Chapter 6 - Our Own Problems

Time Flies

“What’s the reason, Imo?”

“Yoongie is in her period right now, Jonghyun ssi. Oh can I drop the honorific?”

“Ddeh, Imo.” Jonghyun nodded, but still looks a bit confused. “I knew Yoongie is in her period… but, what’s the connection between period and angry?”

Yoona’s mom raised her eyebrows. “Oh, you already knew Yoongie is in her period?”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun nodded once again. “I bought the napkins for her yesterday…”

“Bwoh?? You… bought the napkins for Yoongie?? Omo Jonghyun-ah!!” Yoona’s mom looks very surprised and shocked. “Yoongie told you to buy it for her???”

“Actually no… She said that her month period suddenly come and she didn’t have any preparation. So I help her…”

“You help her? Help like what??”

“Lend my blazer to cover the blood mark on her skirt and bought the napkins for her. Wae, Imo?” Jonghyun asked innocently when he saw Yoona’s mom looks very very surprised.

“Omo! Jonghyun-ah… you did it all for Yoongie?? Don’t you feel hesitant or embarrassed when you bought the napkins for her??” Yoona’s mom asked curiously.

“No.” Jonghyun shook his head bluntly. “Should I feel embarrassed, Imo? For what?” he asked cluelessly.

“Anii… nevermind, Jonghyun-ah… Thank you very much for helping Yoongie…”

“Ddeh, Imo.” Jonghyun bowed, seems like he sometimes still in his Japan’s act. “Uhm, then do you mean, woman always get angry when she’s in her period, Imo?” he asked back to the topic.

“Ddeh… Yoongie has an unstable moods right now. It’s the effect of the month-period.” Yoona’s mom explained. “I hope you can forgive Yoongie for being like that to you, Jonghyun-ah.”

“Aaah…” Jonghyun nodded understandly. “Nevermind, Imo. As you said that it’s unavoidable so I think I can bear it…” he said with open-minded. “Then, I just remember, you said that you need my help, Imo. What should I do?” he asked while looking around.

“No. Actually I just want to make the situation became calm first. If you two still stay there alittle longer, then I’m afraid you two might threw some things to each other…” she giggled. “I think Yoongie already calmed herself right now…”

“Then, since I already knew the reason, I think I should go to living room again, Imo.” Jonghyun said. “Thank you very much.” He bowed politely.

“Ddeh…” Yoona’s mom smiled while watching Jonghyun is back to living room again. “Ouh… what a cute boy…” she mumbled.

“Omma! You like him too, right? Right?” Soojung suddenly popped out of nowhere while clinging into her mother.

“Yya! Where are you coming from? Pop out so sudden like that…” her mom caressed Soojung’s hairs. “Too? It means you like him?”

“Of course I like him, omma…” Soojung smiled. “Omma! He’s very handsome, right? Right? Omooo… Yoongie unnie is sooo lucky. Her childhood friend turned into a handsome guy like him…”

“Yya! You already had Minhyukkie…”

Soojung grinned. “Aish it’s different, omma. I love Minhyuk oppa. And I like Jonghyun sunbae as Yoongie unnie’s friend. Omma, how do you feel after meet with him?”

Her mom thought for a moment while smiling. “He’s handsome. Ara… your Minhyuk is handsome too.” She chuckled when Soojung was pouting over her. “You know, I ever saw him at the magazine before. When the magazine introduced the Lee’s family. At first, I though he really looks like an arrogant person, because of his profound eyes, his sharp face, and his chic expression... and also about his rich family’s background, I really think that he’s an arrogant boy. But unexpectedly, he’s very different in real life. He’s very polite, and very innocent… And yes, Soojung, how come I didn’t like such a good boy like him…”

“And you know, omma, Yoongie unnie is the first girl who became his friend. He never have any girl as his friends before…”

“Cincca?? Why???”

“Aish omma, don’t be so loud. Come on let’s talk in my room…” Soojung giggled while dragging her mom to talk about Jonghyun.

 

 

 

“Oh?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows when he saw Yoona’s head was leaning on the table. He took a look on Yoona’s face and noticed that Yoona just fell asleep. Your stamina must drained a lot because you kept yelling at me before… He thought and sat beside Yoona. He took the book from Yoona and examined the questions that Yoona didn’t solve it all yet. There’s still ten numbers left. Seems like I have to solve it all alone… he looked at Yoona. I’m afraid if I wake her up, she’ll turn into a lion again like before… Jonghyun shook his head, seems like didn’t want to imagine his mind and decided to continue the homework by himself.

 

 

 

“Why it’s so quiet?” Yoona’s mom asked when she walked out from Soojung’s room and noticed that there’s no sound from the living room.

“Molla, omma. Did Jonghyun sunbae already left?” Soojung asked while walking to the living room to check on it, along with her mom. “Aigoo jebal… they’re sleeping, omma…” Soojung exclaimed when she saw Yoona and Jonghyun fell asleep with the same position, their heads on the table.

“Omo look at your unnie! How come she sleep with opened like that!” Yoona’s mom shook her head despairly and decided to wake Yoona up. “Yoongie! Yoongie, ireona!”

“Uhhmm…” Yoona grumbled but slowly opened her eyes when her mom kept shaking her body. “Oh, omma, waee~” she asked lazily.

“Ireona. Oh cincca, there’s no girl who slept with that bad habit…”

“What habit, omma?”

“Your mouth was opened when you’re sleeping unnie. Omo cincca how embarrassing…” Soojung .

“Yya Im Soojung! You even had the worst sleeping habit than me!” Yoona glared at her and stood up. “Omma, don’t worry, your daughter is still beautiful with that habit…” she began to mom when she noticed that there’s still someone beside her. “OMO! Why is he still here???”

“Why he couldn’t be still here?” Soojung asked back confusedly. “Are you two falling asleep together, unnie??”

“Molla…” Yoona shrugged her shoulder. “As I remember, he’s still with Omma last time…” she mumbled and suddenly remembered something. “OMO! OTTOKKEH! I still didn’t finish the homework!!!” she examined the paper in a hurry, but she stopped when she saw that all of the questions already solved. “Bwuoya…?”

“Wae?” her mom asked.

“All of them already solved, omma! Omo! Did he finish it all???” Yoona looked at the sleeping-Jonghyun in amazed. “Daebak…”

“See? You just yelled and angry with him but he still helped you, unnie… Oh jebal, if I were Jonghyun sunbae, I might just left you…”

“Fortunately it’s not you…” Yoona stuck out her tongue to her sister. “OMMA NO!” she suddenly yelled when her Mom is going to wake up Jonghyun.

“Wae?” her Mom’s hands stopped when she’s about to shook Jonghyun’s body.

“Andwae! Andwae!” Yoona shook her head. “He might hurt you, omma! Let me wake him up!”

“Hurt?” her mom asked confusedly. “Aaah… so this is what you mean, Soojung-ah…” she looked at Soojung understandly.

“Huh? What did you tell to Omma, Soojung-ah?”

“That only specific people can wake Jonghyun sunbae up, include you, unnie.” Soojung answered innocently.

“But she didn’t tell me why, Yoongie.”

“Because I don’t know too, omma. Why, unnie? Why other people couldn’t wake him up?”

Yoona sighed. “Because he’s a Judo athlete. He had a good defense, he knew if someone unfamiliar wake him up, and he’ll do a dangerous Judo moves on them.”

“Oh daenghida you told me early, Yoongie.” Her mom exhaled in relief, seems like already afraid to imagine how if she already touch Jonghyun to wake him up. “But why you include in his familiar people? You even just met almost three weeks ago…?”

“I don’t know…” Yoona shrugged her shoulder. “Maybe because I already experienced one of his move so his brain already memorized me…” she then started to wake Jonghyun up. “Jongie!”

“Jongie?” Yoona’s mom mouthed the words to Soojung with surprised face but Soojung just winked at her mom.

“Jongie!! Wake up!” Yoona spoke once again, didn’t aware about the silent interaction between her mom and her sister. Jebal… your mom said you’re a heavy sleeper at morning. Not at other time, right?

“Uhm…” and as Yoona wished, Jonghyun finally made a move. He opened his eyes and realized that there are three women were looking at him. He straightened his body in a hurry. “Oh! Cheosunghamnida!” he bowed his head, apologizing to Yoona’s mom.

“Why are you apologizing, Jonghyun-ah?”

“Because I fell asleep, Imo…” Jonghyun replied bluntly and stood up. “I guess I have to go home right now. It’s almost night…”

“Nevermind. We must the one who apologized to wake you up because it’s almost dinner time and just stay for dinner, Jonghyun-ah.”

“Ddeh, kamsahamnida, Imo. But I think I still have to go home now…”

“Wae? Just stay for dinner here.” This time Yoona was speaking.

“I can’t. I’m afraid Omma will anxious since I forgot to tell her that I came here first.” He explained, made Yoona nodded understandly. “Kamsahamnida, Imo. Sorry for disturbing your time.” He bowed politely to Yoona’s mom and left.

Yoona sent him until the front door. “Jongie!” she suddenly called when Jonghyun was about to leave. “Mian.”

“Huh? What are you saying?”

Yoona bite her lip, her habit when she feels a bit anxious. “Sorry for my unstable mood…”

“Will you go to school tomorrow?” Jonghyun asked back, out of the topic.

“Huh? Wae??” Did he listen to my apologize before or no??!! “I think I’ll go.”

“Ah… It might be hard for me tomorrow…” Jonghyun mumbled.

“Yya! Jongie! Bworagoh??? It doesn mean I’ll always angry like that!!!!”

“Like this…”

Yoona sighed, try to calm down herself. “Arasseo, like this. Nah, I won’t get angry like this tomorrow…”

Jonghyun stared at her. “Actually I’m not telling you not to angry… Since I finally knew that women were having an unstable mood in their period…” he explained. “I’m leaving…”

Since when he understood that kind of thing? Yoona raised her eyebrows. “Ah! Jonghie! Gomawo!” she shouted before Jonghyun ride his motorbike. “For the homeworks!” she continued when Jonghyun just looked confusedly at her. Jonghyun just nodded and left Yoona’s home along with his motorbike.

 

 

 


 

The Next Day at School...

“Ugh!! Why we must doing this kind of sport when I’m not in good condition!” Yoona grumbled when they were doing a sport class in the badminton field at indoor stadium of that school. Actually it’s Yoona’s favorite sport but with her condition right now, she really feels so uneasy. And the other thing is because the teacher said that they have to play in mixed doubles team, and since the only one girl who can paired with Jonghyun is her, so here they are. Together in one team, made the other girl students gave her the super envy looks.

“You can ask the teacher’s permit by saying that you’re not in a good condition for doing this…” Jonghyun, who was standing beside her while all of them were doing a warming up before they started to play, suddenly talking at Yoona with a very low voice.

Then how about you? For sure you’ll insist to be a single player instead to have new partner, right? “If I asked a permit, then who will be your partner to play badminton?”

“Better to be a single player if it’s like that.” Jonghyun said straightly.

See? I was right, hm? And rather than makes an uproar here because of he must choose a new partner, I choose to still attend this sport class…”Forget it. I still want to attend this sport class. Then, are you good in playing badminton?”

“Not so. But I entered the badminton club when I was in Junior High at Japan…”

He seriously has so many talents… Yoona thought while scretching her arms. “But you know, you didn’t look good today… Are you okay?” she asked because since morning she noticed that Jonghyun looks a bit pale. Well uhm… more pale than usual.

Jonghyun just mumbled something that Yoona couldn’t hear and continued to do the warming up. After they finished the warming up, they turned into a match. Jonghyun played so well, but in the middle of the game, Yoona noticed something wrong. She immediately signaled to take a break from the match. “Jongie, gwaenchana?” she asked because Jonghyun looks more pale and he sat on the field as soon as Yoona wanted to take a break.

“I’m dizzy…” Jonghyun answered while burying his face into his arms. His voice doesn’t seem fine.

What happened with him? Yoona thought worriedly. She then asked a permit from the teacher to accompany Jonghyun to the school clinic. “Cmon, Jongie. Let’s go to the clinic. I already asked a permit from teacher…” Yoona said. “Omo! You looks so pale!!!” she exclaimed when she saw Jonghyun raised his head and looked at her. “Cmon! Can you stand up and walk until the clinic??” she asked worriedly. Jonghyun just nodded weakly and walked, with Yoona’s help.

 

 

 

“Can you tell me what happened?” Yoona asked when they already in the clinic. Jonghyun was lying down on the bed after the school’s doctor examined him and gave him some medicines, while Yoona was sitting on the chair beside the bed. “I never saw you so weak like this before…”

“I’m dizzy…”

“What makes you dizzy? And the doctor said that your stamina dropped too much because you didn’t sleep even for a minute last night. Wae?? Something happened last night??”

“Just having a bad dream…”

“What dream?”

Jonghyun sighed. “Usual bad dream… I always have that dream since I was little…”

Yoona looked at him for a while. “After the accident?” she asked carefully. “What kind of dream?” she asked in soft tone when she saw Jonghyun nodded.

“I don’t know…” Jonghyun answered with his husky voice. “I only can saw a very very bright light. And I can hear my mom and my dad were screaming and BANG! It’s suddenly dark… You know, everytime I had that dream, their voice will be echoing in my head continuously. And it makes me so frustrated. It’s hurt to hear their painful voice like that when I still didn’t remember anything about them…” Jonghyun closed his eyes with furrowed eyebrows. Seems like he recalled the dream once again and he feels the hurt feeling again and again.

“I understand, Jongie… you must feel hurt a lot…” Yoona said softly. “But you don’t need to hurt yourself like this. I promise you can remember your lost memory… Don’t you remember that I’m here because of it?” she tried to calm Jonghyun. “But we must not to force it. Let it flow slowly… and seems like you need some refreshing…”

“But Yoongie—“

“Yya! Don’t talk back. I already promised that we will get back your memory, so trust me!” Yoona glared at him. “For now, you need a refreshing!” 

“What kind of refreshing?”

“Well… let me think about it. We can go at weekend, do you have a plan already with your family?”

Jonghyun shook his head. “No, they will go to Japan at weekend for some wedding invitation. And I didn’t have any interests to attend that kind of party…”

“Then it’s good! I’ll tell you if I already decided where will we go.” Yoona clapped. “Now, you, just take some rest first so you can attend the next class!”

Jonghyun nodded. “You’ll go back to sport class?”

“Wae?”

“No. Just stay here with me.” He said and closed his eyes. Leaving Yoona, who was stunned because of his request.

“Jongie, what do you… mean?” Yoona asked, but there’s no respond from Jonghyun. Yoona tried to wave her hands in front of Jonghyun. “Aish! This boy!! How could you fall asleep so fast!!!” she grumbled. What do you mean just now? She looked at the sleeping-Jonghyun and sighed. Although I still don’t have any ideas how to recall back your memory… but I really didn’t want to see you so in a pain like this… that’s why I said the promise… She was busily thought in her mind when suddenly someone entered the room. She stood up in a hurry and bowed when she saw who’s the person. He’s the chairman of Seoul International School, who also Jonghyun’s Dad, Lee Nam Gyu. It’s rare to see him at the school except for some special event, that’s why Yoona looks a bit surprised although she already met with him before.

“Oh, Yoona-ah!” he greet Yoona and stood beside her. “I received a call from school and said that Jonghie is not feeling well… What happened to him?”

“He said that he didn’t have a sleep last night and he dropped his stamina a lot, Sir.” Yoona replied politely.

“Seems like he was having that bad dream again…” Jonghyun’s Dad said while caressing his son’s hair.

“Ddeh, sir. He said like that.”

“Oh. You already knew, Yoona?” Jonghyun’s Dad looked at her.

“Ddeh, sir.” Yoona nodded. “He told me just now…”

Jonghyun’s Dad sighed and sat on the chair beside Yoona. “Ddeh. He often experienced that kind of dream, Yoona. Doctor said it’s because the big trauma. Maybe you already noticed that he even couldn’t sleep peacefully at first. But he still can bear it as long as there’s people beside him when he’s sleeping. But sometimes, if the worst dream came, he will become like this. Couldn’t sleep at night, and even can hurt himself…” he caressed Jonghyun’s forehead. “And I’m very thankful for you, Yoona. You really take care of him…”

“Ddeh, sir.”

“I have to call the doctor first. I’m afraid if it will happen continuously at him…” he stood up. “If he wake up, tell him that I’ll pick him up. No need to ride his motorbike since he’s not in a good condition.”

“Ddeh, Sir. I’ll tell him.” Yoona bowed once again when Jonghyun’s Dad left the room.

 

 


 

Few Days Later…

“Oh. Sunbae, please enter!” Soojung, who opened the door, greet Jonghyun. Today is Sunday morning, and since Yoona already promised him to get a refreshing and told him to go to her house at morning, so here he is right now…

“Where’s Imo?” Jonghyuna asked when he entered the house.

Hoh? Isn he supposed to ask Yoongie unnie first rather than omma? Soojung thought. But no wonder. He really has an unique character, just like Yoongie unnie always said. “Omma went to Jeonla Do yesterday. Please have a breakfast too sunbae.” Soojung offered because she’s in the middle of having breakfast.

Jonghyun just nodded and took a piece of bread.  They were eating the breakfast when suddenly Yoona came out from the bathroom by only wearing a towel. She squealed when she saw Jonghyun was there and frozenly stared at her, made her ran off back to bathroom in a hurry. WHAT IS HE DOING THERE??? I THOUGHT HE WILL COME LATER!!! OTTOKKEH OMMAA!! HE SAW ME WITH ALMOST HALF- LIKE THIS SO EMBARASSING!! KYAAA!!! Yoona shook her head despairly with blushed face.

Soojung chuckled when she watched the embarrassing moment between two people infront of her. She glanced at Jonghyun and couldn’t help but chuckled more when she saw Jonghyun is still in her frozen state. Seems like his soul still didn’t back to earth yet after he saw Yoona.

“Lee Jong Hyun! Move from there first!!” Yoona shouted from the bathroom.

“Wae?” Jonghyun asked after he finaly aware again.

“I want to go out! And I can’t if you still there!!!” Yoona shouted again with her face becoming more blushed.

Soojung giggled. “Sunbae, you can wait at that room…” she pointed at one of room. “And you can rest first too. Since Yoongie unnie will take a long time to get prepared…”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun, who seems still couldn’t think of anything just nodded and entered one of room. After Jonghyun entered, Soojung ran off to the bathroom and knocked the door. “Unnie, it’s Soojung. Jonghyun sunbae already moved…”

Slowly, Yoona opened the door while looking around. She exhaled in relief when she saw Jonghyun was not around there. “Oh daenghida. Where is he?”

“There. Take some rest.” Soojung pointed to another room, not the room that Jonghyun just entered before.

“Aah! Right.” Yoona nodded.

“Unnie! Is the aircon in your room still having some problems?”

“Ddeh.” Yoona nodded while walking out from her room and brought some clothes. “That’s why I’ll use another room…”

“Ah. Right. Then, I have to go to convenience store first, unnie! I forgot to buy something!” Soojung suddenly ran off out from the home. Soon, you’ll squeal again for sure unnie… She laughed loudly while leaving the house.

 

 


 

had to cut it here. well actually I just wrote it until here for now. MIAN GUYS T___T

and annyeong. we met again.

of course I still want to say sorry here. I'm very very sorry for the late update guys. I was so busy these days for the graduation ceremony T___T and sorry for this flat chapter. once again, sorry for the short and bored update too T__T

please kindly tell me if you have any critics, suggests, or else. i'll gladly accept it guys. ^^

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS, READERS, COMMENTS, UPVOTERS, FRIENDS ^^ i love you all guys ^^

see ya next chapt. (once again i'm very sorry guys T__T)