Chapter 8 - Innocent Reason

Time Flies

“With whom??”

“With me…”

Yoona turned her head for (I don’t know how many) times. She stared at Jonghyun for a while and snorted. “So funny, Jongie…”

“Ha Ha Ha.” Jonghyun said with blunt expression. “What makes you think that it’s funny?”

Yoona rolled her eyes and looked at outside again. “It’s just funny to hear it from an innocent guy like  you…”

“Innocent guy? Me?” Jonghyun pointed at himself. “Do you think like that?”

I even think that you’re stupid, rather than innocent. “Ddeh. Why? You disagree?”

Jonghyun scratched his hairs. “No. I don’t even know about myself so let just think like that…” he shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. “Then, why it’s funny if someone-innocent said like that?”

Of course it’s funny because you always talked out of blue. “Sometimes, you can’t talk about that topic so nonchalantly Jongie…” Yoona smiled weakly. “OH!! JONGIE LOOK!!!” she suddenly excitedly yelled when their capsule stopped at the peak. “THIS IS WHAT I SAY ‘BEAUTIFUL’!!!” she pointed at the Seoul Nightview from the peak. “JONGIE!!! PPALLI!!! LOOK!!” she said enthusiastically and turned her head to Jonghyun but at the same time, Jonghyun, who was sitting beside her, leaned his body forward to see the view, made their face almost touched each other. They were frozen at that situation when suddenly Jonghyun leaned closer and pecked on Yoona’s lips. Just a very light peck, made Yoona’s eyes widened in surprised.

“Bw—What are…you…doing…just… now????”

“Kissing you.” Jonghyun answered straightly.

“FOR WHAT???” Yoona is still in disbelief mode.

Jonghyun looked at Yoona with blunt expression. Don’t know… That thought just suddenly come into my mind. “Don’t you remember the story about the peak of wheel?”

“BWOH?? Of course I remember, we talked about it just now! But… I think you don’t believe that kind of story?? And why you did it with… ME????”

“I never said that I believe or not with that story. But I think it’s not wrong to do it… Who knows what will happen…?”

Yoona took a deep breath. Calm down, Yoong. Calm down. “But why you did it with me, Jongie???”

“You regret it? Yoongie, let me ask you. Am I wrong if I have a wish to be together forever with you?”

“HUHHH??? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, JONGIE???? Together forever with me?? Why??”

Jonghyun crossed his arms and leaned on the capsule’s wall. “I always said that you’re my first girl-friend. You’re the first girl who knows me a lot. You’re the girl that I still remember even after I lost my memories…” he stopped and took a deep breath. “Yoongie, do you think I can have another girl as a friend except  you?”

“Why…not?”

“No. I don’t think so.” Jonghyun shook his head. “I think you’re the only one girl who can be my friend. That’s why I have a wish that you can still be with me forever… If you didn’t, then I think I’ll live my life so lonely as before, only surrounding with the other dudes…”

Yoona stared at him in amazed. That’s his reason why he ki—I mean—peck on me before..? “Jongie… so do you mean you want to be friend with me until we die?”

“Ddeh.”

“That’s why you did that?”

“Ddeh.”

“No other reason?”

“Like what?”

“Nothing.” Yoona shook her head. If it’s like that then I think I couldn’t get angry with your act before… “Since you already granted the story, and I promise I’ll be your friend until the very last time, so… you can relax now…” she smiled.

“Cincca? You promised?”

“Ddeh.”

Jonghyun stared at Yoona for a while. “Then… you can’t broke the promise, Yoongie.” He smiled widely. “AH!!! AGAIN I MISSED THE VIEW!!!” he suddenly yelled despairly when their capsule started to go down.

Yoona just smiled silently, forgetting the shock feeling that she just had for a while. I think the feeling when I see the view from the peak of wheel  couldn’t beat the feeling when I see you smile so widely like this....

 


* * *

 

“Yoongie, how about my question before?” Jonghyun asked when they have a dinner at Yoona’s favorite restaurant after spending a whole day in amusement park.

“Which question?” Yoona asked back while enjoying her vanilla ice cream as a dessert.

“Experience with me.”

“Jongie, let’s just talk about this clearly. What do you mean by ‘experience it with me’?”

“Going out with me.”

“Do you know the definition of ‘going out’, Jongie?”

“Actually I only knew that two people will going out if they love each other, then the guy confessed to the girl and the girl accepted his feeling and they decided to become a couple. So, they’re going out together.”

“And how do you think about us? Did we match with that criteria?”

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows for a while, thinking. “I’m not sure, Yoongie. Since I never fell in love with a girl yet and also I never confessed to a girl…” he scratched his hairs. “But since you also have the zero experienced about love, just like me, I think we can try it.”

“Try what?”

“Try to experience it.” Jonghyun answered straightly. “For example, you will become my girlfriend…”

“Now?”

“Ddeh.”

“So sudden???”

“But what are you waiting for? Don’t you get it what I said, Yoongie? It’s an experiment. So we can know the feeling about having a special person beside us…”

“Jongie, you couldn’t play with your heart so easy like that…” Yoona sighed. “Put it as an experiment… andwae. We can’t…”

Jonghyun became silent for a while, made Yoona feels a bit guilty. She touched Jonghyun’s palm and held it.  “Are you angry?”

“No…” Jonghyun shook his head. “I’m just thinking… and I think you’re right… I’m just act so nonchalantly before. Mian…”

Yoona just chuckled. “It’s not like you, Jongie… apologizing for two times today…”

“Is it so funny?” Jonghyun asked with blunt face.

“Ddeh.” Yoona grinned. “Let’s forget it and open your mouth.” She ordered and Jonghyun followed it diligently and received a spoon of ice cream that Yoona feed him, just like a little boy. “Wae? You don’t like it?” Yoona asked when she saw Jonghyun was furrowed his eyebrows when he ate the ice cream.

“Yoongie, you shouldn’t eat ice cream at time like this… you might catch a cold…”

“I might catch a cold… or… actually you satisfied with the taste and you want it all?” Yoona smirked, knowing that Jonghyun tried to trick her.

“You’ve got the right answer…” Jonghyun mumbled with unsatisfy face but he suddenly became very bright just like the sun when Yoona feed him the ice cream again.

“So childish…” Yoona tutted and continued to feed him while smiling.

 


* * *

 

“Then, see you two days later at school, Jongie…” Yoona said as she got down from Jonghyun’s motorbike in front of her house.

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun nodded. “Ah Yoongie, can I ask you one thing?”

“Sure. What?”

“When we’re at the wheel’s capsule… what do you think? Does it count as a kiss or no?”

AH! WHY HE KEPT TALKING ABOUT THAT!! DIDN’T HE KNOW THAT MY HEART IS UNSTABLE RIGHT NOW SINCE WE DID IT!!! Yoona cleared while looking away. “Is it important, Jongie?”

“Ddeh,” Jonghyun took off the helmet and stared at Yoona. “The answer is very important. Just answer it with yes or no. I wont ask for an explanation…”

Yoona bites her lips anxiously. Actually… at that time… did we kiss for real? I mean… his lips… actually… touched my lips… I can feel it… I think it’s only a peck… but peck… is a part of kiss, right? “Uhm… Jongie… I think… it’s… a kiss…” she said while looking away with red face.

“Aaah…” Jonghyun nodded. “Then see you two days later, Yoongie.” He said and left Yoona without saying anymore.

BWOH!!??? WHAT??? HE JUST LEFT LIKE THAT????? HE LEFT ME IN UNSTABLE HEART LIKE THIS??? WHAT DID HE MEAN BY ASKING LIKE THAT AND LEFT???? AND OMO!!! I JUST REALISE!!!! IT MEANS THAT I ALREADY HAVE MY FIRST KISS… WITH HIM?????!!!!!! Yoona covered her face in frustrated.

“Unnie… what are you doing there?” Soojung’s voice made Yoona raised her mess face. “Oh. What happen with you, unnie? And where’s sunbae?”

“Im Soojung! Don’t ask about him, he really drove me crazy!” Yoona grumbled while entering the house with Soojung.

“Actually I think he always drove you crazy, unnie…” Soojung chuckled. “Now what happen this time?”

“HE KI— Ah aniiyo… forget it!” Yoona sighed and entered her room. “I want to take a shower first…”

After Yoona entered her room, Soojung is still standing there. “Actually unnie… although you always said that he really drove you crazy… but you enjoyed it unnie, right? After sunbae appeared in your life, you’ve changed a lot, unnie… And I’m curious what happen with you two next unnie…” she mumbled with smile on her face.


* * *

 

“Oh! Jongie. Where have you been?” Jonghyun’s grandfather greeted Jonghyun as he entered the house.

“Play with Yoongie…” Jonghyun answered and sat beside his grandfather. His answer made his grandfather, and his mom who was in the kitchen, smile silently. “Haraboji, do you know some stories about a couple on Ferris Wheel??” he began to ask.

“Ferris Wheel? Aah… let me guess. You went to Amusement Park with Yoongie, right?”

“Yoona. Ddeh, haraboji. Do you know any?”

“Arasseo. Yoona.” Her grandfather chuckled. “Story about couple… ahh… do you mean something like exchange a kiss at the peak of wheel?”

“HUH?! You know about that too Haraboji???” Jonghyun looked at his grandfather with surprised face.

“Of course I know. That kind of story is very popular almost in every countries in the world… Wae? Did you play the Wheel together with Yoona?”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun nodded.

“And?”

“And?” Jonghyun asked back and looked at his grandfather. “Am I being rude if I kiss her, haraboji?”

“YOU KISS HER, JONGIE???” his grandfather and his mom, who just ran from the kitchen because she heard the shocking words from Jonghyun, asked him with disbelief expressions.

“Omma, Haraboji, I only said “IF”…” Jonghyun grimaced. “What’s with that overreact?”

“Mian, son. It’s just because we’re so surprised.” His Mom giggled and sat beside Jonghyun. “But why you’re asking like that? Do you have a plan to do it with Yoona?”

“Aniiya!!”

“Why you’re yelling like that, adeul?”

“NO! I’m not yelling, omma!” Jonghyun quickly denied it and got up. “Well, I just remember that I have a homework. Let me finish it first, omma, haraboji…”

“But you still didn’t have a dinner yet, adeul…”

“I already have a dinner with Yoongie. Good night, omma, haraboji.” Jonghyun said and rush off to his room at the second floor immediately. “OH! And Omma! Haraboji! The conversation before… it’s just IF. It doesn’t mean that I’m going to do it!!!” he shouted before he entered his room. Uh-oh Jongie… what’s wrong with you? Why you’re running away after Omma asked you like that? And why you lied to omma? Tsk! WHAT A BAD SON!

 

“Ha Ni… look at your adeul…” Jonghyun’s grandfather chuckled when he made sure that Jonghyun already entered his room. “He’s really bad at lying around… Is there any students who did their homework at Saturday night?”

“Ddeh, appa. What a pure boy, isn’t he?” Jonghyun’s mom smiled widely. “Now I’m curious about Yoona’s reaction when he did it… But, appa, I never expected that Jongie finally did something like that…”

“Well. Although he is so pure, innocent, and unaware about girls, but don’t forget that your son is a Namja after all… Of course he’s still have his senses…” Jonghyun’s grandfather said and laughed in unison with Jonghyun’s Mom.

 

 


 

Next Day…

“Actually what happen with Yoongie?” Yuri whispered to Soojung when they were gathered in Yoona’s home. As usual, every Sunday, Yuri will always come to Yoona’s home. (Oh even if it’s not at Sunday only…). Donghae and Minhyuk were there too, playing football game. While Yoona was the only one that seems like her soul isn’t here, because she often lost in her mind and didn’t aware about the situation around her.

“Molla, unnie. She’s being like that since she went back from Amusement Park today together with Jonghyun sunbae…” Soojung whispered back.

“Yoongie!” Yuri shook Yoona’s body softly. “What happen with you? Did something happen with you and Jonghyun at the amusement park yesterday?”

“No-No… There’s nothing.” Yoona startled and shook her head immediately. How come I still couldn’t erase the feeling when he kissed me from my brain until now… so frustrating!!!

“I think something happened…” Yuri mouthed the words to Soojung, who nodded in agreement.

“Yoona noona. Since you’re close with Jonghyun sunbae, can I ask you something?” Minhyuk, who was taking a rest after finishing the first round football game with Donghae, suddenly asked Yoona.

“Huh? What is that?”

“Just curious about school life in Japan…” Minhyuk grinned.

“It’s because Japan is his most favorite country after Korea, unnie…” Soojung explained when she saw Yoona looks a bit confused.

“Ddeh.” Minhyuk nodded enthusiastically. “The one thing I’m curious the most is the school festival. Did he ever tell you about it, noona?”

“School festival…” Yoona mumbled. “Ah. He just told me yesterday. Wae? But I think we all knew how’s the festival since it’s usually appeared on Jdorama…”

“But I’m still curious to hear it in real… So, what did Jonghyun sunbae tell you noona?”

“Just a little… that Haunted House is always become the most interesting part in the festival…” Yoona answered while taking a sip of water.

“Did he said about the love story in Haunted House, noona? Something like if you have your first kiss there, you will be together forever…”

Hearing what are Minhyuk talking about, made Yoona almost spilled her drink. “BW—BWOH???”

“Yya! Where did you hear that kind of story? I only knew that kind of story is always attached in Ferris Wheel… or something high… not Haunted House…” Donghae, who just back from the toilet, joined the conversation.

“Ddeh! How come there’s a love story in Haunted House???” Yuri grimaced.

“See, oppa!” Soojung pouted at Minhyuk. “I was right! I already told you that there wont be any sweet story about couple in Haunted House. It’s only in Ferris Wheel. I knew it because I’ve ever read it on comic books…”

“Ah… cincca?” Minhyuk scratched his hairs while grinning innocently. “Then I was wrong… but what’s wrong with Yoona noona’s strong reaction?”

ERGH! THIS BOY! HOW COULD HE STILL REMEMBER ABOUT MY REACTION BEFORE… “Me? What’s wrong with me?” Yoona pretended to act innocently.

“When I was saying something like kiss and be together forever, noona almost spilled her drink…”

“Yeah. I noticed it too!!” Yuri almost yelled enthusiastically. “Don’t tell me that the words made you remembered about something, Yoongie…” Yuri spoke again, didn’t let Yoona to say anything. “Let’s think about it… You overreacted when Minhyuk was saying the kiss and once again you looks so anxious when Donghae was saying Ferris Wheel…” she spoke just like Detective who was trying to collect the clues.

“And it so happened that you and Jonghyun sunbae just back from Amusement Park today, unnie. Which is containing of Ferris Wheel…” Soojung followed Yuri’s step. “UNNIE!!! DON’T TELL ME THAT…”

“You kissed with Jongie on the Wheel????” Donghae is the one who completed Soojung’s question in surprised voice.

“YYA OPPA!”

“WHAT YYA???” Yuri and Soojung asked in unison while looking straightly at Yoona. “Is Donghae oppa guessing the truth, unnie??? Why you’re becoming more anxious right now…?”

“Yya! Im Soojung…”

“IS IT TRUE OR NO?” Yuri kept asking.

“Unnie…”

“IM YOONA, AM I TRUE OR NO?” Donghae joined the interrogation.

“UNNIE, YOU TWO KISSED, RIGHT??”

“AISH! Molla!!” Yoona shook her head in a mess and rush off to her room.

“YYA! Im Yoona!! Don’t you dare to run away!!!” Yuri yelled and rush off to Yoona’s room too, along with Soojung.

“Just ask the result later.” Donghae tilted his head while looking at the mess that created by the three girls although they two are curious too. “Let’s continue the match, Minhyukkie!”

“Ddeh, hyung!”

 

 


 

Next Morning…

Jonghyun entered the classroom and found that Yoona already there, sitting on her chair while reading a book. He approached his chair, who was right beside Yoona and placed his bag. “Annyeong.”

Yoona raised her head in confused and looking around. “You’re greeting me?”

“Who else?” Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“No. it’s just the first time you’re the one who send a morning greet…” Yoona smiled and closed her book.

“It’s because you looks a bit different…” Jonghyun answered randomly and sat on his chair. “Oh! Actually you looks different today. What’s wrong with your eyes?”

“What’s with my eyes?”

“Seems like you didn’t have enough sleep…”

Yoona sighed. Of course, since Yul unnie and Soojung didn’t let me to sleep because I have to tell them everything that happened yesterday AND BECAUSE I STILL COULDNT ERASE SOMETHING HAPPENED BETWEEN US TWO DAYS AGO. “But your eyebag is worst than me…”

“Well. I always had a bad time to sleep…” Jonghyun mumbled and gave Yoona a ‘I think you already know the reason’ look.

Yoona just aware about Jonghyun’s words. “AH, Jongie… mian…”

“Hm…” Jonghyun just mumbling, made Yoona feels more guilty.

“Uhm… Jongie—“ she was about to apologize when someone suddenly stood in front of her table, made Yoona paused his words and looked at that person. “Oh. Taecyeon. What’s the matter?”

“Hi, Yoona. Uhm just want to ask, do you have a spare time at the school’s break later? Just a few mins… I want to talk something with you…”

“Huh? Oh… ddeh…” Yoona nodded confusedly, although she still didn’t understand why Taecyeon had to spea formally if he only want to talk. But she decided not to think about it and turned to Jonghyun again. “Huh? Where is he???” she asked herself when Jonghyun’s chair already empty and Yoona couldn’t find him in the class. What’s wrong with him? How can he disappear so sudden like that? And how can I didn’t notice his move…  Ah I should talk with him at the school break later…

 


* * *

 

Jonghyun was walking back and forth in the corridor when suddenly Yuri appeared behind him. “What are you doing here…?”

“Oh! Noona, you scared me!”

Yuri looked at Jonghyun with disbelief face. Is he lying about being scared? How come there is someone who said that he’s scared but there isn’t any change with his straight blunt expression…? Did he say it just for makes me happy? Well… uhm… I think he didn’t. Since Yoona always said that he already lost his sense… “What are you doing here?” Yuri repeated her question. “It’s the school break and I think usually you’ll be at the canteen…”

“I’m waiting for Yoongie, sunbae…”

“Where’s Yoongie?”

Jonghyun tilted his head to the left. “Talking something with Taecyeon…”

“Something what?” Yuri asked curiously.

“Don’t know too, sunbae.” Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. “Taecyeon just said that he want to talk something important with Yoongie. Oh and where’s Donghae hyung?”

“He’s still in class. Since he forgot to do his homework so he must finished it before the break ended.” Yuri explained. “Jonghyun, don’t you think that something important that Taecyeon want to talk about wwith Yoongie is about… he’s going to confess to Yongie?”

“Huh? Confess what, sunbae?” Jonghyun asked bluntly.

Yuri rolled his eyes. Jebal! I don’t know how could Yoona always be patient with his innocent act like this. And now I’m understand why Yoongie is so frustrating because of the sudden kiss… “Confess his feeling to Yoona…”

“AAah…” Jonghyun finally nodded in understand. “Yeah. Taecyeon loves Yoongie…”

“AND?”

“And…?” Jonghyun tilted his head again, confused.

“You will only stand here, Jonghyun? Not going to do anything?”

“Doing what, sunbae?”

“Don’t you feel anything when you knew that someone is going to confess to Yoongie…?”

Jonghyun shook his head innocently. “No. Since I’m not the one who will confess so I didn’t feel anything…”

“What if Yoongie accepted Taecyeon’s feeling?”

Jonghyun looks a bit startled when Yuri said that words. “Yoongie will accept him?” he asked back.

“If, Jonghyun, If! Don’t you feel anything?”

“AH! It must not happen, sunbae!”

“Wae??”

Jonghyun scratched his hairs. “But Yoongie said that she would never love Taecyeon…”

“Cincca??” This time, Yuri was surprised. “Wae?”

“Don’t know too, sunbae…” Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder cluelessly. “Oh it’s Yoongie!” he noticed when Yoona just back from the backyard and approached them.

“Ah! I should go to canteen now, Jonghyun. Donghae must be hungry waiting for the food.” Yuri suddenly remembered that she already took a long time there, she waved to Yoona who was approaching them before she left.

“Huh? Why Yul unnie suddenly left?” Yoona asked confusedly as she finally stand beside Jonghyun.

“Donghae hyung are waiting for her.” Jonghyun answered. “Did you finish?”

“Ddeh. Let’s have a lunch. I’m so hungry!!”

Jonghyun nodded and walked together with Yoona. “Uhm Yoongie, what was Taecyeon talking about with you?”

“Uhm… just asking me to become…”

“His girlfriend?” Jonghyun completed the words with asking tone. Yoona just nodded weakly. “Then what’s your answer?”

“Jongie, is it important?”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder. “Just want to know… So?”

“I already told you yesterday, Jongie…”

“Aaah…” Jonghyun nodded in understand. “Then It means you rejected him…”

“Don’t say it loudly, Jongie…” Yoona glared at him.

“Ddeh…” Jonghyun, once again nodded diligently.

“What about you, Jongie? I think there’s already so many girls already confessed to you since you moved here…” Yoona tried to change the subject of the topic.

“Ddeh. But I’m not interest…” Jonghyun said nonchalantly.

“But they are beautiful…”

“But I'm still thinking that my Yoongie is the most beautiful than other girls!!!”

 

 

 

 



annyeong ^^

ah as I said in Cherry story, sorry for the late update, sorry for the shor flat lame chapter T.T

I was a bit busy these days. Mian guys mian mian mian. Hopefully you still want to read this story…

 

As usual please let me know if you don’t satisfy, or if you have a critic, suggests, or nything ^^

And of course always thnk you for my lovely SUBSCRIBERS, READERS, FRIENDS, COMMENTS, UPVOTERS, AND YOU ALL WHO ALWAYS SUPPORT THIS STORY.

And thanks for 23 votes :’) thank you soooo much ^^

 

See you next chapt. (oh and you who will watch bmjkt, see you at the venue, if you don’t mind to meet lets meet k eke ke ^^)