just say that that Christmas started out terribly.

"I-I-It's so c-c-cold, D-Doyeon!" Kai shivered as he sat cross-legged on the cheap sofa. His friend threw a blanket at the weakling before grumbling about how annoying he was. "You should have got the heating system fixed..."
"Why?" the girl asked as she flipped through the TV channels.
"Because if you haven't noticed, IT FEELS LIKE THIS PLACE JUST TURNED INTO ANTARCTICA!" the blond exclaimed, which was really the first time he has ever raised his voice at Doyeon.
She only scoffed and muttered about how weak the boy was before turning to the boy who was shivering crazily beside her. "Just so you know, I lived my whole childhood in this house during a cold weather like this. Guess what I learned, I learned to it up and just live with it!" she exclaimed back before turning her gaze back to the TV.

Kai frowned and stared at the TV. "I should be at my warm house right now and opening Christmas presents that people gave me," he muttered angrily.
"Get your back there then. I don't care anyway," Doyeon said, not turning to look at the boy again.
Kai's frown deepened and he stood from his seat and grabbed his jacket, marching over to the door and angrily put on his shoes before leaving. Doyeon heard the door slam shut and felt the winter's cold breeze sneak into the house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Kai sighed as he opened the last Christmas present inside his bedroom. He opened the box and found an Italian watch inside. The tenth one in fact. "I always get the same stupid gift each year..." he said before falling back onto his bed. He rolled onto his side and sighed again. Doyeon always gave me the best gifts... He wondered why his friend hasn't given him a gift that year for Christmas. Kai looked around to find that all of the presents were opened. If there was one left, then it would be Doyeon's, but there none was left. The boy grabbed his phone from out of his pocket and messaged Doyeon. 'Are you sleeping yet?' He waited for her reply. 

By the time Kai had started to fall asleep, Doyeon finally messaged him. 'Obviously. Why?'
Kai sighed, rolling onto his stomach and replied to Doyeon. 'Sorry... Just wondering.'
It took Doyeon a while to reply to the boy, 'Were you wondering where my gift for you is?' Kai stared at his phone, not knowing how to reply to her. 'Well, it's with me. But it's a lame gift so I don't think you would like it anyway. I'll give you the money so you can buy whatever you want as a gift. Okay?'
Kai slightly frowned, 'Sure...'

They had stopped texting from there. Well, Doyeon had stopped texting the boy back from there. Kai sighed as he tried to close his eyes again, but ended up tossing and turning many times within an hour. He soon decided to sit up in bed and turn on the TV and watch the news (since there were no cartoons for him to watch at such a late hour). He stared blankly at the TV as random news came up on the channel, none caught his attention. The boy hugged his pillow and rocked side-to-side trying to fall asleep again, which was working. His eyes started to become heavy and his rocking soon stopped once his eyes were fully closed. "...There is a high chance of a white Christmas tonight. A heavy ice storm will be on its way within an hour, and the possibilities of houses with a power outage will be high. More than half of the city may have a power outage." Kai's eyes shot open. "If you're working late, please drive carefully home. Roads will be icy in the morning so please stay off the roads until it is salted. If you are still out of power in the morning, it is best to find shelter elsewhere. We are predicting that the power outage may last for a day to a week, so please try whatever you can to keep yourselves warm for this cold Christmas." Kai jumped out of bed and threw off his night shirt and hurriedly slipped on his casual clothing and a winter coat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Please keep yourselves warm for this cold, white Christmas." Doyeon exhaled heavily as she settled into her bed with a flashlight on her nightstand, ready for the power outage if it came. Just when she was about to fall asleep again, there was a rapid knocking on her front door and she groaned as she stood up to walk out of her room. Opening the front door, she found a shivering Jongin standing in front of her. An eyebrow rose as she looked at Kai, "Aren't you supposed to be in your warm house?" Kai ignored her and pushed his way past her with blankets in his arms. "What are you doing here?" she questioned, closing the door after Kai stepped inside.

"Making sure you keep yourself warm for Christmas," Kai said before walking into his friend's bedroom with the blankets in hand. Usually most girls would be flattered to hear Kai say that to them, but for Doyeon, it was nothing. Doyeon walked into her bedroom, ignoring the fact that the blankets were on her bed and the boy was taking off his winter coat and changing out of his t-shirt and into his night shirt that he had bought along. A sudden flicker of light in her bedroom was made, then every electrical device died and the whole room went black. "I'm glad I came here just in time," Jongin muttered and fell back onto the mattress and glanced up at Doyeon who was standing at the door. He patted the space beside him with a smile, "Lie down and let's get sleep." The girl sighed and made her way to her bed and lied down beside the male, her back towards him. Jongin smiled again and wrapped his arms around Doyeon (in a friendly manner). "Hopefully there will be power for you tomorrow morning, the boy said and exhaled of relief as he closed his eyes and finally got the sleep that he wanted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sorry for not updating for a month. otl. i've been getting writers block.