Chapter 2 - A Different 'You'

Time Flies

“MALDO ANDWAE!!!!! YOU????????”

Jonghyun just looked at Yoona with undescribed expression. “Seems like you’re the right person...” he mumbled. “Can we talk?”

Yoona still stunned while staring at him with shocked expression. Andwae... Maldo andwae... it’s impossible that he’s the boy that time...andwae... impossible...

“Can we talk?” Jonghyun asked once again.

“Unnie!!” Soojung shook Yoona’s body. Actually she was in shocked too since she knew about Yoona’s first love.

“Ddeh—Ddeh...” Yoona finally let out the words eventhough she’s still in very shocked mode. “Come in.” She entered the house while Soojung helping her to walk.

 

 

 

“Ddeh. Please come here. Arasseo. Kamsahamnida, euisanim.” Jonghyun was talking with someone on the phone when he already sat on the living room, along with the shocked Yoona. He hung up the phone and looked at Yoona. “So, do you know me?”

“You... are you really the boy that time?”

 “Can you answer my question first? Seems like you knew the words that I said before... due to your reaction...”

“Of course I knew it. Since that boy... i mean... you... said that words to me ten years ago...”

“Ten years ago...” Jonghyun mumbled. “So we ever met ten years ago?”

“BWOH???” Yoona looks so confused. What is he talking about??? “You said the same words ten years ago for me... if it’s really you...”

Jonghyun stared at her for a moment. “So it’s you...”

“Bwoh?????” Yoona raised her voice and her eyebrows become more furrowed. “Oh jebal. You really make me confused!!!! Please speak clearly!”

“Can you tell me your memory about ten years ago? When we met?”

Yoona glanced at him. “Dont you have your own memories??”

“I just want to hear it...”

Yoona sighed. Cincca... what’s wrong with this guy... “We met at the park. Oh let me used WE although I’m still not sure that it was you.” Yoona rolled her eyes and continued to talk. “You came and said that there’s no a witch that have a beautiful looks like me, so just ignored the people who teased me that I’m a witch... Just like that. And suddenly it was raining so we just bid our farewell and you just left without saying your name and etc... Wae? You didnt have the same memories with me? Then, daenghida, it’s not you...”

Jonghyun kept staring at her for a while. “We only met one time?”

“Ddeh. See? We didnt have the same memories, right?” Yoona said stubbornly. Oh jebal... how can this guy is my first love... this strange guy... oh no...

“I have to go now...” Jonghyun suddenly stood up and grabbed his motorkeys. “The doctor will come here to examine your leg.” He said and left the house without saying any others.

“YYA!! LEE JONG HYUN SSI!!!” Yoona yelled frustratedly but she only can still sit on the couch. “IS IT YOU OR NOT???” she yelled again but useless. Jonghyun already left with his motor. “BWUOYA!!! HE’S SERIOUSLY A CRAZY STRANGE STUPID GUY!!!!!” Yoona grumbled irritatedly. “HE MUST NOT BE MY FIRST LOVE! ANDWAE!! It’s impossible!! See? He even didnt know anything about our meeting at the park that time...” she said to calm herself. Then... what about the words that he suddenly said? There’s no one knew it except me and the boy that time... Why he knew it??? WAE!!! AISH! SO FRUSTRATING!!! I SHOULD TALK WITH HIM TOMORROW!!!

 


 

“CINCCAAA???” Yuri screamed when she heard Yoona’s story about yesterday. They were walking to the gate after the school was ended. “SO, HE’S YOUR FIRST LOVE??? OMONA!! LEE JONG HYUN IS YOUR FIRST LOVE?????????????”

“Unnie, dont be so loud...” Yoona grimaced. “And I just told you that he might not. Since he looked clueless when I told him about our meeting at the park that time...”

“AISH! HE MUST BE YOUR FIRST LOVE!! How can he said the same words exactly????”

“Well... he can read it somewhere or who knows if he ever heard it from someone...” Yoona said a lame reason. “Aish. I even couldnt talk with him today, unnie. He always disappeared whenever the school’s breaktime. And he just back when the lesson is starting...”

“Well... I think you can talk with him right now...” Yuri suddenly spoke and signalled to the front. Donghae was there, as usual, waiting for Yuri. And he was talking with Jonghyun.

“Oh here you are guys...” Donghae smiled and greet the two girls.

“Ddeh. Oh. Lee Jong Hyun ssi, Yoona want to talk with you...” Yuri suddenly blurted out to Jonghyun, made Yoona’s eyes became widened.

“Ddeh. Actually I want to talk with her too.” Jonghyun said calmly and looked at Yoona. “Get up.” He signalled to his motorsport that parked beside him.

Yuri smiled happily and pushed Yoona’s body to approach Jonghyun’s motor. Jonghyun then turned to Donghae. “Seems like I have to go first, hyung.”

“Sure. Have a good time you two, guys.” Donghae said, although still looks a bit confused with the sudden interaction between Yoona and Jonghyun, but since he received a look from Yuri which was meaning that she will explain it later, so he just smiled.

Jonghyun nodded and left the school, along with Yoona.

 

* * *

 

“What do you want to talk?” Yoona asked while they were sitting at the cafe.

Jonghyun looked at her profoundly. “Tell me, are you really being teased as a witch when you were little?”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Ddeh. Wae?”

“You often cried at the park alone?”

“Ddeh.”

“You often wore a pink shirt that time?”

“Ddeh.”

Jonghyun took a deep breath. “So it’s really you...” he mumbled. “But I dont remember you...”

“BWOH????” Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean?????”

Jonghyun sighed and sipped his macchiato. “I lost my memories when I was seven years old. When I was about to enter the 2nd grade of primary school...” he started to speak again with his husky voice.

“Bw—Bwoh?” Yoona said weakly, since she got more surprised with the sudden truth. The day when we met was ten years ago... At that time we're still in 1t grade...“So... you didnt remember anything about your memories since you were born until that time?”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun nodded.

“Then... how... how about all of your questions about me??” Yoona still looks disbelief.

Jonghyun stared at her for a while. Seems like I have to tell her about my life... although I never shared something like this to anyone except my grandparents and my parents... but I think she should know... I already made her became too confused... he sighed again. “When I moved to Seoul... I found that there’s a book which was I owned when I was still at primary school... when I re-read it, I found a note. Maybe I wrote it by myself, well I dont remember, actually... and I found that there’s my writing about someone named Yoongie... I wrote about you, about the park, and the boys who always teased you as a witch... and I wrote that there’s no a witch who had a beautiful face like her... Actually the witch is not the right one, she must be an angel... Well... that’s what I wrote... and I found that I wrote it when I was at 5th grade... when I still didnt lost my memories...”

“So... do you mean... all of things that you asked just now... you knew it by your book? The book that you wrote on it before you lost your memories??”

“Ddeh.” Jonghyun nodded. “Actually not. When I lost my memories, I still remember a little. And I dont know why I only remembered your name, Yoongie. Although I dont know what or who is Yoongie. The doctor said that I remembered it because it might be the latest strong memory that I had before I lost it all... And when I moved back to Korea this month... I just found another clues about you...”

“But... you said you was living in Japan before... then how can you were at Korea ten years ago?”

“I dont know... maybe because my parents were living in Korea before...” Jonghyun said. His face turned a little gloomy when he mentioned about his parents.

“Eh? What does it mean?”

Jonghyun exhaled loudly and sipped his drink once again before he continued to speak. “The reason why I lost my memories because I and my parents had a carcrash... My parents died and I’m the only one who still alive, although I lost my memories...”

“Then... how about our school’s foundation owner? As I knew, he is your grandfather...” Yoona looks puzzled. “And the chairman is your Dad, right? Who also the CEO of Lee Corporation, along with your grandfather too...”

“Yes, I am. But not a biological one. I was adopted by them a week after I was being an orphanage. Since they and my biological parents are a very good friend before when they attend the same college in USA. And my family, I mean the not biological one, didnt have any daughter nor son. That’s why they adopted me... and even made me as their family legally... And I moved to Japan right away since my Dad that time had to lead the corporation in Japan...”

Yoona still looks so shocked with so many truth that she just knew. “Then why you decided to go back here?”

“Appa had to take over the main company here. Since Haraboji said that he already want to rest and enjoy his time at home with the family... And Haraboji is the one who called me back to here since he feel so alone...”

So... it means, he’s the only one grandson in Lee’s family? Because as I knew, his Dad didnt have any brothers nor sisters too... “Uhm... then, actually what was your plan? I mean why you suddenly curious when you found some clues about Yoongie? I mean, me?” Yoona’s back to topic.

“Well... I just want to meet her, I mean you. Since you’re the only one that knew me and the one that I remembered after I lost my memories... Maybe when I met you, I can slowly recollect my past memories again...”

“For what?”

“For remember the important memories... My parents... My childlife... everything... I just want to remember it all again... Especially my parents... I really want to remember them again... and you, too... I guess you must be someone special for me since you’re the only one girl that I wrote the name so many...”

Yoona felt that her cheek being blushed with Jonghyun’s words. But she tried to act casually. “But you know, that we only met once... what am I supposed to help you remembered your past memories?”

“Nothing. I dont want to force myself too... Doctor said it might hurt me. So just let me remember it slowly...” he paused for a moment. “Can you help me?”

“Sure. I want to help you... But how?”

“Be my friend?”

 

* * *

 

“Woah... it feels like a novel...” Yuri said when she was lying on Yoona’s room at night since she will sleep there. Yoona was telling her about Jonghyun’s storylife. “I didnt expect that he’s an adopted son... You know, because Lee Family looks very proudly about him. And they said that he’s the one who will be the next heir of Lee’s Corporation...” Yuri mumbled. “Then, how’s your feeling Yoong? It’s true that he’s your first love, right?”

“I was very shocked, unnie, truthfully...” Yoona said. “I didnt expect that he’s the one... and we finally met again... although the condition is not too good... he already forgot about me...”

“I dont think so. I think you told me that he said he even still remember your name even after he lost his memories...”

“But still... it’s different...” Yoona mumbled. “It’s looks like a dream, unnie... I just really still couldnt believe that I finally meet with him again... and I dont know how to describe my feeling...”

Yuri smiled. “It’s normal. Since you’re still in surprised mode. Then, how about your decision, Yoong? I mean, you’ll accept his friend request?”

“Well... I think so, unnie. Although I dont know how it will turn out later or will it have any impact for his memories or not... but I think I should accept it... Well... after all, the only one who can help him right now maybe only me...”

“Yes. I agree with you. Since he’s your first love too... Well, you must be happy to meet him again and even helped him, right?” Yuri giggled. “But, Yoong, do you still love him?”

Yoona sighed. “I dont think about it right now, unnie. Right now, when I knew about his condition, I purely just want to help him...” And I hoped he’ll get his memories back, sooner or later... and he’ll remember about me again clearly...

 

 


 

Sunday Morning.

“Soojung-ah...” Yoona walked out from her room after she finished the shower. “Soojung-ah, what  are you cooking?” she approached her younger sister in the kitchen.

“Nothing.”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Oh I’m so hungry... Can you make another food that can fullfil my stomach?”

“We should go to the supermarket first, unnie. We ran out of foodstuffs stock...” Soojung said while examining the fridge.  “When will Omma back?”

“Next week, I guess.” Yoona said, since her Mom is a reporter on a travel magazine, so she often went to many places.

“Then you should go buy right now, unnie, or else we’ll hungry for a whole day...”

“Only me? How about you?”

Soojung smiled nicely at her. “I have a date with Minhyuk oppa. Mianhae, unnie...”

“Oh jebal...” Yoona glanced irritatedly. “Then you supposed me to carry all of the foodstuffs alone???”

“Unnieee...” Soojung convinced her. “Then do you suppose me to cancel my date with Minhyuk oppa???”

“You really know how to win over me. Then just go with your Minhyuk oppa.”

“Cincca??” Soojung clapped happily. “I love you Yoong unnieeee...” she jumped happily and walked to her room. “And by the way, unnie, I love your boyfriend too!”

“BWORAGOH???”

“Your boyfriend, unnie. The one that send you home when you stupidly fell on the trotoar. Lee Jong Hyun sunbae. Woah, do you know, unnie. Even among my grade, Seoul International Middle School, he really popular...”

“Of course since we shared the same School’s Foundation Owner...” Yoona rolled her eyes. “And he’s not my boyfriend, Soojung-ah!”

“Oh... but he’s your first love, right unnie? Aigoo how lucky you, unnie. Your first love was a next heir of Lee Corporation... Omo...”

“Yya! Money-head!” Yoona snorted, made Soojung giggled.

 

* * *

 

Yoona locked her home and was about to go to supermarket alone, since Soojung already left an hour ago when suddenly a sound of motor’s engine stopped in front of her house. Yoona turned her head and looks surprised when she saw a familier white motorsport and of course with his owner. “OH? What are you doing here?” she asked bluntly. The last time I talked with him was when we talked about his past life... I mean, after it, at the school, he just back to ‘usual cold guy towards the girls’.

“Where are you going?” Jonghyun asked after he took off his white helmet.

“Ddeh?? Go to supermarket...” Yoona said bluntly.

“Then get up here.” He signalled the seat behind him. “Or do you prefer to walk alone?”

Cincca he’s offering a help once again for me?? Yoona raised her eyebrows. Then it’s good. I can save much energy... Yoona just nodded and sat behind him.

 

 

 

 

“Why you suddenly appeared at my home?” Yoona asked while she and Jonghyun walking around the supermarket.

“Just want...” Jonghyun said nonchalantly while looking at the stuffs. “Oh do you know how to make Korean’s pancake?” he asked out of sudden.

“Ddeh. Wae?”

“I want to try it.” Jonghyun said and put one of korean pancake’s powder into the trolley.

But we’re buying stuffs for me, not for you... Yoona thought in her mind but decided to just let it go. “But I think you can eat whatever do you want to eat... I mean, afterall, You’re Lee Jong Hyun...”

“I didnt eat this yet...” Jonghyun said. “I should ask Omma later... Well... I’m a picky eater, after all...”

He’s very very strange. He rare to talk with me at school but whenever we met in a leisure time like this, he babbled so casually...

 

* * *

 

“Where’s your family?” Jonghyun asked when he placed all of the foodstuffs to the counter in Yoona’s kitchen.

“My younger sister went for a date. And Omma was still in Busan right now doing her job...”

“Where’s your Dad?”

“He already died when I was six years old...”

“Ah. I’m sorry...”

“Nevermind.” Yoona smiled. “Well... Appa must be rest in peace at heaven right now... it doesnt make me sad if I remembered about him... Please take a sit, Jonghyun ssi.”

Jonghyun sat on the kitchen and stared at Yoona, who was putting the foodstuffs into her fridge. “I have take a look around this district yesterday...”

“Eh? For what?”

“Just to take a look my place that I was there ten years ago...”

“You found it?” Yoona asked curiously and sat infront of him.

“No. Since I dont remember... “

“Why you dont ask your family?”

Jonghyun shook his head. “They might worried about me if I said I want to recollect my past memories. They’ re afraid if I will hurt myself... because I ever try it and I got sick for almost two weeks because of that... The Doctor said that I was having a big shock so it’s hard for me to recollect my past memories again...”

“Ah I see...” Yoona nodded. “Ah! I almost forgot. What do you want to drink?”

“Anything.” Jonghyun replied shortly. “Kamsahamnida.” He said when Yoona offered a cola. “Yoona ssi...”

“Ddeh?”

“How’s about my request last time?”

“Ddeh??” Ah cincca... I really didnt understand his character... He’s always made me surprised, or confused, or anything that not usual...

“Be friend with me.”

“Aah...” Yoona nodded in understand. “Well, of course I can. Friend is a good thing for people...”

“Well... kamsahamnida.” Jonghyun offered his hands. “Then we’re friends...”

“Sure.” Yoona smiled and accepted his hands. “And you can drop the honorific and spoke in banmal. Well... friends are always like that...”

“Then, what’s your name?”

“DDEH????”

“Nevermind. I just call you Yoongie. Can I?” Jonghyun asked still with his blunt face.

“Su—Sure...” Yoona nodded. He even didnt know my real name... cincca... he really looks like alien... not like human being... since he’s very strange... “Then, we’re friends, Jonghyun-ah.”

“Jongie. People around me called me like that...”

“Ah... Jongie...” What a cute name. “Sure, Jongie.”

“And Yoongie... this is my first time formally being a friend with a girl... So... i might didnt know how to treat a girl as a friend...”

“First time???” Yoona asked in surprised. “You didnt have any girlfriends... ah I mean girl-friends in Japan before?”

Jonghyun shook his head. “No interest.”

“Ah I see...” Yoona said awkwardly. They became silent for a moment. “Uhm... seems like it’s a lunch time. Can you wait while I’m cooking for the lunch?”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “I can have a lunch here?”

“Sure. Why not?”

“Thank you.” He bowed his head politely. Yoona just waved her hands casually and started to cook.

 

 

Later...

Yoona took off the apron and went to the living room to call Jonghyun, since he said he’ll watch the TV while waiting for the lunch. “Jonghyun-ss--- ah, Jongie...” Yoona called and approached him. “Oh. He’s sleeping...” Yoona mumbled when she saw Jonghyun was fell asleep while leaning on the couch. Woah... he really looks like a baby... with that fairest white skin and a cute face... a cute baby... “Jongie!” Yoona tried to wake him up. “Jongie...” she shook his body a little but in next second, she squealed in surprised.

 

 


 

annyeong guys.

i'm doing two updates tonight hihihi (i mean another one is for my 1st story) kekke

i'm such a stupid author ... at first i just want to make this story as oneshot. but since you guys asked to continue it, and I even couldnt stop to write it so i just erased the "oneshot" tag from this story and even unmarked the "complete" dialogbox ... kekeke...

guys, can u tell me your opinions or suggestion or critics about this story? ^^ thank u very much if u dont mind :))

AND WELCOME MY LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS, READERS AND COMMENTS ^^ AND YOU ALL WHO ALWAYS SUPPORT ME ^^ THANK YOU